Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Sure, because everybody knows you can't protect "freedom" unless you have people forced into uniforms to do it.

Sort of like during the "civil war" when the Union Army used conscripted soldiers to protect the Union, ostensibly a free country, to fight the slave holding south who claimed they were leaving the Union as an act of freedom.

View attachment 66583
I don’t think we need the draft back, but I do think a lot of people would benefit from even just one year in the military. The whole point of “basic training” is to knock everyone down to the same level and to teach people to respect one another as equals. It does a lot of good to a lot of people, IMHO. I know some people consider that “brainwashing”, but I don’t think I would go that far. I personally think it empowers a lot of people, and helps people understand what it is like to be a nobody for awhile. Their was a guy in my barracks from GA who’s father was some higher-up with the KKK and our drill sergeant was black. Kid was so damn racist when he got there but, by the end, he was a totally different person, and on graduation day he shook the DIs hand with tears in his eyes and thanked him for helping him become the man he became in such a short time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And to be honest, none of those cities were voting for Trump anyway. If they don't want help, and they want their cities to burn, I say fence it in and contain it. Make sure the mayor/governor residence is within that fenced zone with what they wanted to happen

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don’t think we need the draft back, but I do think a lot of people would benefit from even just one year in the military. The whole point of “basic training” is to knock everyone down to the same level and to teach people to respect one another as equals. It does a lot of good to a lot of people, IMHO. I know some people consider that “brainwashing”, but I don’t think I would go that far. I personally think it empowers a lot of people, and helps people understand what it is like to be a nobody for awhile. Their was a guy in my barracks from GA who’s father was some higher-up with the KKK and our drill sergeant was black. Kid was so damn racist when he got there but, by the end, he was a totally different person, and on graduation day he shook the DIs hand with tears in his eyes and thanked him for helping him become the man he became in such a short time.
The draft, mainly because boot camp will beat a little reality into many heads (not all). None of them know responsibility or accountability for their own actions. The UCMJ pretty much takes care of that with little gray area and few actual Constitutional rights. There's also the "steady paycheck for a job" factor.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
It's good the guy whose dad was a KKK idiot learned that good and bad people come in all colors.

Of course you do remember there wasn't supposed to be a standing army in the USA according to the Constitution right?

The whole point of basic training is similar to the point of government schools, to churn out obedient people who can be used to further the goals of people who like to wield power over others.

There is sufficient evidence to prove that, but I'm a little afraid to expound on that too much, lest @ Whip Eurass comes bounding out of the bushes with a stick and a muzzle for me.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
You are ignoring that these isolated, always blue-city riots have the rioters in control because that is what the elected officials choose by handcuffing, defunding or giving 'stand-down' orders to cops. Half a testicle from any of those officials and the words "stop them from rioting" and it's over., yesterday. No federal help needed.

Why do blue cities want this? They think it makes Trump look bad. :ROFLMAO:
Ever heard of the phrase "cutting off your nose to spite your face?
Excellent point.

I'd add, It's important to distinguish between people protesting police brutality, which shouldn't be a political party issue btw and rioters. They should be seen as two separate issues. The justification of one isn't the justification of both.

Protesting police or any kind of arbitrary and irrational brutality makes sense to me, damaging the property of other people who didn't harm you makes no sense to me.

Free market security, where individuals are held accountable would solve both problems. Of course, people fear the unknown so
we'll continue living in the land of the absurd for a bit longer.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It's good the guy whose dad was a KKK idiot learned that good and bad people come in all colors.

Of course you do remember there wasn't supposed to be a standing army in the USA according to the Constitution right?

The whole point of basic training is similar to the point of government schools, to churn out obedient people who can be used to further the goals of people who like to wield power over others.

There is sufficient evidence to prove that, but I'm a little afraid to expound on that too much, lest @ Whip Eurass comes bounding out of the bushes with a stick and a muzzle for me.
I totally get the point of basic training, but I think knocking people to the dirt, so they have a different view on life, really does a more good than harm. I questioned authority more after I finished BMT and I didn't take shit from nobody, no matter their rank, if they abused their power.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
a lot of people would benefit from even just one year in the military.

(looks nervously in the bushes for Whip Eurass, then proceeds to multiple respond to a post :devilish: )

Separating the good things from the bad things is how I like to see people benefit.

The purpose of the modern military has never been to benefit the grunts, they are used like farm animals and rewarded with empty slogans like, "thank you for your service". Similar to a faithful dog given a biscuit for rolling over on command. Of course when old shep dies, the farmer just buries him out back and gets a new puppy, that's what Uncle Sam does.

I think alot of people benefit from the physical work outs and the being held accountable, while not benefitting from the brain washing.

Wouldn't it be nice to build a world where we get the good and don't have to take the bad along with it ? Freedom of choice, is how we get there.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
I totally get the point of basic training, but I think knocking people to the dirt, so they have a different view on life, really does a more good than harm. I questioned authority more after I finished BMT and I didn't take shit from nobody, no matter their rank, if they abused their power.
If by "knocking people to the dirt" you mean holding individual people accountable, I agree.

I don't think that is the primary purpose of the military though, it is to ensure profit for those who don't do the actual fighting.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Doesn’t have to be military service. Just public service of some form. Would certainly give some narrow minds some perspective.
Before you folks jump on the “I’m not signing up to be a soldier” bandwagon. Military is around 15% gun toters. Rest are basically just jobs. And remember, they’re always hiring.....

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Doesn’t have to be military service. Just public service of some form. Would certainly give some narrow minds some perspective.
Before you folks jump on the “I’m not signing up to be a soldier” bandwagon. Military is around 15% gun toters. Rest are basically just jobs. And remember, they’re always hiring.....

Hoping to give you a different perspective....

Forcing an otherwise peaceful person to perform a service they prefer not to, isn't a "public service" though, it's slavery.

Without individual choice, there is no freedom to protect. None.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think knocking people to the dirt, so they have a different view on life, really does a more good than harm.
I think it does more good than harm as well - not enough people have been knocked to the dirt enough. And if you think that is what boot camp is about your ignorance is showing.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I think it does more good than harm as well - not enough people have been knocked to the dirt enough. And if you think that is what boot camp is about your ignorance is showing.
I learned how to make my bed and fold clothes there. So essentially boot camp prepared me to be a maid.

Status
Not open for further replies.