Female Seeds Blueberry Cheesecake

Now1more

Super Active Member
You could take it all at once and just have #4 be early. Always nice to have a comparison in harvest time. I always do it to try to dial in a strain. It may be a little more racy with it being a sativa leaner. I once cut a sour diesel early and found it to be shit! Very mild high that only lasted about an hour. If you have enough to experiment with and don't mind tossing it, I say go for it. Just my $.02.

sandman83

Super Active Member
You could take it all at once and just have #4 be early. Always nice to have a comparison in harvest time. I always do it to try to dial in a strain. It may be a little more racy with it being a sativa leaner. I once cut a sour diesel early and found it to be shit! Very mild high that only lasted about an hour. If you have enough to experiment with and don't mind tossing it, I say go for it. Just my $.02.
if anything I'll just leave #4 running in the back as I already nuked half the room ;). Rather just let her finish up and turn half the lights off for a few weeks.

Now1more

Super Active Member
Also, I see you have Bubblegum. Wait till you pop that! I grew bubblegummer, it takes to topping, easy to grow, and I had 6 colas that were stacked!!!

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Great pics on those buds bro. Nice long buds can tell its a more sativa dom strain. Cutting nutes back will cause the fade to happen. Like now1more and urself said ive drilled holes in main stalks to speed up the finish. My dad said back in the day he wood stick thumb tacks up n down the main stalks to stress em into finishing. But only when uve got 7-10 days left b4 harvest.
U could also cut ur lights back to like 10 on 14 off.. Another one that helped me a time or 2 was in last week b4 harvest was using ice cold water in a hydro setup.
The age old question of if the dark period at end does help sum strains throw that last little bit of crystals and finish up to. From my experience usually the 3rd day of complete darkness was the best.. But on other hand ive had sum strains that looked worse after couple days of dark period.. Sum it helps , and sum it hurts i guess..? Lowering temps helps sum.
Its your grow so do what u want and go with ur gut feeling on these decisions.
My first semi hydro setup was making my own octopots. Soil and hydro in same pot. Top pot was compost n perlite sitting on top of a Rubbermaid tote like a dwc bubbling away. The 15 gallon tote was jammed packed with roots at the end.. I had like 4 airstones (2inch round disc's) per tote to pump as much oxygen as i could into rootzone. It was easy to run for sumbody who only has done organics for 25 yrs. No fancy ph &ppm meters. Id use those cheap pool kits from wally world to check em. Feed daily by having a gravity fed resivor with a hose on it. Id lower ph to low 5's at beginning of week and 7 days later it wood b in mid 6's. Keep that routine whole time. Only flushed totes out when flippd to flower and at end when id use ice cold water.
I had no clue there was even a fancy name for my diy pot at the time i made mine. Afterwards learned the make pots similar to mine called octopots.. Lol. I allways herd u cant use organic methods into a hydro setup is why i tried them pots. As long as u use a airy mix in top pot that drained well. When i started the plants in early veg i used a dtw hempys with airstones. Then when they got bigger i transplanted into 5 gallon smart pots and sat them onto the bubbling totes. Worked well. I like the dtw hempys with the airstones. Whatever the runoff that came out id use a 3 gallon shop vacuum to empty drip pans. Then id use the runoff nutes in my veggie garden and for wifes flowers.. No waste of nutes. Lol.
I cant say enough good things bout the botainicare pure blend pro line. Good for all mediums. Id usually mix at bout half strength. The veg bottle was a good even amount of nutes. The compost in top pot was prime stuff that helped out big time. I used the veg nutes bottle, and botainicares tea, with big bloom fox farm and made my own aact & sst teas the whole cycle up to the beginning of week 7. Then last week -10 days only chilled water and set timer to the 10 on and 14 off. Plants finished at 58 days. The same strain outdoors took 63 days of flower. Not sure what made them flower quicker but i wasnt complaining.. Lol. Dtw hempys with airstones and octopots will be the main ways i use from now on indoors. All tho i allways have at least 1 organic soil pot each time so i can see what style of growing makes the best product at end for that particular strain. I like the indica dom strains myself. Sumthing that will knock a horse down and finishes quick.
Sorry 4 long message that is all over the place. Just wanted to share sum stuff ive learned along the way. Just wanted to also say nice job with ur plants dude, uve got nice long ball bat buds dude! Sometimes as much as it sucks the only way u learn is by making mistakes and ive definitely made my share of mistakes in my years.. Thanks and keep up the good work dude i enjoy ur pics..! 🔥👍✌

Now1more

Super Active Member
@Big Terps , holy crap! I second everything you said. I could add, but it might be information overload. I'm sure you learned like I did, trial and error. I never got grow with my old man, he's been gone almost 17 years. But, boy, we had a good time. Get baked baked and play Dr. Mario. We'd make oil together and smoke some dubies. When he got the munchies, I knew I was in for a laugh. He would raid the cabinets and never close them. Always cracked his noggin. But, always came back with delactsbles! Hahaha. Btw, I hit follow for you as well Big Terps

sandman83

Super Active Member
Also, I see you have Bubblegum. Wait till you pop that! I grew bubblegummer, it takes to topping, easy to grow, and I had 6 colas that were stacked!!!
heh, bubble gum is ~6 weeks old and quite starved/angry at me in the 2 gallon fabric pots. I was debating if I should flower them or just toss...my plant count is getting higher than I'm comfortable with but it seems a shame. Will need to rearrange and make some decisions, most of the c99 popped and will be destined for the hydro room.

sandman83

Super Active Member
unfortunately no better method than practice to learn with this hobby, RH is up a bit this week which is handy. Still debating when these girls are going to get the chop but trying to wait as long as possible if that makes sense. Will keep the reservoir around 700-800 ppm until the end.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
If you’re still planning on simplifying your feed schedule, I wouldn’t drop the silica. Silica is great for general plant health as well as stronger stalks. When mixed correctly, I’ve never personally seen silica cause any issues. Not saying it’s not possible but not likely to cause problems.

sandman83

Super Active Member
If you’re still planning on simplifying your feed schedule, I wouldn’t drop the silica. Silica is great for general plant health as well as stronger stalks. When mixed correctly, I’ve never personally seen silica cause any issues. Not saying it’s not possible but not likely to cause problems.
I believe my issues this run were with too much koolbloom and nutes in general, then backing off too fast, I'll probably use up the armor Si I have already purchased. I just don't like how long it needs to mix/sit for each time I mix a jug of water.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Gave up on the room today, lights have been off now for almost 24 hours. Will cut the girls down and trim the few fan leaves remaining and try again on another run. Hope some of it is smokeable at least, will post some pictures once dried and trimmed.

They made it a full 9 weeks, 64 days, at least 2 of the girls looked ripe and ready the others were still crispy and with so few leaves left I just don't think they will do much. Will probably end up making some dry ice hash out of the buds if they taste terrible as long as they still give a decent buzz.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Gave up on the room today, lights have been off now for almost 24 hours. Will cut the girls down and trim the few fan leaves remaining and try again on another run. Hope some of it is smokeable at least, will post some pictures once dried and trimmed.

They made it a full 9 weeks, 64 days, at least 2 of the girls looked ripe and ready the others were still crispy and with so few leaves left I just don't think they will do much. Will probably end up making some dry ice hash out of the buds if they taste terrible as long as they still give a decent buzz.
I like how easy the dry ice hash method is.. When ive done it i used a bigger glass jar and a 60 -80 micron screen on lid of jar. Basically made a huge salt shaker. Also i got dedicated 2x2 peice of plexiglass id use to shake those trich's onto. Worked well. Good luck dude!✌