Deep red strips.

I guess I need to post in the light build thread cause I added up a bunch of parts and by the time I got all the little shit to build a light I’m within a few bucks of buying a timber.
I came up the same way last time I needed a light and a timber hangs there now.
The new daisies they came out with are really catching my eye for the price/added lighting.
You guys have any opinions on the supplemental bar HLG has? Was thinking about picking one up for the tent. I was gonna diy something, but everything I've looked at usually comes within $20-30, and that's worth not having order from 3 different places and having to put it together.

They are well built IMO. I have 2. Only one is set up currently as I’m lazy/procrastinating crawling into the back to string up the other. I plan on running one on each side of my HLG 600.

I will also be honest though that I don’t quite know how to use them to their full potential yet and am just currently running them the whole time during lights on. Once both are set up I’ll likely leave them on for the 15 mins after lights out.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
The new daisies they came out with are really catching my eye for the price/added lighting.

They are well built IMO. I have 2. Only one is set up currently as I’m lazy/procrastinating crawling into the back to string up the other. I plan on running one on each side of my HLG 600.

I will also be honest though that I don’t quite know how to use them to their full potential yet and am just currently running them the whole time during lights on. Once both are set up I’ll likely leave them on for the 15 mins after lights out.
Id like to build a light just to say I did. Give it a few years, more and more light manufactures now. Prices are bound to get more competitive.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Id like to build a light just to say I did. Give it a few years, more and more light manufactures now. Prices are bound to get more competitive.
If you are interested in learning how to DIY build your own lights, I can recommend a guy on youtube named "growmau5"
. He gives an 8 or 9 part lesson on LED's. Different builds and more. He works for ChilLED. Very worth while.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Holy shit. 14.99 free shipping wtf
Haha! I hate that about eBay, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen an ad like this an been like “oh shit” I’m gettin that! and then it gives the options and you see it’s for a bulb only or a dimmer in this situation! Lol

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member

I might be wrong, but I don't think they should be used after lights out because of the blues. If you are gonna run far reds after lights out to put them to sleep you probably want some separate 730nm diodes like the QB 3 or the rapidled puck.

It would be cool if they could put the 730nm on a separate channel with a photo sensor to run for 15 min after lights out all on the same bar all automatic and shit.

TheOther

Embody help me find something between 40-70 volts @500ma up to 35 watts?
You mean a driver for 2 QB11 boards? Is that for series wiring or a buck transformer? It may be easier to find a driver for parallel wiring.
It looks like roughly $60 per 2x2 with strips and drivers to get a "5-0"supplemental light up and running
I'm looking at these Cutter strips, 560mm (2ft), they have a nice selection
(n)
Cutter Blue Strips
Cutter Red strips
Cutter UV/Red
Cutter Lime Green

Mouser power supplies, just X out the dimming option👇

Mouser Dimming Power Supply, assorted

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
You mean a driver for 2 QB11 boards? Is that for series wiring or a buck transformer? It may be easier to find a driver for parallel wiring.
It looks like roughly $60 per 2x2 with strips and drivers to get a "5-0"supplemental light up and running
(n)
Cutter Blue Strips
Cutter Red strips
Cutter UV/Red
Cutter Lime Green

Are there any discount codes for cutter?
Have you used an ldd-h? Its a dc-dc constant current step down led driver. I have a qb3, just one cause i fucked up.
In order for it to work on my 500mA 40-70v cc driver I woukd need like 4 more. I'm not doing that so i looked into stepping down one of my existing 240-1750ma mw driver down to accommodate one of the qb3

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
(n)
Cutter Blue Strips
Cutter Red strips
Cutter UV/Red
Cutter Lime Green

I see the UV red has UVA not the UVB that's often talked about. Also why would you need a separate red strip if there's a Red/UV? Is it cuz they each have different nm? Sorry if the answer is obvious, I'm still learning and putting the pieces together. Thanks for your insight.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I see the UV red has UVA not the UVB that's often talked about. Also why would you need a separate red strip if there's a Red/UV? Is it cuz they each have different nm? Sorry if the answer is obvious, I'm still learning and putting the pieces together. Thanks for your insight.
yes they are different wave lengths/ reds are around 660nm while the UV can vary from 365 to 390 or 400 nm. UVB leds are more expensive and not as vigorous.
I use florescence UV tubes as they are more powerful, the same as Phylex uses

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I believe he just means it is red and UV mixed. Cutter used to use 660nm reds haven't looked in awhile but probably in that range. He used UVA 400nm for UV a while back so that is probably what used, he is a large led supplier. He also has alot of fish tank customers beside the grow side.