End prohibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It might be fine if there was the rigorous testing required in legal states. But it is mainly sold in prohib states. And tesing would hurt that already basement level bottom line in the CBD/hemp market.
I’m not sure how accurate this is, but if this is accurate, then my prediction that the govt was going to go overboard to close the loopholes the hemp industry has been exploiting to sell this shit in gas stations. Listen to the new wording they use to distinguish seeds 🙄

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’m not sure how accurate this is, but if this is accurate, then my prediction that the govt was going to go overboard to close the loopholes the hemp industry has been exploiting to sell this shit in gas stations. Listen to the new wording they use to distinguish seeds 🙄
I personally am not worried about the wording of any law. You can be legally right all you want but it'll cost you 6 figures in lawyers fees to prove it. Either cannabis has been decriminalized or it hasn't.

My prediction stands. If the feds do anything it will be to reschedule cannabis in the same category as opioids like codiene so it can be controlled by their big pharma buddies. At which point EVERY piddly-ass state law will mean nothing vs federal prosecution.

With that cool "prescription" for cannabis you get, you will be required to get the Delta-8 quality "THC" pills produced by big pharma, and anything to do with the plant in the hands off the people will be criminal like brewing your own percocet.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I personally am not worried about the wording of any law. You can be legally right all you want but it'll cost you 6 figures in lawyers fees to prove it. Either cannabis has been decriminalized or it hasn't.

My prediction stands. If the feds do anything it will be to reschedule cannabis in the same category as opioids like codiene so it can be controlled by their big pharma buddies. At which point EVERY piddly-ass state law will mean nothing vs federal prosecution.

With that cool "prescription" for cannabis you get, you will be required to get the Delta-8 quality "THC" pills produced by big pharma, and anything to do with the plant in the hands off the people will be criminal like brewing your own percocet.
sad but most likely true ,and these people call themselves a public servant?

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Response from Wyoming Rep. Harriet Hageman

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and express your views on marijuana. Your input on this matter is greatly appreciated as it assists me in understanding what is on the minds of my constituents.

Since the enactment of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) in 1970, marijuana has been listed as a Schedule I controlled substance, meaning that it is strictly regulated by the federal government. Despite its longstanding listing, 23 states along with the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for recreational use while 38 states and the District of Columbia have done so for medical purposes. Wyoming is currently one of a few states without any marijuana reform laws.

As public debate about the legalization of marijuana continues, I continue to have concerns about the impacts of its legalization. For one, extensive studies continue to reveal its harmful neurological impacts, particularly on minors. According to a research report from the National Institute of Health (NIH), evidence supports claims that increased cannabis use is correlated to a heightened risk for earlier onset psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia, and can worsen these conditions for those who already exhibit symptoms. Furthermore, the use of cannabis has been linked to an increased frequency of depression and suicidal thoughts among certain groups, including teens and veterans. These psychological conditions, compounded by the use of marijuana, also escalate the potentialities for violence and subsequent crime among younger people. There are also several studies concluding that cannabis use can significantly impair cognitive functions including higher-level thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, memorization, etc. While these effects pose problems for everyone who uses marijuana, this has the most damaging impact on youth amid their development. Younger people who partake in cannabis are at risk of learning disorders, improper social development, reduced coordination, driving impairment, etc.

Behind alcohol and tobacco, marijuana remains the most used drug among Americans. These health effects are particularly troubling as the growth of the cannabis industry has attracted a far more significant number of youths in recent years. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, reported marijuana use among young adults in 2021 reached a new record of 43%, an increase of 34% from five years prior in 2016. Meanwhile, the American Addiction Centers reported that “according to the 2021 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 11.8 million young adults aged 18-25 reported using marijuana in the past year.” Additionally, approximately 5 million young adults between the ages of 18-25 and around 1.3 million adolescents between the ages of 12-17 had a diagnosed marijuana use disorder.

As the legalization movement expands, marijuana’s potency continues to increase, and millions of dollars are poured into lobbying efforts, the number of users increases in tandem. It is clear that the growth of this industry has caused serious harm to our children, which harms will likely be exacerbated as they age and develop.

However, despite all this condemnatory evidence towards the use of marijuana, the primary concern that I have with its legalization is its unpredictability. While alcohol can pose serious health risks on its own accord, there are procedures and metrics in place to determine what amount is too much, in addition to its ramifications on the body. Ultimately, marijuana, or tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabis’ primary psychoactive ingredient, lacks any sort of reliable metrics and data that could be used to measure its effects on the body. The most common example of this is the use of the breathalyzer test for alcohol in drivers. A version of this test simply does not exist for THC, and it could therefore become a major safety issue for individuals on the road as the level of intoxication cannot be measured. Not to mention, even if a makeshift system were to be developed, would states and territories even decide to apply it to their regulations? At this point, the legalization of marijuana and its consequences, aside from the previously identified health defects, would be highly unpredictable and could put many lives in jeopardy as a result.

I sincerely appreciate you for taking the time to write to me regarding issues that are important to both you and your family. Please continue to keep me updated on your views, concerns, and questions as it helps me better serve my constituents. To stay up to date with my work both in Washington D.C. and here in Wyoming, you can subscribe to my weekly newsletter where I outline important votes, committee hearings, town halls, and more. For the latest developments, make sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

It is my highest honor to serve as your lone Congressional Representative for the great state of Wyoming.

Sincerely,

Rep. Harriet Hageman
Member of Congress

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and express your views on marijuana. Your input on this matter is greatly appreciated as it assists me in understanding what is on the minds of my constituents.

Since the enactment of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) in 1970, marijuana has been listed as a Schedule I controlled substance, meaning that it is strictly regulated by the federal government. Despite its longstanding listing, 23 states along with the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for recreational use while 38 states and the District of Columbia have done so for medical purposes. Wyoming is currently one of a few states without any marijuana reform laws.

As public debate about the legalization of marijuana continues, I continue to have concerns about the impacts of its legalization. For one, extensive studies continue to reveal its harmful neurological impacts, particularly on minors. According to a research report from the National Institute of Health (NIH), evidence supports claims that increased cannabis use is correlated to a heightened risk for earlier onset psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia, and can worsen these conditions for those who already exhibit symptoms. Furthermore, the use of cannabis has been linked to an increased frequency of depression and suicidal thoughts among certain groups, including teens and veterans. These psychological conditions, compounded by the use of marijuana, also escalate the potentialities for violence and subsequent crime among younger people. There are also several studies concluding that cannabis use can significantly impair cognitive functions including higher-level thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, memorization, etc. While these effects pose problems for everyone who uses marijuana, this has the most damaging impact on youth amid their development. Younger people who partake in cannabis are at risk of learning disorders, improper social development, reduced coordination, driving impairment, etc.

Behind alcohol and tobacco, marijuana remains the most used drug among Americans. These health effects are particularly troubling as the growth of the cannabis industry has attracted a far more significant number of youths in recent years. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, reported marijuana use among young adults in 2021 reached a new record of 43%, an increase of 34% from five years prior in 2016. Meanwhile, the American Addiction Centers reported that “according to the 2021 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 11.8 million young adults aged 18-25 reported using marijuana in the past year.” Additionally, approximately 5 million young adults between the ages of 18-25 and around 1.3 million adolescents between the ages of 12-17 had a diagnosed marijuana use disorder.

As the legalization movement expands, marijuana’s potency continues to increase, and millions of dollars are poured into lobbying efforts, the number of users increases in tandem. It is clear that the growth of this industry has caused serious harm to our children, which harms will likely be exacerbated as they age and develop.

However, despite all this condemnatory evidence towards the use of marijuana, the primary concern that I have with its legalization is its unpredictability. While alcohol can pose serious health risks on its own accord, there are procedures and metrics in place to determine what amount is too much, in addition to its ramifications on the body. Ultimately, marijuana, or tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabis’ primary psychoactive ingredient, lacks any sort of reliable metrics and data that could be used to measure its effects on the body. The most common example of this is the use of the breathalyzer test for alcohol in drivers. A version of this test simply does not exist for THC, and it could therefore become a major safety issue for individuals on the road as the level of intoxication cannot be measured. Not to mention, even if a makeshift system were to be developed, would states and territories even decide to apply it to their regulations? At this point, the legalization of marijuana and its consequences, aside from the previously identified health defects, would be highly unpredictable and could put many lives in jeopardy as a result.

I sincerely appreciate you for taking the time to write to me regarding issues that are important to both you and your family. Please continue to keep me updated on your views, concerns, and questions as it helps me better serve my constituents. To stay up to date with my work both in Washington D.C. and here in Wyoming, you can subscribe to my weekly newsletter where I outline important votes, committee hearings, town halls, and more. For the latest developments, make sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

It is my highest honor to serve as your lone Congressional Representative for the great state of Wyoming.

Sincerely,

Rep. Harriet Hageman
Member of Congress
So much bro-science bullshit regurgitated for the sheeple.

All studies that have shown negative effects of cannabis were conducted BY the government to support the continued funding of their drug war. Any study that said otherwise was squashed.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

Sincerely,

Rep. Harriet Hageman
Member of Congress
Typical bullshit auto reply that was likely generated by a staff member for them. This is exactly why I don't bother writing members of congress. They have no desire to work for the people. They work for their party line and that is all they do.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Typical bullshit auto reply that was likely generated by a staff member for them. This is exactly why I don't bother writing members of congress. They have no desire to work for the people. They work for their party line and that is all they do.
just ask mitch mconnel, if he can rember the party line, he will grab the poadum and gavel ,can't turn loose of power!even if he can't rember why all the time ,and they say he has had no mini strokes and m=nothing wrong with his health ( bullchit!)every one of them thinks, to win one election, puts them in office for life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 60

"Behind alcohol and tobacco...." is all the slobber you need on yer dick. Same shit. They have no problem with a liquor store on every corner in every state...but don't let that mari-ja-wana be out there...folks might become impaired...

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical

Sincerely,

Rep. Harriet Hageman
Member of Congress
What a crock of bull.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Now, we're "free" to (not) grow a plant because of we did, we'd be creating competition for the "legal" market.
Many "legal" states have tons of new laws specifically designed to fine or imprison people growing a plant. Plant cou ts is the easiest to point out. No one talks about what the penalty is for having "too many" plants, or who is going around counting. It's a bullshit law they can add on as a charge in some other crime so maybe they can get some asset forfeiture - maybe get to shoot a dog or two.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Many "legal" states have tons of new laws specifically designed to fine or imprison people growing a plant. Plant cou ts is the easiest to point out. No one talks about what the penalty is for having "too many" plants, or who is going around counting. It's a bullshit law they can add on as a charge in some other crime so maybe they can get some asset forfeiture - maybe get to shoot a dog or two.
Authoritarianism in America!

D

Deleted member 60

"Plant counts" actually keep a lot of folks OUT OF JAIL....not the other way around. You just have to abide by the law...or not. Your call.

Here in CO, the MED/REC laws changed the law so there IS a legal allowance. What they DIDN'T do is add on "a ton" of new laws. Anything over the allowable count 6 per individual/12 per residence) just bounces you into the same (criminal) place you would have been in had the laws never changed. Ditto with assets/etc. It just doesn't happen that much ere anymore unless yer a super big player...like a dispo gone awry.

Dunno how other counties do it...but my county is right wing and the voters have stripped funding so hard that there just isn't enough manpower to go out and look for pot plants. I can see quite a few plants at residences that are visible from the HIGHWAY.....which is a direct violation of the law...but nobody is getting popped and I know the Sheriff/Deputy's/etc drive the road daily. Why? Because it's a Code violation here...mainly because the Sheriff doesn't wanna deal with it. There's no money in it for them anymore either! LOL.

It used to be folks were high rollin' and had cash/assets/etc. ...now they just high.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
What a crock of bull.
same crock just a different mouth ,another 40's child that drank the koolaid!sounds just like my mom.can't say anything about the gov.( DEA,FBI ,CIA,) they will come and get you! and parents could'nt understand spending every dime i had to buy a mobile home at 17, it was to get away from the belife, that the goverment/church is always right!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.