Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Oh, so in addition to roads, you’d like some of your tax dollars to go to law enforcement. Thanks for the clarification.
No, I'd like some of your money to go towards security that you support, it could be private security or security you and other like minded people go in on. You should be free to make that choice, for yourselves.

Your welcome.

Hey, you still haven't answered my repeated attempts at questions though. You're not avoiding them are you ?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Damn, I love all this freedom!
So that’s three things your tax dollars go towards - roads, law enforcement and freedom (military etc.)

There are a lot of other things your tax dollars pay for that you’re not thinking about, but You would miss them greatly if they were gone.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
So that’s three things your tax dollars go towards - roads, law enforcement and freedom (military etc.)

There are a lot of other things your tax dollars pay for that you’re not thinking about, but You would miss them greatly if they were gone.
I see that you are attempting to form my words for me. That's not a very good way to present your counter argument, if you have to misrepresent my argument. Also, you've avoided answering my repeated attempts at questions.

Freedom ? That's funny. About how much of your money did you willingly pay for the war on drugs?

Roads don't require taxation to be built or maintained. They only require people and equipment and somebody to organize and pay for it. That doesn't mean because a particular road which may have been funded thru confiscatory taxes couldn't possibly be built another way does it ?

If a woman got pregnant thru force, would you go around thinking that was the only way a woman could get pregnant or would you be open to the possibility that it could occur another way ?

Are you saying that a military is what makes a person free? How do you think a person who was drafted into the military would feel about that ?
Also, there is no constitutional authorization for a standing army, especially one that is used for foreign empire.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
If I could create weed seeds that would produce rolled joints and matches, that would be great, wouldn't it?

I could spend 5 pages today irritating people who say my dedication to this task ignores reality, as I can not show anyone that asked that it's ever been or can be done. But that would be silly, wouldn't it?
So you're saying consensual human interactions as the basis for anything has never been done ? That people don't shop at grocery stores of their choice and aren't forced to pay other grocery stores they don't shop at ? That model doesn't exist and doesn't work? Hmmm.

If people voted in a majority that you could never have weeds seeds and should be thrown in jail for making them, oh well, you're okay with paying for that ?

Also I've spent a good bit of time answering questions and little time getting any answers to my questions. I'll up the ante and ask you TWO questions...

Is there ANYTHING you've been taxed for you object to ? Can you delegate a right you don't possess ?

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Ha ha aha ....etc. You consider sentences that begin with "So you're saying ...." , but then repeating your TPs again [ and again ] as 'answering questions'.

View attachment 64344
Okay, I'll change the wording.

Have you ever paid tax money that went towards something you wouldn't have bought or wanted if the money weren't extracted from you under threat of force ?

Can you or I delegate a right we don't possess ?

1594687488558.png

Attachments

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I see people cry and bitch about capital gains tax. I’ll owe a lot this year. Done quite a few house flips. That money is no different than money I would make at a job, so I expect to be taxed on it. My old job I was able to make tax free income, that was kinda nice.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
If you don’t like where your tax money goes, vote in someone or run yourself to have an influence on where it’s directed.
No disrespect, but you may not understand my position. I'm not looking to polish the government tax turd. I'm looking to flush it.

My opposition isn't so much based in how the loot is spent, it's how it's gotten. You see I haven't figured out if you or I don't have a right to do something, how that right could ever have been delegated to "representatives" ?

I know I don't have a right to demand money from other peaceful people to support my ideas, so I don't see how I could possibly delegate that right.
I mean a sum of millions of zeroes is still zero correct ?

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
How the fuck could anyone expect a first world country to operate if everyone had the option to pay taxes or not?

Of course no one would opt to not pay taxes, then everyone would be living in a shithole third world country.

So you don't consider whether a person has a right to do something or not, before you endorse it ?

How the fuck, if you don't have a right to do something, could you delegate that nonexistent right to somebody else to do ?
(you won't answer that, because...we know if you don't have a given right, it's impossible to delegate it)

Especially if the right you don't have and are trying to delegate would be asking somebody to take others money against their will.

I mean we at least agree if YOU or I did that, took money under threat of force from people, it would be wrong to do? How does something which is morally wrong for either of us to do, become somehow right for somebody else to do ? Is there like a magic "authority suit" that special people wear to be to able to do that ?

Your last statement is an erroneous assumption. If people retained their money and got to make their own choices how to spend it you would see a booming trade increase in actual goods and services that people want.

Not trying to be rude but your grasp of how actual free trade works seems a little uninformed People don't want to do business under oppressive taxation, it stifles trade. A no tax zone location would be thriving, not third world.

Last edited:

Whip Eurass

Super Active Member
Okay, I'll change the wording.

Have you ever paid tax money that went towards something you wouldn't have bought or wanted if the money weren't extracted from you under threat of force ?

Can you or I delegate a right we don't possess ?
[take note of the direct responses]

Question #1 - Yes. But then 4 years later, with new elected officials, that 'something' was repealed. Conversely, things I have supported have also been repealed. I cried no tears, wailed no wails. The old lady won't do everything every way I'd prefer, but overall she's a peach.

Question #2 - Yes. If we are elected by a majority of voters that vote, operating a [hopefully] effective and efficiently ran municipality is our job. If we do it well, we're likely re-elected, or nominated for a higher position.

Easy peasy. Let's see you do it.

Answer these 2 questions - directly - one that's been posed to you several times by several in this eternal hell you call conversation :) -

Question #1 - Name the place - besides in your imagination - a real place that exists or has existed - that operates[ed] successfully using your ... 'ideas'.

Qustion #2 - Since you've explained your 'ideas' a few hundred times, and in great detail.....why do you suppose that no one has jumped onboard the 'Rogue Train'? At one point do you see yourself becoming.....'persuasive'?

1594687902974.png

Status
Not open for further replies.