Favorite Weed From The Past

Lurrabq

Summer of '83 we got a fat stash of some true skunk - between junior and senior year. Smelled like a skunk chained to a pine tree and from the first hit you had that cool numb feeling in the face and then it enveloped your whole body. Really sticky stuff.
Same summer, went in on a trashbag of some 'Mexican sensemilla.' That shit was outrageously good! Had four very satisfied guys.

pharmfreshnc

Back in 1977 we smoked brick mexican and columbian dirt weed. Every now and then you got something
good. But I bought a sack from a friend in 77 that is still the best I have ever seen. It was a Panama Red
that they were calling redbud. It was the time or lack of quality maybe that made this weed so good,
but it was psychedelic. Really potent. Planted some seed in my grannies greenhouse and it got found
and destroyed. Really would like to have those seeds.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Same summer, went in on a trashbag of some 'Mexican sensemilla.' That shit was outrageously good! Had four very satisfied guys.
Back then and back there you bought bags. No one weighed anything until you got into the QP range. A quarter was a quarter bag - standard fold-n-close sandwich bag. A bag was about $100 - a lid. Full enough you had to work to close the bag. It was kind of cool because the prices were standard - $25/$50/$100 - it was the contents that were negotiable and mutually agreed upon between buyer and seller.

Three of us had a garage band, just good enough to get invited to parties and not embarass ourselves. We tried that skunk and immediately chipped in on a QP ($250 I think) - most we had ever bought. We took an ounce each kept the leftover in the garage :) We must have gotten better or something because we got invited to more parties :ROFLMAO: Great summer.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
In the early 70s, Panama Red, Hawaiian, Columbian gold or red, Thai sticks, were at the top of our lists. But you just never knew back then, I remember buying 2 one lb. bricks of some Mexican for 100 each, that is still to this day, the best i ever smoked. I actually had folks bringing it back because it was too strong to smoke.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Panama Red, Hawaiian, Columbian gold or red, Thai sticks, I would say were at the top of our lists. But you just never knew back then, I remember buying 2 one lb. bricks of some Mexican for 100 each, that is still to this day, the best i ever smoked. I actually had folks bringing it back because it was too strong to smoke.
I here you! lol
Would love to know compared to today. I smoked some great weed back in the day.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Silver Haze, NL5, Orange Bud -the clone only's sold in the shops in A-Dam. Silver Haze would make everything shimmer, and it reminded me of that scene in Half Baked where they smoke as kids and go into the convenience store. NL5 was psychadelic as they come too. Jack Herer was also up there. Orange Bud (a Skunk#1 pheno I believe) was not as psychadelic, but it was complete feel good, old school Rasta vibes.

Been eyeballing Nature Farm's/Uncle Fester's Skunk #18. He also has a 95' Silver Haze...