GLO

D

Deleted member 60

this will be an unpopular opinion, but I’ve always been of the opinion that seeds are sold way too cheap for what they are.

most of the time, at least from good breeders, years of work goes into a pack of seeds, and then once it is in the growers hand, they basically have A little plant factory, that can make hundreds if not thousands of the same plant. don’t get me wrong, I would leave to see seeds get cheaper and stay cheaper, it’s just always surprised me to high quality genetics sell for $100 or less a pack
I DO hear ya on the "well-worked wares" >of the past<. I shared your same take years ago.

What I was referencing with my comment (sorry for not being more succinct) ...are the "hit and runs" like the rado gear where folks are just grabbing cuts and spraying plants. Those folks are >also< making hundreds if not thousands of beans per plant as well...often (OK...always) from gifted clones.....and then they are selling those seeds in excess of $10 each on average >without spending more than a few months time< "breeding" and renaming said S-1's/clone only crosses as their own "work". Yes...a "grower" can make huge amounts of seed as well....but 99.9% of the time he's gonna be giving them away to friends/trading em/etc...he isn't hockin em for $10 each.

No slight on the time invested/planning it takes to run a seed biz or any other biz....just a different day and age and way of going about things. Like bags and units themselves...I'm just suggesting that prices need to reflect the time invested in the product as well as standard supply and demand. Right now there are a lot of seeds on the market....so like weed itself....folks are gonna have to take less if they want to compete. Gotta say....for me....it's just kinda fun to buy packs for 1/3 of the cost that a whole bunch of the packs you already bought from the $ame folk$ cost ya.

"Surprise" here about $100 packs would be to sit down and actually add up just how fucking much money I sent last year to these same folks..... for seeds sold that were made >from clones< ....sales that would not have happened at all if those same clones were traded....not hoarded. LOL. Thus...no shame here. Bring on the $50 or less packs...

while you still can. :ROFLMAO:

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
Yeah...not sure how they are cutting prices so very low when others aren't...
Again, I'm just speculating, but I believe it to be a new [ and effective ] sales strategy. GLO has been around a while, but as far as I could see, was barely visible in the seed selling business. Most vendors do a 100% markup on what they pay wholesale. If GLO is selling big volume at less than half that, it's a win/win on $$, and also makes a big splash in the market.

D

Deleted member 60

I think yer right on @Amos Otis . Probably explains a bit why rado himself had that sale awhile back. Too much stock/too few sales. Sell em right off your own site and get wholesale + ....still make $$....and make a bunch of sales in the process. GPS seems to be doing a similar thing w 50% off sales and prices that are far lower than in years past.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I think that more breeders are selling stock on their own which also contributes to some of the banks lowering prices. Not just Rado but several are selling on their own sites and while GLO is cheaper than Rado I think it all helps drive down prices. I am sure that GLO is ruffling some feathers but I have taken advantage of their sales and hope it spreads to other banks.
I have bought several packs recently from inkognytogenetics that are well tested fems @ an advertised 12 seeds for $75 and have never received less than 15 in a pack along with a full sealed pack of freebies not a pack of 3 seed freebies.

I am all for the cheaper prices versus the 150 - 200 a pack

Last edited:

Jg88

Just made my first order with Glo. Payed it by CC last night got an email saying order confirmed or whatever, but when I check on the website it says my order is "on hold" how long do they hold before shipping? And do they provide tracking infos?

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Just made my first order with Glo. Payed it by CC last night got an email saying order confirmed or whatever, but when I check on the website it says my order is "on hold" how long do they hold before shipping? And do they provide tracking infos?
Ship time has varied for me, sometimes within a day or two, the longest it’s taken is a little over a week, but they always send out tracking once it’s sent out. Also, they ship usps so you can track it yourself through the Informed Delivery app.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I think that more breeders are selling stock on their own which also contributes to some of the banks lowering prices. Not just Rado but several are selling on their own sites and while GLO is cheaper than Rado I think it all helps drive down prices. I am sure that GLO is ruffling some feathers but I have taken advantage of their sales and hope it spreads to other banks.
I have bought several packs recently from inkognytogenetics that are well tested fems @ an advertised 12 seeds for $75 and have never received less than 15 in a pack along with a full sealed pack of freebies not a pack of 3 seed freebies.

I am all for the cheaper prices versus the 150 - 200 a pack
I am as well. I reached out to Nspecta to confirm it’s legit when I first found GLO, he says that GLO isn’t making much money at all, at the prices they sell them at, but he doesn’t mind because he still gets his wholesale $$$

D

Deleted member 60

He may not be making much $$$....but he's making sales he wouldn't have @ full price. That's how it works here anyway. I wouldn't have bought anything if they were full price.....but I turned around and bought multiple packs I never would have purchased otherwise. $120 for 44 Mai Tai cross fems....just nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
He may not be making much $$$....but he's making sales he wouldn't have @ full price. That's how it works here anyway. I wouldn't have bought anything if they were full price.....but I turned around and bought multiple packs I never would have purchased otherwise. $120 for 44 Mai Tai cross fems....just nuts.
It is not totally unlike what GU does, GU sells much cheaper than most banks. Thing about GLO alot of times you get more seeds than GU. I have certainly been buying some I would never pay full price of course I still buy at greenpoints too.

D

Deleted member 60

I've never been one of 'em.....but I agree. I've definitely seen folks cop cheap packs @Greenpoint....especially back in the day when rewards were offered for buying more and more packs.

The differences I see with GLO are selection/variety via multiple seed sellers, ongoing low prices across the board with the same prices for everyone......USPS tracking on your purchase.....and the ease/discreetness of using a CC there.

Choices are good. Folks can certainly go where they choose/feel they get the best service/bang for their buck. Far better than in the old days when you couldn't find seed available within the US to save your soul.

Jg88

Do they ship out once a week or something? I know some seedbanks only ship out once or twice per week

Jg88

Ordered Monday night and it's still "on hold" is it normal for the order to be on hold for couple days? I'm impatient and wanna grow these beans already

D

Deleted member 60

Ordered Monday night and it's still "on hold" is it normal for the order to be on hold for couple days? I'm impatient and wanna grow these beans already
How did you say you'd pay @Jg88 ? If via MO you just need to send one for the adjusted total you receieved in your 2nd email. If it was via CC they should have sent you another email after that with a secure platform to pay through. I always get it within a day for sure. I would try emailing them. I have correspondence with an email addy for one of the parties if that helps......

Friday arrival here on my tracked order.

Yes...there were problems with this bank in the past. "Honest" got a bad rep, I believe, for his association with this bank even though I don't think he had any ownership/etc. Not sure why/how it righted. Might be the CC addition so you aren't sending cash/etc....or they finally figured out what a goldmine it could be. Either way...I've had zero problems and good communication in my 4 orders from them and at least a few reputable breeders are playing along so it seems things are in sync foir now anyway. It IS a seedy business though...so as always...I always play by the rule >>don't risk what you can't afford to lose...for whatever reason<<.

Jg88

How did you say you'd pay @Jg88 ? If via MO you just need to send one for the adjusted total you receieved in your 2nd email. If it was via CC they should have sent you another email after that with a secure platform to pay through. I always get it within a day for sure. I would try emailing them. I have correspondence with an email addy for one of the parties if that helps......

Friday arrival here on my tracked order.

Yes...there were problems with this bank in the past. "Honest" got a bad rep, I believe, for his association with this bank even though I don't think he had any ownership/etc. Not sure why/how it righted. Might be the CC addition so you aren't sending cash/etc....or they finally figured out what a goldmine it could be. Either way...I've had zero problems and good communication in my 4 orders from them and at least a few reputable breeders are playing along so it seems things are in sync foir now anyway. It IS a seedy business though...so as always...I always play by the rule >>don't risk what you can't afford to lose...for whatever reason<<.
I Payed with credit card. I got an email with a invoice from flavor creator, I paid and then i got another email saying i payed my invoice in full.

Last edited:

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I Payed with credit card. I got an email with a invoice from flavor creator, I paid and then i got another email saying i payed my invoice in full.
most of the time I get my tracking in 3 or so days but if a big sale I have had it take a week for it to get mailed but always got it pretty much on time and always got them. I am sure with those prices they keep a pile to mail.