End prohibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
90% of the population will be happy to pick up their pack of Marlboro-dank with their Big Gulp coffee on the way to work, for the ease of not having to grow it and always having it available.

Streetpro09

Tester
90% of the population will be happy to pick up their pack of Marlboro-dank with their Big Gulp coffee on the way to work, for the ease of not having to grow it and always having it available.
Definitely a society of convenience over quality.... for the majority, like you said, "90%". Doubtful it'll change anytime soon.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Damn I'm high - check this out

People fighting over this regulation or that are the ones trying to get rich off the plant in one way or another.

They are the ones that are already doing victory laps over 'legalization' and giving the government the right to slap hundreds of fees and taxes on produce. They let them kind of treat it like medicine - just enough to get the hippies on a gubmint list with a med card - so they could stay out of jail. But what other medicine does the gubmint tax at the "for profit" level right out in the open? "Oh, it's just herbal medicine. You can get a "doctor" to prescribe it for $$$ - just say anxiety or something"

There are 2 endgames at play.
1. De-schedule/Decriminalization. It's tobacco. They get to tax and age restrict it, control where you can smoke - and the profit margin is in the range of tobacco per pound. No clue what that is, but it ain't weed...

2. Reducing it to schedule II so it can be controlled by big pharma - all home grow is forbidden, all commercial production controlled and processed by the gubmint to be distilled into pills that big pharma can prescribe like codeine.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
That is the part the hippies don't get. We need big ag - actually big tobacco - to fight for federal decrim. We need for there to be cigarette-like regs on cannabis - and that's all. from taxes to inspections etc.

There is no way craft cannabis can supply the legal market. In legal states now, what percent of the population can't partake of a 'legal' plant because they work a federal job, or one with national or international regulations controlling employment (read as "piss test").

A rising tide rases all ships. There will always be a market for the home grown unless it is forbidden. That is the only fight worth fighting.
we need people to speak, about what is on there mind ,to the politico's and vote to back it up

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
we need people to speak, about what is on there mind ,to the politico's and vote to back it up
The problem is that the people in legal states that love to "advocate" are too busy fighting for their local BS now instead of a fighting for a national decrim. They whine about labeling requirements and get moist when a politician calls if 'cannabis' instead of 'marijuana' - :rolleyes: "It's a win!!!"

And on the other side the people in prohib states can face jail time or shut the fuck up.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
This is something that a lot of weed growers just don't get. The only people who really care about bag appeal and craft cannabis are other weed growers and a tiny subset of potheads who are just weed snobs. I used to trim my shit up so it looked like it came from a dispensary until my close friends to me I was just wasting good weed by trimming so much off. Now I don't give a shit about bud size uniformity or trimming them tight. I break the colas down so there's barely any bits of stem left to deal with and then just brush off the brittle leaves. If the leaves don't brush off easy then I hit them with the scissors.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Ganja tourism is already a thing cruise thru the apple gate sometime…
Sip some wine burn some goods
The price may go down some but it will always remain in the artisan category for connoisseur crowd
This is the last ditch effort from those who made a lot off the illegal and legal industry to stay relevant. I wish they would take Frenchy's name off of it since he really only had something to do with the beginning and now they are just becoming a big money grab.

D

Deleted member 2835

This is something that a lot of weed growers just don't get. The only people who really care about bag appeal and craft cannabis are other weed growers and a tiny subset of potheads who are just weed snobs. I used to trim my shit up so it looked like it came from a dispensary until my close friends to me I was just wasting good weed by trimming so much off. No I don't give a shit about bud size uniformity or trimming them tight. I break the colas down so there's barely any bits of stem left to deal with and then just brush off the brittle leaves. If the leaves don't brush off easy then I hit them with the scissors.
Do you use a silicone brush like the cannabrush to brush off the leaves?

Streetpro09

Tester
This is something that a lot of weed growers just don't get. The only people who really care about bag appeal and craft cannabis are other weed growers and a tiny subset of potheads who are just weed snobs. I used to trim my shit up so it looked like it came from a dispensary until my close friends to me I was just wasting good weed by trimming so much off. No I don't give a shit about bud size uniformity or trimming them tight. I break the colas down so there's barely any bits of stem left to deal with and then just brush off the brittle leaves. If the leaves don't brush off easy then I hit them with the scissors.
I'm about there myself. Trimming more off just makes more work for me cause then i gotta do something with that trim. Its not in me to just throw it on the compost pile.

I also used to think the leaves made the smoke more harsh but I'm thinking with those little sugar leaves, thats not the case.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'm about there myself. Trimming more off just makes more work for me cause then i gotta do something with that trim. Its not in me to just throw it on the compost pile.

I also used to think the leaves made the smoke more harsh but I'm thinking with those little sugar leaves, thats not the case.
The extra chlorophyl in the darker green leaves will make it harsher on the throat if you smoke it. But, if you vape the flower, you don't notice the difference at all. I save all my trim but usually end up throwing a ton in the compost pile because I have way more than enough flower as it is and would be infusing shit every week if I didn't toss it. I literally just tossed a paper grocery bag half full of trim in the compost pile this morning. It was in gallon ziplocks, and then those were vacuum packed in a huge bag, but it's been sitting that way for about 8 months so I tossed it.

D

Deleted member 2835

I have a trim machine now. So that isn't that much of a chore. I enjoy the dry sift hash I make with the trim. Or if it's really good trim I'll make it into BHO.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The problem is that the people in legal states that love to "advocate" are too busy fighting for their local BS now instead of a fighting for a national decrim. They whine about labeling requirements and get moist when a politician calls if 'cannabis' instead of 'marijuana' - :rolleyes: "It's a win!!!"

And on the other side the people in prohib states can face jail time or shut the fuck up.
how do u win with shut the fuck up, the devels lettuce crew is fast fallin out, of the voteing crowd, the people who drank the gov.kool-aid from the 1930's! yes a cretain few people in congress say they want to hear from the voters, but on the other hand, they will also tell u how many hundred million they took ( from the voters in such and such )in civil asset forfitures.

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
how do u win with shut the fuck up, the devels lettuce crew is fast fallin out, of the voteing crowd, the people who drank the gov.kool-aid from the 1930's!
The extra chlorophyl in the darker green leaves will make it harsher on the throat if you smoke it. But, if you vape the flower, you don't notice the difference at all. I save all my trim but usually end up throwing a ton in the compost pile because I have way more than enough flower as it is and would be infusing shit every week if I didn't toss it. I literally just tossed a paper grocery bag half full of trim in the compost pile this morning. It was in gallon ziplocks, and then those were vacuum packed in a huge bag, but it's been sitting that way for about 8 months so I tossed it.
pulled the same stunt myself about 2 years ago, then this year my biggest enabler, sprang for my rso still 1 gal. flask ,heater and cooling coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.