Deep red strips.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Cutter probably has some, I don't know about 40" though. I picked up some cheaper ones off e3ay 16" long 24v that has 36-660s and 12-730s supposedly Samsung diodes, they're like knockoffs of the early sol-strips. Two in series would work on a 48v driver. 31 or 32 inches for the pair.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I guess one may just have to hook up and measure amperage to see if they are going to pull to much or not enough. I would like to get away with out a seperate PS but they may not play well IE too much current.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
From what i have read you just need to ensure the far red strips are the right percentage. And it is small 10 or 15% or something like that.

and run them on seperate drivers so you can mess around with the faster flowering put it to sleep effect.

I was reading an article that made me think about a different approach. Far red in veg. Run the veg lights for less time and keep them awake with 30 watts of far red.

I have seen it can work..

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
From what i have read you just need to ensure the far red strips are the right percentage. And it is small 10 or 15% or something like that.

and run them on seperate drivers so you can mess around with the faster flowering put it to sleep effect.

I was reading an article that made me think about a different approach. Far red in veg. Run the veg lights for less time and keep them awake with 30 watts of far red.

I have seen it can work..
Seperate driver would be the best way to go. And a controller that can ramp things up and down would be even better. FoSho.
Thanks guys. If you find a UV and Red combo that would work I wanna do a turpman special that would cover a 5x5 SOLID with one 600w kit and uv/red. And I mean SOLID coverage. I'm thinking the Red and UV wattage counts too in the watts per sq/ft calc. I am a complete novice with wiring and such but I ain't skurred. Well, I don't want my house to burn down but you get the point Lol. Will need some help.
Turp hit you up after work today.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I've been trying to figure out how I want to run mine and I need to rethink it. I had thought there was more IR in the mourning and evening but from what I've been reading IR is present all day at close to the same levels it's just the ratio of UV to IR is less in the mourning and afternoon because UV drops off when the sun is at those low angles and has to travel through more atmosphere. Why the IR doesn't drop off equally I don't understand. So maybe run the reds full cycle and get some UV t5s on a timer for an hour or two in the middle of lights on. Definitely gonna be a lot of trial and error for me. If any of you guys have this shit figured out please let me know! Lol