Female Seeds Blueberry Cheesecake

sandman83

Super Active Member
Figured I'll start posting over here for my status updates. 30 days from the 12/12 flip, about 2 weeks worth of bud growth after insane stretching. Girls were average 24" before the flip now some of the buds have topped 7'. Should have done some training other than the minimal lst but I was unprepared.

Started from seed 10/15 with veg done in ebb and flow table then moved to 2gal flo and gro.

Attachments

sandman83

Super Active Member
Stretchiest girl appears to be showing calcium deficiency? Been awhile if anyone wants to chime in. 55 gallon tank got dumped and refilled with the following per gallon

2.5ml armor si
8ml/16ml micro/bloom
5ml koolbloom
10ml floralicious
5ml calmag

Considering dropping all the additives and just going back to base lucas formula, but the biggest buds are still healthy and green. Will get some fresh pics tomorrow once lights go out again. Not all the buds are showing this on the plant, but it probably needs addressing before the other girls start showing it. Pics are of the same bud just with and without flash.

Attachments

Last edited:

sandman83

Super Active Member
PPM way too high in the tank and facing calcium deciency/lockout. Dumped and replaced with 3 part gh at mid-bloom levels with calimagic and nothing else. Girls still alive just 2 got some crispy leaves and yellowing now.

Lost a few more fan leaves down low than I would prefer.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Strongest girl still looking solid, haven't figured out this flash thing yet. Leaves look a tad more yellow in the photo than they do to my naked eye but I could be wrong. 3 separate bud shots from the best girl, nutes have been adjusted down per @curious2garden recommendations. Spotting and yellow on the fan leaves left on the crispy girl, still some healthy green growth spread around so I'm hoping they will make it.

2019-12-30 07.38.45.jpg2019-12-30 07.38.22.jpg2019-12-30 07.38.55.jpg

curious2garden

Really Active Member
Strongest girl still looking solid, haven't figured out this flash thing yet. Leaves look a tad more yellow in the photo than they do to my naked eye but I could be wrong. 3 separate bud shots from the best girl, nutes have been adjusted down per @curious2garden recommendations. Spotting and yellow on the fan leaves left on the crispy girl, still some healthy green growth spread around so I'm hoping they will make it.

View attachment 38890View attachment 38891View attachment 38892
Going conservative will get you to the finish line. Then you can branch out again changing one thing at a time so you know what caused things to go sideways :D They don't look near as bad as some of my mistakes.

beefterpene

Thank you for sharing. You'll get her dialed and she will deliver even better. Looking very nice aside from the crunchy. I try to give the least amount possible aside from a very biodynamic soil. Seems to let ladies really produce.

I used to get elbows overnighted from Oregon and Blueberry Cheesecake was one that made the rounds. Would love to fine a place to procure beans. I have some Blackcherry Cheesecake x Trop F2 but it's not the Blueberry Cheesecske lol.

Thanks

sandman83

Super Active Member
not sure if its the same strain, these were from attitude femaleseeds.nl

Room smells sweet and berryish, not much funk or cheese odors yet.

sandman83

Super Active Member
ok gimme hell, here's the burned up girl with a few multiple bud shots. It doesn't affect the whole plant luckily this is just the worst cola.

BC1 12-31 alternate.jpgBC1 12-31 crispy.jpg

The damage appears to have stopped spreading and buds were heavier I had to put a few more yoyos out. Here's the nicer buds in the same system/same nutes.

BC5 12-31 (2).jpg

sandman83

Super Active Member
Into week 6 of flower now, leaves still crispy and yellow but I know the damage won't magically heal. Some of the leaves are starting to turn purple/black and hoping buds will start swelling again soon.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Bit disappointed with myself on this run tbh, had sworn I'd be careful with overferting and did it anyways now I'm stuck watching them slowly crisp up and depressed. I'll shrug it off just wanted to vent for a sec. My biggest fear is ending up with a ton of useless weed again...

Notes from my nute choices....

Silica - I added this due to the fact I run in a "high heat" environment and thought it added plant defenses, was super worried about spider mites etc. Will probably drop it from now on.

Koolbloom - swear I remembered using this during the last few weeks of bloom but I must be wrong. Looks to be the source of my major burning since I went up to full blast and it took my ppm from a still somewhat high 1200 to 1400+, will drop

Sweetener - Terps were kinda lacking in the room.... smell great up close but not so much "funk", will drop

Lucas vs 3 part..... I was being lazy, i wanted to switch to dry ferts and from my reading I thought lucas formula would be the closest to simulate what I wanted to switch to. I incorrectly assumed with the larger tank i could get away with just add backs and top offs while maintaining PPM. While I did drain 50% of the tank a few times I didn't ever pump it out fully til I saw the first signs of lockout/calcium issues.

Starting to question how expensive it is to test your water and actually find out the concentration of minerals...... would be easier than just dumping and adjusting randomly but I bet it is priced out of my "homegrower" range.

Here's a few messy shots from this morning....

Attachments

sandman83

Super Active Member
Not sure if I gave the strain a true chance or not. I had 2 other strains slated for this room TBH, part of the reason they got so large was waiting for hydroton to transplant the others.....which I sadly ended up culling anyways due to lack of light and too many plants. Who would've thought 2kw HPS wouldn't be enough.... this guy... you can see the ghetto led along the bar I used to supplement BC-5. She was just too thick and juicy to not put some direct light on.

I think I've decided Dynoberry Bites will be the next seeds started, will try to resist the urge to touch anything else for a month though.

Learned my lesson again, only run a single strain in the hydro setups... don't try to mix and match it doesn't work out as well like soil.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Different plant, same system. BC-4 showing very little of the damage any of the others got she's just trucking right along and frosting up. Wish her buds were a bit heavier but........ wish in one hand and you know the rest.

Day 40, home stretch now...pumping out the tank tonight and refilling with 'late bloom' gh 3 part recipe to 800 ppm.

Attachments

Stoned Cold Bulldog

first i hope u find out the issues. i suggest you keep notes to maintain more safety in your runs. i noticed you said you had a bunch of useless weed before.
how did that happen exactly ? my first thoughts is to say fuck hydro the way your doing and just switch to some simple hempy buckets. or simpler still coco.
better to have smoke-able bud and less stress than ...

i've stayed away from hydro in the regular ways because i like to keep stuff in control and simple as fuk too. i don't want to worry if it's all going to go to shit based on a screw up or whatever. no need for me to risk it. so i stay in my lane and save water $$ i don't have anyway lol.

sandman83

Super Active Member
first i hope u find out the issues. i suggest you keep notes to maintain more safety in your runs. i noticed you said you had a bunch of useless weed before.
how did that happen exactly ?
I ran lowryder #2, auto's were a new thing. No issues with the grow, just tons of leafy, grassy bud since I harvested too soon and didn't stop the ferts at all.

Another time I didn't maintain clean environment, got spider mites, tried to salvage, spread to flower, ended up with tons of horrid neem scented spiderwebbed buds....swore never again would I let it get that bad.

Trying again now, was on the preventative sprays for mites, rooms were clean and new, *had* kept the ferts low until I hit bloom and went nuts with the additives. Also, no longer running any 'auto' strains, strictly photo period so i can control when to flip and clone them. IIRC my better runs previously were nirvana kaya gold, in my paranoia I destroyed all pictures and evidence years ago.

Soil seems just as risky, with little to do if you burn them. I have some mystery plants going in FFOF/FFSF but they are literally half the size of the hydro room and much slower growth. They were only started days apart seed-wise.

I maintain hope something will be decently smokeable out of the room..... if not I guess bubblegum is waiting to take the room over so I'll try try again.