Freeze dryer in da house!

D

Deleted member 60

It's gonna run however long you program it to run. What did you figure out? Not sure where you are but if you live where there is humidity you have to act fast with the oxygen packets and the mylar sealer and get it packed up. It's amazing how fast it starts to rehydrate.

Did you get the oil-less pump...or do you have to do the oil change-out on your unit? Glad I shut my eyes and just bought the oil-less one.

TWOLOW

I just press start. The default extra dry time at the end is 2 hours. I'll take it out, weight it. Next I put it in for another 2 hours of extra dry time. I'll continue to weight and dry until it's lost all water weight. I'm in Colorado. So as far as the pump goes. We did get the oil pump. I didn't see enough pros over cons to justify the extra 1700 bucks. Plus to be honest I didn't even want this thing, my wife did. Even with the oilless pump there's still a maintenance plan. Maybe later on we'll get one. Maybe we'll see how long yours will last and how much the rebuild kit will cost.

D

Deleted member 60

I'll just buy another pump if it kicks rocks someday. I thought the verbiage "The Harvest Right oil free vacuum pumps do not require oil changes and do not require regular user maintenance." was worth the cost and lack of BS. I like easy. I save enough $$$$ smoking good hash all year (and not drinking alcohol/etc) to not give it another thought. Should last me a long time since I only do 6-8 runs per year. You can only smoke SO MUCH hash.

I pre-freeze for an hour in my regular freezer.....hit non-liquid...pre-frozen.....and let it rip for 3 hours on freeze. I then switch to dry by hitting the logo and let it run the program out. Can't set the freeze time low enough for my uses so I just end it manually.

I'm in Colorado as well. Grow on......

D

Deleted member 60

Thanks for that info. I'll have to look for the patch. I just figured it out by watching a bunch of videos where the kids were showing off....but not really telling anyone what/how they were circumventing/modifying the full program to maka da hash. Took a few runs to get in the zone.

We're thinking of doing a full load of strawberries to give something else a turn.....and to check out sealing shit up/etc. Haven't messed with any of that...LOL. I just run hash...dump the shit on a silicone tray...and smoke it up. Rinse/repeat.

TWOLOW

What's up I can't wait till I can start posting about freeze drying bud but that won't happen for another 7 weeks.
Soooo we made some oatmeal with apples and cinnamon in 1 tray oatmeal with banana in tray 2 oatmeal with peaches tray 3 and finally yes oatmeal and strawberries
I'll put the trays in tomorrow morning. Anyone want to guess how long the freeze drying will take?

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
What's up I can't wait till I can start posting about freeze drying bud but that won't happen for another 7 weeks.
Soooo we made some oatmeal with apples and cinnamon in 1 tray oatmeal with banana in tray 2 oatmeal with peaches tray 3 and finally yes oatmeal and strawberries
I'll put the trays in tomorrow morning. Anyone want to guess how long the freeze drying will take?
26 hrs. :unsure:

TWOLOW

Well this weekend we should be trimming and freeze drying some bud. It's my first time and I can't wait. We did start taking the fan leafs off tonight. If anyone has any do's or don'ts for me I would really appreciate it. I'll take some pitchers of before and after. Also can't wait to see the numbers. I'll post the thc numbers with the rest of the test results.