DIY AUTOMATED CURE BUCKET

Kulla380

Really Active Member
It depends on the air pump and bucket capacity but the goal is to have it basically replenish the air in the bucket completely. I just run my smaller buckets for 30 minutes a day. When run the larger container I up it to an hour a day.
Yeah that's true. I think my spare air pump pumps out 1-2L/min so 30min sounds reasonable.
Do you use boveda packs? Wondering where to place them? Bottom,mid or top of the buds?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yeah that's true. I think my spare air pump pumps out 1-2L/min so 30min sounds reasonable.
Do you use boveda packs? Wondering where to place them? Bottom,mid or top of the buds?
30 minutes may be excessive. Maybe 15 or less, but a few times a day for starters. You don't necessarily want to flush them, but replace 5 gallons (or whatever bucket size) of air. And the Boveda packs - yes, and it doesn't matter where, but use them. Running all that air through they will help keep the environment close when it's stagnant.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I use the large Integra Boost packs and I usually put one on the bottom and one on the top. I honestly don’t know if using two makes a difference but my thought is that maybe it helps get the RH to normalize faster.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
To be honest I am back to burping jars. I found myself checking the stuff in the auto-contraption enough that it really wasn't worth the trouble.

A. It stinks up whatever room it is in (or you have shit weed) and
B. I love smelling how the terps progress as it cures.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Me too. Reason I need this is my work situation has changed and I have to go away for a couple days/week from time to time with out more then a day notice.
I would get a digital timer and play with it while you're still home. I have one that you can set for minutes, digital thing. And you could have it come on for 2-3 minutes every 6 hours or something (what I tried that seemed to work) instead of the 15-minute-pins on the regular timers.

Kulla380

Really Active Member
I would get a digital timer and play with it while you're still home. I have one that you can set for minutes, digital thing. And you could have it come on for 2-3 minutes every 6 hours or something (what I tried that seemed to work) instead of the 15-minute-pins on the regular timers.
Dude I bought a digital timer a year ago,, didn't realize you had to have a enginering degree, speak nonsense and have 8 year work experience at nasa to set that fucker up.. 😅

I'll look into it again..

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Hindsight advice - put all the holes in the lid. You can drop one down the center so the hose doesn't tangle when unscrewing it, but once you put a hole in the bucket it ain't a bucket anymore :)

And don't worry about sealants or anything. You're pumping air through it - air tight ain't a big deal. But drill small and enlarge if needed.
bucket saver machine screw ,two flat washers,two nuts, ,optional pipe tape makes mini seal

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I saw this thread pop back up. I never used my set-up again. I have time for whatever is required burping-wise, but I have a lot fewer issues curing since my dry area is proper and consistent.

If you can let your plants hang for at least 7 days but preferably 10-14 days at the 60-62%rH and temps in the low 60's or cooler the burping when you do jar it is not as imperative.

I guess my point is that I'd spent the time, money and effort into a creating a 'perfect' drying area.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
I saw this thread pop back up. I never used my set-up again. I have time for whatever is required burping-wise, but I have a lot fewer issues curing since my dry area is proper and consistent.

If you can let your plants hang for at least 7 days but preferably 10-14 days at the 60-62%rH and temps in the low 60's or cooler the burping when you do jar it is not as imperative.

I guess my point is that I'd spent the time, money and effort into a creating a 'perfect' drying area.
Kinda what I was thinking. Curing means nothing if your drying is not dialed in. But that’s just my opinion. Like you said the environmental variables play a major roll in drying. Once that’s dialed in environmentally curing in should be good with any method automated or not. So if you got time to do it manually then do it. If time is a issue then dial in your bucket.

Vee

Ancient Member

Oh buddy its not the speed but the relief I get from less wrist action ...lol