Favorite Weed From The Past

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had so many seeds from bags back in the 70s and 80s would give anything to have held on to them.
Sometimes we would dump a whole oz on a tray and sort the seeds and stems and throw them in the
trash. No telling what got trashed.
The weed I mentioned before in this thread was someof the first we had that was NOT full of seeds. I think we found a dozen in a QP, and made a very poor attempt at growing them out in the woods

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
The weed I mentioned before in this thread was someof the first we had that was NOT full of seeds. I think we found a dozen in a QP, and made a very poor attempt at growing them out in the woods
In the 70's, we dug a 3ft hole, 3ft deep, tossed a 16oz tupperware glass full of lime and a glass full of triple 12 fertilizer in the bottom. Added sawdust mixed with the native soil and grew small trees.
Who ever heard of "organic" back then. lol

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
In the 70's, we dug a 3ft hole, 3ft deep, tossed a 16oz tupperware glass full of lime and a glass full of triple 12 fertilizer in the bottom. Added sawdust mixed with the native soil and grew small trees.
What a great time that must have been to be a part of . I missed it by a decade but still had a blast in the 80s . Free spirited living with the great outdoors . Now we are all WI Fi connected modern hippies lol. Half way to realising The Matrix 🤔

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Last fall I made it back to one of my favorite spots in the woods from yesteryear and low and behold someone else had strung pvc up the tiny creek and was taking advantage of the soft digging, I had hauled cow poop to fill into the holes up that hill for years, used peters 20/20/20 as well, been 20+ years since I'd been back, brought back some memories..

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
Just picked up an ounce of the elusive...Appalachian Skunk...here locally...I have a run of Sour D and of OG18 sitting here and the skunk overpowers both...it makes my girl sick to smell it...I love it...getting a lb of it next...hoping for a few seeds out of that...it is grown outdoors here in the Valley of Virginia. Very tightly held.
One of my favorite old School strains!

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Acupulco Gold or Colombian Gold.

It’d be nice to see it grown today, with a proper cure and not all squished into a brick.

If anyone has any tips on where to buy these, preferably “landrace”, let me know. I got some Christmas money but I g a hole in my pocket.
Same here man, when I moved to Oregon in 75 we were picking up oz for $35. Tried growing it outdoors, just didn't have enough time to finish.
Didn't know shit for indoor growing back them. What a great high they were even with all of the seeds.
1979 hooked up with an old hippie getting bales of untied Thai out of SF Bay. Had access to that for about 10 years, made me forget about wanting the others. Don't remember many seeds from it, stinkiest stuff next to skunk that I've ever experienced. Wish that was around as well...damn makes me feel old.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Same here man, when I moved to Oregon in 75 we were picking up oz for $35. Tried growing it outdoors, just didn't have enough time to finish.
Didn't know shit for indoor growing back them. What a great high they were even with all of the seeds.
1979 hooked up with an old hippie getting bales of untied Thai out of SF Bay. Had access to that for about 10 years, made me forget about wanting the others. Don't remember many seeds from it, stinkiest stuff next to skunk that I've ever experienced. Wish that was around as well...damn makes me feel old.
There’s a lot of old fuckers around here, including me!

NorthnNuggs

Super Active Member
Monkey Paw if you could get it (Fall of 77,78,79). Hawaiian that came in those blueish green Macadamia nut cans. You could only get it in December or January (77,78,79). Red Bud was pretty stellar too. Paraquat Mexican weed was scary but good as Shit. But the best was: when you would go to a concert and the scammers there had the tin foil weed. Tin foil weed????? yeah tin foil weed. These scammers would flip there lawnmowers over and chunk off the old grass and wrap it in tin foil. They would flash it open for a second and push you into buying it and they would run off into crowd before you noticed it was real grass. Yeah lawn grass. Drag. Because if you grew up in the 70's it would always be dry after December not 100% dry but harder to get. And the one and only Killer stone, munchie heaven and floating on cloud 9 was good old Columbian Gold. Straight up Kick Axe!!!!

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
user43481_pic140063_1250057666.jpg

Although probably long gone but found CSIs (An heirloom cut of Big Sur Holyweed from the Santa Cruz area hybridized with the infamous) BSHWxGSC, Durban Poison, Skittlez, UK Cheese, Trainwreck, Bubblegum and Triangle Kush.

20210324_220540.jpg

Last edited:

RobertFripp

Smoked alot of good weed back in the 70s. especially the early 70s For good, or bad, my older sisters boyfriend started turning me onto weed when I was 8 years old in 1966. He was 14. I didnt smoke alot/often but by the time I was 12 it was on.

I remember in 1970 smoking some killer Panama Red, and it ddnt have hardly any seeds, and would completely blow your head off. $20 an ounce.
In 71 my buddies brother came back from Vietnam, and brought a foot locker full of Cambodian Black weed, and an lb of pure opium. It was super trip weed, and tthe high lasted for hours, and hours. 1 small joint would blast 5 people for 5 hours. By this time, I was also smoking weed everyday. I also did my first LSD in 70, and also got ahold of some STP, and was fucked up for 3 days at a folk festival I went to with my sister, and her same boyfriend. They had both started college then, and helped organize the festival through the college.. It was a a place called Carter Caves, in Carter County Kentucky. It was about 35-40 miles from the small city of Ashland where I live. It was the first year, and was called the Mountain Heritage Folk festival, and was headlined by JP Fraley. He won the National fiddle contest about 5-6 years in a row. My buddies little brother who was 8 years old played Banjo with him. Hes now one of the most sought after Pedal Steel players in Nashvile. His name is Timmy Sergent. He now plays with DIERKS BENTLEY.
I also was usually hanging out with older people in the 18-24 range. I lived next door to the big park in our town, and thats where all the hippies hung out, and I also met alot of people through my sisters boyfriend, and his younger brothers. Everyone hung out at the park He also had an older brother 3 years older than him.
Timmy also played with all kinds of other people. Ricky Skaggs, Mel Tillis, Pam Tillis, Larry Brown, Clay Walker and a high-profile run with the Dixie Chicks.

But the fest lasted 3 days, and I was on the loose. There was 30,000 people there, and only about 10 cops. At its biggest it drew 50,000 people in 1973, and only about 10-15 cops. I did the STP in 71, and never saw it again.. I and my friends mainly stayed in the caves tripping our brains out. STP is more like super potent meth, with a more psychedelic affect, and lasted forever.
I first smoked the Cambodian the winter of 71 at a local concert. One of my buddies stole an oz off of his brother, and we got smashed. He also later stole about an ounce of the opium, and we ended up puking our brains out, and itching like crazy for hours. His brother ended up giving him a 1/4lb of the weed. My buddy was 16. We smoked that stuff for weeks and weeks. We also got busted on the Ohio River bank in 71 for weed. Along with my sisters boyfriends little brother, who was 2 years older than me. They took us to the station, and Moe was the one in possession of the weed, but all they did to us was call out parents, and a week later made us get a good talking to from the juvenile judge, who was a drunk. He gave us a speech about weed being laced with opium to get you hooked. The weed he got caught with was some killer Mexican. Michoachan. It was really colorful. They also called it Mexican Multicolor because of all the colors. It had a good deal of seeds, but was as fresh as a daisy. It was $20 an oz. $5 for a 1/4oz. The op that busted us thought I was a girl because I had really long hair. He made a comment that the girl in the back seat was higher than a Georgia Pine. My uncle who was an attorney cme and got me at the station, and he askd the detective if he was going to ask where the weed came from, and he said no, he didnt do that. Now thats all they do, is try to get you to rat.

In 72 one of my sisters boyfriends friends brother worked for a barge company in Key West, and they made regular trips to Columbia almost every month, and he would sometimes bring back 50lbs of weed. He brought back the first totally seedless weed Id ever seen. It was from Santa Marta. weed at the time then was retail $20 an oz, and $40 for a 1/4lb, and $140 an lb. It was electric green, with hints of gold, and red in it. It smelled like flowers, and honeysuckle, and would choke you to death. 3 hits and you were so paranoid you didnt want to go into a store, or talk to anyone who didnt get high because you knew, they knew you were stoned. Stuff back then also made my eyes alot more red than the get today. It also had a bery heavy crash to it, which was alo typical to good weed back then. Also all of the best weed would choke the crap out of you. we called it expando weed.
In 73 there was also a huge supply of Acapulco Gold. It was gold, very fresh, and had a sweet, peppery smell, and loaded with seeds. And would also choke you.
In 73 I got ahold of some really good Oaxacan. Its the only weed that ever gave me auditory hallucinations. It was also very fresh, and loaded with seeds, and $20 an oz. I never really saw bad weed until 1974. Stuff would make you paranid as hell, and had a super heavy crash. It would jack you up for 3-4 hours, and youd raid the refrigerator, and eat till you were sick. Go to sleep, and wake up, and youd still be wasted.

We allso saw Thai Sticks starting in 73, and saw them on, and off until around 78, and then they were gone. Hawiaan too. It was $100 an oz, when everything else was $40 an oz. It was seedless. Still no better than the best mexicans.
The Green Santa Marta was the best Columbian I ever ran across. It was as good as the Cambodian.
In the summer of 74, there was the big drought. No weed for 3 months, then any good weed that came around was Columbian. Pre 74 you didnt really see much Columbian, it was all high quality Mex, and Jamaican, some Panama Red, though I think I only saw the real deal stuff one time. It was available for about a month, never to be seen again.
In 74 low quality Mex was around after the big drought, and it was terrible. I attribute that to Nixon using Paraquat on the fields in Mexico, and I wouldnt smoke it. some of it smelled like diesel fuel, and some smelled like cat food. Both would sometimes catch on fire when smoked. I never took the first toke off of it. They named it diesel weed, and cat food. Nixon destroyed many of the great mexican genetics.

Also weed went up to $30 an oz, from $20. It was mostly really good Columbian Red, and Gold. Red was more prevalent in my neck of the woods. It had a peppery, cedar odor. Good stuff, but no better than the best Mexicans. Loaded with tiny little seeds. Mex seeds were bigger. From then on, weed did nothing but get more expensive. In 78 I bought a 1000w Halide, and started growing my own, because good weed wasnt always readily available like it was. 78 is when they came out with the first HID made for growing weed. Ive been growing ever since.
In 80 a buddy of mine, and I went to Atlanta and picked up an lb of some good Columbian for $450 an lb.My buddy took us to a house in downtown Atlanta, and when we went inside, it was nothing but stacked 50lb bales of weed. There must have been 1000lbs in there, or more. It was a huge house and every room was stacked with weed. I didnt see the upstairs though.
We also started getting Skunk Weed around 1978. The genetics came from Meigs County Ohio. Back then, it was known as the Humboldt County of the east. My buddy grew it from 78-84, and the cops busted him, and then it was gone. It was said to have Indian Kerala in it. It was a Sativa type plant.He lso had some killer Indica genetics from there, and they called it beach ball, because it grew into a round hedge. It was Red. Super choke.

In 1980 me and 2 friends went to see another buddy who was living in Ann Arbor Michigan. He ccame up wih some killer loose Thai. It was $200 an oz, no seeds, and better than the Columbian. It was very floral, and cat piss. It reeked. Reminded me of the anta Marta Green.
Then in the mid 80s I started ordering seeds from Nevils Seed bank, and Super Sativa Seed Club. It was really on then, and we ordered about 20 different strains.

RobertFripp

In 1989, I got ratted out by an ex girlfriend, and ended up doing 12 months felony conviction for 7 grams of weed. It was in 2 different baggies, so they got me for possession with intent to traffic within 1000 yard of a school. Even though Id live at that address all my life.
After I got out in 1990, a buddy gave me a cross on Haze/NL5 x Hashplant/Sk1. It was the best stuff Id seen since the Santa Marta Green, and is still to this day the best stuff Ive ever seen for indoors, and I have an original cut of Chem91skva. The Haze/NL5 x Nevils HP/Sk1 was considerably more powerful, tasted, and smelled better, and would pull your lungs out, and show them to you.
I had people get mad at me because theyd get sick, and claim I put PCP in the joint. Some people would be throwing up for several hours. And 1 budy lost his bowels on it It wasnt safe to try and drive on. If you tried to hold a hit, it would make you lose you vision for a few seconds, then youd be coughing your brains out, and snot coming out your nose and shit. Eyes watering. The thing about it, was it only took 6-7 weeks to flower. 7 weeks and it was dead ripe. Outside though, it wasnt done until the 1st week of November. It was also a Narrow Leaf cultivar. And every plant was as good as the next one. Almost no variation at all. It wasnt a huge producer though. About an LB under a 1000w HID.
I grew that until 1997,,,,,, and I gave a partner 500 clones to put on his 2000 acre farm, and he got busted, and ratted me out. FBI, and the local Drug Enforcement called Fade came with a 20 man swat team, and got more than 500 off of me, and all of the genetics. I did from early 1997-2001-57 months with the Feds. Got out, started up again at a buddies house. His exwife ratted us out in 2007, and he put it all on me, so I got sent back almost 36 more months, almost 8 years total, and have been out ever since. I pled guilty to a 10-Life Mandatory Minimum. I did about 7 years incarcerated, and another 6 on Supervised release.

Ive spent over $15,000 on seeds since I got out trying to find something as good as the Hz/NL5 x HP/Sk1, but no dice. Not even the Chem91skva cut.

I do have 4 packs of AKBeanBrains early 90s Haze/NL5 from Sensi seeds, and Authentic Genetics 80s Sk1. Now Im waiting on Bob Hemphills release of the Puck HP BC2 to get the Hashplant genetics. The Puck/Skelly cut came from Nevils Seed Bank hashplant genetics in 1989. Hopefully Bob releases these. zMaybe Ill have a chance to reproduce those genetics.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
In 1989, I got ratted out by an ex girlfriend, and ended up doing 12 months felony conviction for 7 grams of weed. It was in 2 different baggies, so they got me for possession with intent to traffic within 1000 yard of a school. Even though Id live at that address all my life.
After I got out in 1990, a buddy gave me a cross on Haze/NL5 x Hashplant/Sk1. It was the best stuff Id seen since the Santa Marta Green, and is still to this day the best stuff Ive ever seen for indoors, and I have an original cut of Chem91skva. The Haze/NL5 x Nevils HP/Sk1 was considerably more powerful, tasted, and smelled better, and would pull your lungs out, and show them to you.
I had people get mad at me because theyd get sick, and claim I put PCP in the joint. Some people would be throwing up for several hours. And 1 budy lost his bowels on it It wasnt safe to try and drive on. If you tried to hold a hit, it would make you lose you vision for a few seconds, then youd be coughing your brains out, and snot coming out your nose and shit. Eyes watering. The thing about it, was it only took 6-7 weeks to flower. 7 weeks and it was dead ripe. Outside though, it wasnt done until the 1st week of November. It was also a Narrow Leaf cultivar. And every plant was as good as the next one. Almost no variation at all. It wasnt a huge producer though. About an LB under a 1000w HID.
I grew that until 1997,,,,,, and I gave a partner 500 clones to put on his 2000 acre farm, and he got busted, and ratted me out. FBI, and the local Drug Enforcement called Fade came with a 20 man swat team, and got more than 500 off of me, and all of the genetics. I did from early 1997-2001-57 months with the Feds. Got out, started up again at a buddies house. His exwife ratted us out in 2007, and he put it all on me, so I got sent back almost 36 more months, almost 8 years total, and have been out ever since. I pled guilty to a 10-Life Mandatory Minimum. I did about 7 years incarcerated, and another 6 on Supervised release.

Ive spent over $15,000 on seeds since I got out trying to find something as good as the Hz/NL5 x HP/Sk1, but no dice. Not even the Chem91skva cut.

I do have 4 packs of AKBeanBrains early 90s Haze/NL5 from Sensi seeds, and Authentic Genetics 80s Sk1. Now Im waiting on Bob Hemphills release of the Puck HP BC2 to get the Hashplant genetics. The Puck/Skelly cut came from Nevils Seed Bank hashplant genetics in 1989. Hopefully Bob releases these. zMaybe Ill have a chance to reproduce those genetics.
Woah?
Am I in the court of the Crimson King???