Dirt Track Fan Talk.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ
That's crazy shit. Motocross is fun as hell to watch. I'm not that good, but I still love dirt bikes.

That sucks. Shit was even more dangerous back then.
Sorry to hear about your grandpa there sure Wasn't much for driver safety in the early days many had a simple lap belt
Iโ€™m actually named after him. He was done racing at the time and was just driving for a friend and had a stroke and crashed head on to the wall. My uncle still has his helmet with the crack in it.

Iโ€™m actually named after him. He was done racing at the time and was just driving for a friend and had a stroke and crashed head on to the wall. My uncle still has his helmet with the crack in it.
I know like isn't the appropriate reaction, but I don't have much choice. Awesome you're name after him though. I've got all my grandfathers and my dad's medals from the Wars. I'm the first born male son. And so is the next generation with my boy.

At least he died doing what he loved. Still sucks though.

GrowsomethingBill

I know like isn't the appropriate reaction, but I don't have much choice. Awesome you're name after him though. I've got all my grandfathers and my dad's medals from the Wars. I'm the first born male son. And so is the next generation with my boy.

At least he died doing what he loved. Still sucks though.
You ainโ€™t got to explain the like button buddy๐Ÿ˜Ž I would hope people besides me understand the difference in liking a comment from liking the contextual meaning. And Iโ€™m no snowflake not much offends me really. My grandpa was stationed in Guam mostly during the Korean War.

You ainโ€™t got to explain the like button buddy๐Ÿ˜Ž I would hope people besides me understand the difference in liking a comment from liking the contextual meaning. And Iโ€™m no snowflake not much offends me really. My grandpa was stationed in Guam mostly during the Korean War.
My grandpa was in Korea too. I'm the lucky recipient of his metals.

He had Absolutely no filter, but we all loved him for it.

GrowsomethingBill

Went and checked out the cars at the mall today. My local track has been closed for a few years but is opening back up this year. Glad the new owners kept the mall car show tradition. Lots of familiar faces and some new racers alike. Glad itโ€™s coming back. Here are a few of my favoriteโ€™s.BD6B8C51-19EB-4273-A7BB-CF9DF714FC6E.jpegDAEBE878-5C74-4CA3-AE54-DAF95F8E4C6C.jpeg7516D2BD-73A4-47A5-9A2F-C4DCC6B51E1B.jpegFDD2B203-8437-400B-B294-19C3914A4C64.jpeg8B93500E-4740-40B1-B9B4-FFAACD583B28.jpeg305F37BE-FF30-4133-BBF6-3FC078805FAA.jpegD6C43B70-0BB9-48CC-9E6C-9C596E51F414.jpeg

GrowsomethingBill

First couple races I planned on going to this year were rained out. Hoping to be able to head up to Iowa in a week or so. Weather permitting. Hopefully I get my truck out of the shop by then. Fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž it is. In the mean time I was able to watch almost two weeks of the Bristol Dirt Nationals on XR+. I was really impressed with the competitiveness of the lower classes this year. They really raced hard! Hope to have some cool shit to share with yโ€™all in a few weeks.

GrowsomethingBill

Spent Saturday with the World of Outlaws NOS energy drink Sprint Cars at I55 Federated auto parts speedway. Hell of a race for as bad as the track was. My son was happy to meet Rico Abreu and Sheldon Haudenschild after the show. And we bumped into our pal Kenny Wallaceโ€ฆ(yes THAT Kenny Wallace!) but I didnโ€™t take any pics as we see him quite a bit throughout the year, but when I see him next Iโ€™ll make sure to grab a pic of us for the non believers ๐Ÿ˜‚!

GrowsomethingBill

Need those sprint cars at the Freedom factory

It's insane how fast those things are
Yes indeed, despite poor track conditions those guys ran a good race. Rico Abreu was the fastest car during qualifying with almost a 10 second lap with an average speed of 92 mph of all cars during qualifying. Not too shabby for a 1/4 mile dirt oval!

GrowsomethingBill

Was at my local track tonight. Glad itโ€™s back open. Thought Iโ€™d follow through with my wordโ€ฆ.Me and the NASCAR great Kenny Wallace! Pretty awesome heโ€™s old racing buddies with my uncle, his brother Michael Wallace and my uncle raced several races together back in the day when Kenny (Herm as he is known) was just a pit helper. 65771F4C-CB5C-4981-9BFC-26E893B74434.jpeg
Tell me Kenny donโ€™t look baked ๐Ÿ˜‚!

GrowsomethingBill

Hit the highway yesterday and headed for Fairbury IL, for the last night of the Illinois Speedweeks. ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ was glad to see my top guy get it done with $30,000 on the line. A lot of heart break early in the week, namely the first two tracks of the mini series for this week. Spun running second late in the race At SpoonRiver IL night 1. Didnโ€™t make the show due to bad qualifying and poor heat race positions night 2 at Lincoln IL. Night 3 in Farmer City things turned around starting 20th and finishing 4th. Night 4 the trend continued as he was top qualifier in his group, won the heat race and drew the pole position in the main even! Led all 60 laps and cashed in a big win. #32 Bobby Pierce!!! Proud to be a part of the Pierce Posse!๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ†๐ŸŽ14CF6047-0F30-4481-9999-4073041229F4.jpegB0D92BB8-C289-4612-839C-BBD5C6F6889A.jpegDDD32DA7-1D53-4CEB-9B22-2CE35519F23B.jpeg