End prohibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
"Plant counts" actually keep a lot of folks OUT OF JAIL....not the other way around. You just have to abide by the law...or not. Your call.

Here in CO, the MED/REC laws changed the law so there IS a legal allowance. What they DIDN'T do is add on "a ton" of new laws. Anything over the allowable count 6 per individual/12 per residence) just bounces you into the same (criminal) place you would have been in had the laws never changed. Ditto with assets/etc. It just doesn't happen that much ere anymore unless yer a super big player...like a dispo gone awry.

Dunno how other counties do it...but my county is right wing and the voters have stripped funding so hard that there just isn't enough manpower to go out and look for pot plants. I can see quite a few plants at residences that are visible from the HIGHWAY.....which is a direct violation of the law...but nobody is getting popped and I know the Sheriff/Deputy's/etc drive the road daily. Why? Because it's a Code violation here...mainly because the Sheriff doesn't wanna deal with it. There's no money in it for them anymore either! LOL.

It used to be folks were high rollin' and had cash/assets/etc. ...now they just high.
@stiickygreen it has to be nice to live in such a place!

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
Make weed illegal again. Legalization was the worst thing that ever happened to this industry. It used to be a group of outlaws with a code of ethics. Now it's mostly a bunch of scumbags who all rip each other off. And paying taxes on weed to a government who lied about it, tried to eradicate it, and locked people up for it, is f****** disgusting and immoral.

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member

Joebud

Insanely Active Member

Joebud

Insanely Active Member

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Note the "medicaid expansion" part. This is where they fucked up. They aren't trying to keep people out of jail, they are trying to get the state welfare medical insurance to pay for free weed. Fuck that.

That is how you hand the plant over to big pharma with a pretty bow.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I think a pretty strong argument can be made that cannabis is the oldest plenty actively cultivated by humans and that it may be responsible for the rise of agriculture and settlement and the end of a more nomadic lifestyle.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think a pretty strong argument can be made that cannabis is the oldest plenty actively cultivated by humans and that it may be responsible for the rise of agriculture and settlement and the end of a more nomadic lifestyle.
There was an abundance of spices cultivated and traded on the silk road and then via the earliest ocean-going ships. Weed may have been one of them but I think some form of pepper steals the ribbon for oldest.

I mainly think this because a hunter-gatherer would be primarily concerned with food crops to make them settle down.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
There was an abundance of spices cultivated and traded on the silk road and then via the earliest ocean-going ships. Weed may have been one of them but I think some form of pepper steals the ribbon for oldest.
The silk road is between a thousand and two thousand years old, depending on who you ask. They've found cannabis seeds and hemp fiber materials in burial digs that date back well over ten thousand years, to the very dawn of civilization. I don't know- no one can say for certain- but the timing fits and the evidence is there. Even if it wasn't the exact actual first plant cultivated, it was for sure one of the earliest... It's just too useful and valuable to be left to stumble upon by chance.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just look at the screenshot - "HE GOES OFF!!!"

while one dude behind him is scrolling his phone, and the other is making notes on the speech where HE will "go off" about something else...

while no one listens to him either

Status
Not open for further replies.