DIY AUTOMATED CURE BUCKET

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
1 gamma lid
1_3 gallon or 1 - 5 gallon bucket
2 check valves
Air line
Air pump
Put on timer once a day and no more burping with lids.
Thought I would share it with you guys.
Most of the stuff I have laying around, except for the gamma lid. Lowe's carries them for around $7.50.
He also uses beveda 62% pack.

GrowRock

If any of you have a vacuum sealer, I go that route during the last bit of drying before cure. They make a fitting that just hooks to the top of a mason jar.
So do you vacuum seal right after drying and then don’t burp the jars. Sorry I shouldn’t have had that last bong rip

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My rH is low and my weed dries too quick most of the time.

I monitor weight, knowing that 20%-23% of the wet weight is the goal dry weight. My stuff left alone would end up crispy on the outside but still not dry in the center.

When it gets to about 25% I get it jarred and vacuumed, and burp it regularly. I'll even empty the jars to make sure nothing is sticking together at first.

GCG

Dinosaur
That thing is pretty cool and simple. Haven't ever grown enough to cure. Basically get it dry enough to smoke and go. Generally run out before my next harvest. Would say I smoke too much, about an ounce a week, but I'm thinking maybe I grow to little. My current run is my typical small plants, average 2oz per. Next run Im going to let them veg and see if I can cure some shit one time.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
This looks pretty cool. I may try to make a smaller scale version. I'll have to look for a couple smaller buckets (1-2 gallon?) that can fit around 4 ounces each. Anything smaller than that I won't even bother.
These are what I use…Gamma Vittles Vault 8lb
347825E0-76E6-4DF1-864C-B9574979CA82.jpeg
I haven’t seen them in stock anywhere lately, though, but their bigger “15lb” version is only around $18 and I have one made from that as well. Here’s the Amazon link for that version.

Gamma2 Vittles Vault Outback Airtight Pet Food Container, 15 Pounds https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A6UF4U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_0QDBPSC19MT1MDK7Y1PM

BREWTUS

Cheers
Looked high and low to no avail for a 2 and/or 3.5 gallon bucket without spending over $20 just for a bucket. Thought I had found a decent 2 gallon online with a gasket seal. I tinkered with it for a couple days only to find out that it seems only the gamma seals will work for something like this. Ultimately it turned out to be a waste of time and probably money...
Soooo, I just finished putting together this 3.5 gallon one WITH gamma lid. Works like a charm. Happy Halloween 🎃
20210504_161841.jpg20210504_161851.jpg20210504_161855.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@TreeFarmerCharlie
Bumping this ol' thread. I'm going to build me one of these buckets. Found the same 8lb bucket you're using. Question for ya. How long do you let it "off-gass" , what's your run cycle?
Guess it depends on how.much air your pump is pumping out..
Hindsight advice - put all the holes in the lid. You can drop one down the center so the hose doesn't tangle when unscrewing it, but once you put a hole in the bucket it ain't a bucket anymore :)

And don't worry about sealants or anything. You're pumping air through it - air tight ain't a big deal. But drill small and enlarge if needed.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
@TreeFarmerCharlie
Bumping this ol' thread. I'm going to build me one of these buckets. Found the same 8lb bucket you're using. Question for ya. How long do you let it "off-gass" , what's your run cycle?
Guess it depends on how.much air your pump is pumping out..
It depends on the air pump and bucket capacity but the goal is to have it basically replenish the air in the bucket completely. I just run my smaller buckets for 30 minutes a day. When run the larger container I up it to an hour a day.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Hindsight advice - put all the holes in the lid. You can drop one down the center so the hose doesn't tangle when unscrewing it, but once you put a hole in the bucket it ain't a bucket anymore :)

And don't worry about sealants or anything. You're pumping air through it - air tight ain't a big deal. But drill small and enlarge if needed.
I did this when I made these from 1/2 gallon jars and it’s a total pain in the ass to deal with. It’s honestly not worth the hassle and a bucket with a couple of small holes in it can still be used for other things if you don’t use it for curing anymore.

Kulla380

Really Active Member

It's a good advice but I ended up ordering a couple extra for dogfood storage. Personally I'm going to drill on the sides so I can stack them on top of each other.