Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenGenes

I support cops. Standing with a bunch right now. I run training on Thursday’s. I didn’t wear a seatbelt on my way here and won’t on the way home 😝
I will have zero sympathy after you end up paralyzed from smashing your face into a windshield.
Hopefully you have insurance because society shouldn't have to pick up the tab.

GreenGenes

But you think we should be legally forced to wear seat belts?
Meh, not really.
I would wear one regardless because it's the smart thing to do.

The sad thing is that these idiots usually have a black & white mentality that doesn't serve them well.
I knew motorcycle riders who didn't wear a helmet because they said that if they ever got into a nasty wreck they'd be so torn up, they'd rather just be dead!
wow

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
I knew motorcycle riders who didn't wear a helmet because they said that if they ever got into a nasty wreck they'd be so torn up, they'd rather just be dead!
wow
The one thing they should be trying to protect is their head. You can get literally almost ripped apart and they can fix you. They can fix fractures, compound fractures, nerve damage, laserations, bruises, and just about anything else any more. BUT you rip your head open, you probably arent going to have much of a life left even if you do survive..

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Airbags are a supplemental safety feature designed to work with seat belts, not replace them. The seat belt will keep you in the vehicle during a crash, while the airbag cushions your head and upper body to minimize injury. To stay safe, buckle your seat belt every time you ride, even if your car has airbags

What happens if you get hit...airbag deploys and then that 2nd car smashes you. I drove back and forth to work for 20 years 90 miles a day. Anything can happen because stupid fucks text and drive. They should shoot them in the head and get a big magnet and drop their car into lake ontario but i am a moderate....

I once worked at a fire hydrant factory....i couldnt park anywhere need the place.

Socialized Natioalized healthcare is awesome but your system is so brutally screwed it could never work. There is no switch to flip to make everyone see how cheap it really is. Where would you even begin.

But if you have no paid healthcare and dont want to wear a seatbelt or a helmet...have at it. The only cost really is to you and your family if you are in an accident that is your fault? Otherwise insurance would pay all of the costs? I think that is how it works.

My friend lives in Ohio...she went out downtown to a seafood restaurant with her friend...parked her car and came out and where did it go.

It was smashed by another car into a shape that was not a car and moved 60 feet. The guy had no insurance and the car was worth 500 bucks.
It made me think...in most cases if you were say a quadrapelegic from that accident does insurance pick up the bill if it is the other persons fault and they have nothing?

It is probably different from state to state like here.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Airbags are a supplemental safety feature designed to work with seat belts, not replace them. The seat belt will keep you in the vehicle during a crash, while the airbag cushions your head and upper body to minimize injury. To stay safe, buckle your seat belt every time you ride, even if your car has airbags

What happens if you get hit...airbag deploys and then that 2nd car smashes you. I drove back and forth to work for 20 years 90 miles a day. Anything can happen because stupid fucks text and drive. They should shoot them in the head and get a big magnet and drop their car into lake ontario but i am a moderate....

I once worked at a fire hydrant factory....i couldnt park anywhere need the place.

Socialized Natioalized healthcare is awesome but your system is so brutally screwed it could never work. There is no switch to flip to make everyone see how cheap it really is. Where would you even begin.

But if you have no paid healthcare and dont want to wear a seatbelt or a helmet...have at it. The only cost really is to you and your family if you are in an accident that is your fault? Otherwise insurance would pay all of the costs? I think that is how it works.

My friend lives in Ohio...she went out downtown to a seafood restaurant with her friend...parked her car and came out and where did it go.

It was smashed by another car into a shape that was not a car and moved 60 feet. The guy had no insurance and the car was worth 500 bucks.
It made me think...in most cases if you were say a quadrapelegic from that accident does insurance pick up the bill if it is the other persons fault and they have nothing?

I know how they work. I was a mechanic in the USAF and actually went to airbag training from GM. I was more or less joking about the "smashing your face into a windshield" comment. BTW, if you haven't ever been hit in the face by an airbag, it isn't a fun encounter either. I personally wear my seatbelt all the time, but mostly out of habit, because the USAF would revoke driving privileges on base if you were ever caught not wearing one on or off base. I'm also not arguing the fact that they do help save lives, I'm arguing that people should have the right to not wear them if they choose not to.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister

If you get in an accident with someone without insurance, your insurance would have to pick it up, you could possibly go after them in court. But if they don't have insurance... it's kinda like trying to get water from a rock.

I have no problem with seatbelt laws or no texting while driving laws. I've been in two serious car accidents that were not my fault. I am all too aware of how you cannot trust a single person on the road.

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
The one thing they should be trying to protect is their head. You can get literally almost ripped apart and they can fix you. They can fix fractures, compound fractures, nerve damage, laserations, bruises, and just about anything else any more. BUT you rip your head open, you probably arent going to have much of a life left even if you do survive..
I think you missed the point of the reason for not wearing a helmet

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Man.
Are all you folks afraid of death? 😂

Lighten up a bit. Live a little. We’re all going to end up exactly the same. It’s just a virus. Car accidents aren’t planned. Usually.
Personally, I'm pretty scared to be in a car these days. Last accident just a few weeks ago was one of those life flashes before your eyes moments. I thought for sure I was going to die, or be seriously mangled. There's just way too many idiots on the road.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I understand the helmet more. It wont do that much.

Afraid of death...i have more greatness to give to the world than i can possibly fit in 90 more years...i am working on the head in a jar keeping me alive with all my spare grow gear made into a MACHINE!!!

Time to lighten it up.... Put the troll down.

shoes.jpg

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I was thinking earlier. I used to eat HCQ like candy in my military days, depending on where we were in the world.

Goes back to that “here take these pills and get on the bird”

GreenGenes

It made total sense. Society shouldn't have to pay for anyone's health care. Socialized health plans force us to pay for everyone's health plans and that causes us to be controlled more in an effort to save tax payers money.
Socialized medicine is already here.

What do you think happens when people show up at the hospital and can't pay their bill?
Everyone else gets to pay for them.

Why do you think healthcare costs so much?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
If you get in an accident with someone without insurance, your insurance would have to pick it up, you could possibly go after them in court. But if they don't have insurance... it's kinda like trying to get water from a rock.

I have no problem with seatbelt laws or no texting while driving laws. I've been in two serious car accidents that were not my fault. I am all too aware of how you cannot trust a single person on the road.
While I agree that nobody should text and drive a law prohibiting it does nothing. IMO, the law actually puts people more at risk because now, instead of holding their phone up to the windshield while they text, these people try to do it in their lap so the police can't see the phone. Take a look at other drivers the next time you are sitting in traffic and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. I've seen no shortage of people texting and driving in my state since the law went into effect. BTW...it's still perfectly legal for me to eat a Big Mac, while stearing with my knees, so where's the sense in the no texting laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.