Favorite Weed From The Past

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Mexican red hair or a real super skunk. My niece had some skunk weed about 10 years ago. I swear man it smelled so fuked up and skunky. Not a seed in the bag but it was true skunk. You could smell.it burning a block down the street.
It's hard for people to grasp how strong the smell of Skunk was. You could drive out these back roads in the late 70's and the holler would smell like Skunk. You couldn't hide the smell. It would be on your clothes and you couldn't go in a store or anything. You'd always hear,"pppsssshhhhooo" you smell that? Smells like a skunk in here. lol
And that's the real reason, it's practically gone from the Skunk strains today.
I haven't grown a room of Skunk since about 2009 or so.
Now there would be an "auto-flowering" cross that would stick out if you can find a plant that holds those original traits.

Last edited:

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
My favorite weed from the past was whatever I could get my hands on. It usually was brown, full of seeds, and had a uplifting effect on my face, making me smile and laugh. There was never a reliable connection so it was always a special treat/moment no matter how brown or seedy it was. Getting a call from a friend or calling a friend to say you want to smoke was important to the enjoyment. Two people with smiles was better than just smiling alone.

Last edited:

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Back in 96-2000 I used to get some stuff that was really dank really piney with a whiff of skunk. Tasted really piney too. Was just some local stuff supposed family heirloom type deal. CornRow was what my buddy called it. But we were young and had little to no clue about variety other than what we heard from the old timers or was able to get from older cousins and what not. Luckily I had a few cousins that could actually get “real strains” from but were usually to pricey for my lunch money so I usually just matched a bowl of my finest brick weed or when we could get it, “CornRow”. Now I don’t know if that was its strain name or not but it was the best thing I’d tried aside from a few puffs of this n that from some old timers or my cousins. I always had a theory that my buddy called it “CornRow” because of were his pops planted it. But I’m not certain. He said that’s what his dads jars said on a piece of duct tape. Those were the times…smh those were the times 😂

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Back in 96-2000 I used to get some stuff that was really dank really piney with a whiff of skunk. Tasted really piney too. Was just some local stuff supposed family heirloom type deal. CornRow was what my buddy called it. But we were young and had little to no clue about variety other than what we heard from the old timers or was able to get from older cousins and what not. Luckily I had a few cousins that could actually get “real strains” from but were usually to pricey for my lunch money so I usually just matched a bowl of my finest brick weed or when we could get it, “CornRow”. Now I don’t know if that was its strain name or not but it was the best thing I’d tried aside from a few puffs of this n that from some old timers or my cousins. I always had a theory that my buddy called it “CornRow” because of were his pops planted it. But I’m not certain. He said that’s what his dads jars said on a piece of duct tape. Those were the times…smh those were the times 😂
The pine from the late 70's smelled like they hung it in pine trees it was so "piney" smelling. I was lucky where I lived to have access to these strains. Rumor was the bikers brought a lot of it in to give to the farmers to grow. We were on the 38th parallel and the glacier runoff soil played a big part in the quality of the weed.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Right 😂 someone else is selling a clone of chimera or some shit for 10000! Yes 10k wtf
Now that seeds legal to sell, by this time next year, you'll be lucky to get 2 bucks out of a "fem' seed. 20.00 packs all day long.
You might have one last shot at getting the "quality bred" seed,
Could cost you 50 bucks per seed. People will pay it too.
It's almost over for, it's beyond fixing I think. Too much "hermi virus" has spread through the years from growers using them and not understanding the consequences.
Hate to say it, but we need a weed "reset".

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Now that seeds legal to sell, by this time next year, you'll be lucky to get 2 bucks out of a "fem' seed. 20.00 packs all day long.
You might have one last shot at getting the "quality bred" seed,
Could cost you 50 bucks per seed. People will pay it too.
It's almost over for, it's beyond fixing I think. Too much "hermi virus" has spread through the years from growers using them and not understanding the consequences.
Hate to say it, but we need a weed "reset".
I agree