End prohibition

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2835

The GOP will legalize weed the moment they can take the profits from it

Former US Senator Cory Gardner (R-CO) said as much, advocating for legalizing cannabis during his unsuccessful run to keep his seat against Democrat John Hickenlooper, who is not pro pot.
Hey bud how about you keep the politics off of this site??

Joebud

Insanely Active Member

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Legalizing cannabis is inherently a political process. I'm making no judgements about who is better or worse, I'm quoting historical fact.
No, you didn't, you took a jab at the right and acted like the left isn't in it for the money, too. This is why I come down on political posts. Everyone thinks "their side" is "for the people" when neither of them are. If you guys want to post links to weed policy shit here, then fine, but once people start taking shit about the left or right, then it causes drama.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
No, you didn't, you took a jab at the right and acted like the left isn't in it for the money, too. This is why I come down on political posts. Everyone thinks "their side" is "for the people" when neither of them are. If you guys want to post links to weed policy shit here, then fine, but once people start taking shit about the left or right, then it causes drama.
Please go back and reread what I wrote; Republican US senator Cory Gardner was PRO POT but lost his re-election bid to Democrat John Hickenlooper, who was and remains anti pot. These are facts of history and policy, not opinions.

I carefully and deliberately made no judgements, nor did I gloat about either one. Frankly, I find them both extremely distasteful, albeit for different reasons.

Colorado's weed policy is moving forward with bipartisan support- but very much guided by the Big Pot lobby, which seems to drive out medical marijuana and home cultivation along with making it hard for small commercial operators to turn a profit in order to monopolize the market for themselves.

Again, this isn't partisan, it's the plain and simple truth of what's going on here.

If you're responding to the point of "the GOP will legalize it when they can make a profit from it" that's also a statement of policy made by several Republican campaigns.

The fact is that Colorado's medical cannabis amendment to the State Constitution was done by citizen initiative, over the objections of both houses. The Democrats simply capitalized (specific use; monetized) first.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Please go back and reread what I wrote; Republican US senator Cory Gardner was PRO POT but lost his re-election bid to Democrat John Hickenlooper, who was and remains anti pot. These are facts of history and policy, not opinions.

I carefully and deliberately made no judgements, nor did I gloat about either one. Frankly, I find them both extremely distasteful, albeit for different reasons.

Colorado's weed policy is moving forward with bipartisan support- but very much guided by the Big Pot lobby, which seems to drive out medical marijuana and home cultivation along with making it hard for small commercial operators to turn a profit in order to monopolize the market for themselves.

Again, this isn't partisan, it's the plain and simple truth of what's going on here.
I did read what you wrote. The problem was with your first sentence which I will quote below

The GOP will legalize weed the moment they can take the profits from it
If you guys don't know how to discuss shit, without taking shots, then I can just lock the thread.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I did read what you wrote. The problem was with your first sentence which I will quote below

If you guys don't know how to discuss shit, without taking shots, then I can just clock the thread.
I edited my above comment to address that. I took that from Republican policy statements. Not meant as a swipe.

In fact, Republicans nationwide are coming around on weed very quickly. Let us not forget John Boehner's involvement with a cannabis startup shortly after he left office.

More from Colorado Republicans on the issue;

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I edited my above comment to address that. I took that from Republican policy statements. Not meant as a swipe.

In fact, Republicans nationwide are coming around on weed very quickly. Let us not forget John Boehner's involvement with a cannabis startup shortly after he left office.

More from Colorado Republicans on the issue;

You don't get it...the left does the exact same thing. My point is that this forum has a "no politics" rule and I tried to let it slide with this thread, because it was just posts of policy stuff, but you don't seem to understand that.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
You don't get it...the left does the exact same thing. My point is that this forum has a "no politics" rule and I tried to let it slide with this thread, because it was just posts of policy stuff, but you don't seem to understand that.
Sorry. I thought I was adding to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.