Female Seeds Blueberry Cheesecake

sandman83

Super Active Member
Well as much as I want to start some useful seeds or esos.... Stoned Cold Bulldog makes a fine point about sticking with one genetic until I have the room dialed in better. I have bubblegum started as mothers but I also have some more of these blueberry cheesecake seeds and might have to give them another run in 2020.

sandman83

Super Active Member
One girl crisping up and fading fast.... she will probably have to get the chop first while I try to let the rest finish up....

BC-2 bushy sativa pheno
2020-01-08 07.34.43.jpg

BC-1 First one to show calcium deficiency but seems to have recovered better
2020-01-08 07.33.50.jpg

BC-5 Thickest girl will need awhile to ripen
2020-01-08 07.35.19.jpg

Still plenty of white pistils on all the buds so just trying to hold the line and keep em alive.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Great journal of your grow,
life happens
And how you dealt with it and grow with it your getting great results.
I think your right on going back to
Nutrients bases. Simplicity. It’s confronting knowing all your previous steps of success have built your current success grow experience now.
I think your going to enjoy some killer
Dank goodness 🥰🌱🧀😊 thanks for sharing your grow

smokieokie

Insanely Active Member
I dont have any first hand experience in hydro so no help from me there lol. I think you are on the right track to get back to the k.i.s.s. method. Like others suggested, take notes and make small adjustments one at a time.
As far as a water test goes, check lowes or home depot. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Mosser-Lee-H2O-OK-Plus-Complete-Water-Test-Kit/50352998?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-rpe-_-bing-_-lia-_-207-_-watertreatment-_-50352998-_-0&kpid&store_code=2280&placeholder=null&msclkid=0ecf8e08a77c1d0984dad013fd2402ac&gclid=CITo6oHO_uYCFYGUxQIdBlwKsA&gclsrc=ds
And congrats on the baby news👍

sandman83

Super Active Member
Will clip a piece of bud and get some trich shots with the usb microscope this evening when the lights flip back on.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Day 57 done and they are into the night cycle. Looks like I started pulling the nutes back a little too hard as the girls are consuming themselves to finish up.

Clipped a decent size nug near the middle of a cola from BC5 to check for ripeness and ensure there wasn't any bud rot from the yellowed dying leaves. Still pretty new at this so I'm gonna give em a few more days while I wait for the sample to dry. Others have so little fan leaves left I'm not sure if they will get any farther done.

Bc5 1-20 tester.jpgBC5 1-20.jpgBC5 1-20 (2).jpg2020-01-19 20.21.48.jpg

curious2garden

Really Active Member
@curious2garden whatcha think? Another week or so?

Not sure if these crispier ones will get any riper?

View attachment 43470

This girl appears to be able to hold out another week or 2.
View attachment 43471

View attachment 43472
I'd cut a test nug, take a look at the trichomes under a scope, quick dry and smoke it and see what you think of the high profile. You still have functional leaves so more maturation can occur. Let me know what you find out and congrats on getting her to the end. She was troublesome and you did it, good job!

sandman83

Super Active Member
I'd cut a test nug, take a look at the trichomes under a scope, quick dry and smoke it and see what you think of the high profile. You still have functional leaves so more maturation can occur. Let me know what you find out and congrats on getting her to the end. She was troublesome and you did it, good job!
Oh I did, those were a bit higher up, heres another shot of the test nug under scope... looks kinda clear to me so I'm gonna enjoy this nug when it is ready and give the rest another week.

Attachments

curious2garden

Really Active Member
I see a smattering of amber. Depending on how sativa leaning it is you may go straight from clear to amber. So definitely try a test smoke. Be prepared for an awful smoke you're only judging the high's profile.

I found judging by swell, date and trichome I could still be way off so now I test smoke a nug or two to make sure unless I know that particular plant. I also don't do that on my seeded tables because on those it's just seed ripeness. I don't care about the smoke quality from that table only it's progeny. Good luck, looking forward to hearing back about your test smoke.

(don't you love having to smoke pot for science 😁)

sandman83

Super Active Member
I would split the main stem and give it 4 days or a bit more. I stress the shit out of my plants. Just me though.
I had seen that technique but never personally tried it, I changed the nutes out for the last time this morning so I'll give these girls the last week before I cut the first down. The ones that are taking longer I could drill a hole through the stem to "split" them and encourage them to finish, I'd prefer to take the whole room at once so I can start cleaning.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Finally sampled and other than the harshness....I'm definitely baked .... Girls have had a few more days since I clipped that nug, top colas are looking very crispy on BC-5 so I turned off the supplemental lights. Will try to clip another sample this evening....

BC1-3 are all very crispy all the way up to the cola sugar leaves, will update some pictures. They have orange hairs but not receding and it doesn't look like the calyx's have swollen to me. 70/30 sat/ind blend so they might just need to go longer I suppose. BC-4 looking very frosty and green probably 2 weeks out. Unfortunate as I wanted to clear the room all at once and reset the hydro system/clean it. This means leaving it running for a bit longer but I'd rather get more trichs than less...