CloningTips And Tricks

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
Just built a couple of these

Used a $22 harbor freight 264 gpm pump. If you follow the instructions everything is there however the lid is my hack. Make sure to read his parts list as there are some corrections made.

20210426_185023.jpg

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Just built a couple of these

Used a $22 harbor freight 264 gpm pump. If you follow the instructions everything is there however the lid is my hack. Make sure to read his parts list as there are some corrections made.

View attachment 89711
I was gifted one of these but haven't tried it out, old dog new tricks syndrome lol, I cut my teeth on using plugs, do you have good rooting success? It looks like a lot less work... Is that juniper your cloning? Spider mites absolutely love the red cedar and juniper in my yard wish I could wipe the mites out somehow

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
I was gifted one of these but haven't tried it out, old dog new tricks syndrome lol, I cut my teeth on using plugs, do you have good rooting success? It looks like a lot less work... Is that juniper your cloning? Spider mites absolutely love the red cedar and juniper in my yard wish I could wipe the mites out somehow
Wille and Tyrone inspired me so I dug a little further into it. So far so good no drooping leaves. Just took fresh cuts soaked them in kln and rapid start which is pumped through the reservoir. The video isn't mine but will be cloning hardwood plants soon. The kln has worked very well for tough rhodadendron cuttings and the limited time using GH rapid start has caused rapid root growth drenching existing clones done in the rapid rooters and rockwool. Mites are the scourge of the earth read somewhere some states introduced them to eradicate weeds. "We're here from the government to help"

20210426_212725.jpg

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Mites are the scourge of the earth read somewhere some states introduced them to eradicate weeds. "We're here from the government to help"
I guess I never gave mites a second thought until I went indoors, now I am careful where I walk outside before going into grow rooms, government tried to combat western pine Beetle in the NW with Yellowjackets problem being our winters are no longer below zero long enough to kill them off so being stung every summer is a given 😡
View attachment 89722

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I do all my cloning in water. Aeroponic or hydroponic. In my opinion any thing else is like cloning in the Stone Age. They seem to root quicker, stay healthier, I don’t put them under light I just put them in the corner of my veg room or space. Not directly under any of the higher powered lights. They don’t need a lot of light. no dome or misting is necessary. I put no heater in the water. I let it sit for a while so it becomes room temp. I add the clonex cloning solution to my revers osmosis Water. Distilled or spring water work just as well for me. I cut the clone at a 45degree angle and make small barley scratching the surface cuts where I want roots to grow from. I sometimes cut leaf tips but not always. If the leafs on the clones are so big that it’s covering another clone I def cut the leaf tips. I dunk it in clones rooting gel and pop it in the water making sure the stem is touching the water. More air stones and water movement the better. I have close to 100% success. Usually if something dies it’s because the stem wasn’t touching the water. I had others die on me before but those are were because of other reasonslike treating them for mites with new products that I wasn’t familiar with etc.
D0919A0F-AAF7-4F33-ADE9-D9A3E997133A.jpeg21CC144C-A6AA-4F38-8C07-CE6CDC1D2B56.png5DE2CF31-59D4-4D2E-B860-C61B9307AE84.jpeg56C5F516-40CF-4890-BEA6-C06CC0C5384B.jpeg

Last edited:

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Had a buddy gift me some big unroofed clones I chopped them into more and rooted them
See in the top two pics where I cut and the bottom pic has more shoots and I could have done the same to that on

Damn nice roots alrighty Kev, I might have to dust off the cloner a bud have me it's a tad large for my needs but I know too small doesn't work, not enough water it heated up to much....

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
I just stick in coco perlite and forget about em...>90% success
I have a Tupperware totally dedicated to this approach and get decent results. One thing to keep in mind is certain plants don't have the best genetics making their ability to root more difficult especially when it comes to resistances to pathogens so a medium can harbor those compared to using a cloner.

20210430_134716.jpg

Attachments

Phenosearch

Insanely Active Member
I always use to use rockwool now I use the ez cloner ro water and followed the directions on the clones solution and rapid start no boots till roots once the roots started maybe an inch long I added small dose of calmag and dynagrow 100% on the last batch of clones and bigger cuts A2899751-8DE1-4871-AEFB-BA0AF2E65BB1.jpeg1B0212E0-F247-41DB-8020-D6E44EEB3DBE.jpeg

Aero cloner ph 5.5
Root tech gel
Clonex liquid
Heat mat or chill/frozen bottles depending on how your room is...

cut at 45 lightly shave stem dip in gel put in cloner

I clean my cloner once a week new water dawn dish soap wash rinse hot water

mix of your water-put in pump add waterout on the top

I’m getting almost 100 percent

V3n0M

Super Active Member
Aero cloner ph 5.5
Root tech gel
Clonex liquid

Do you let it run a full day before putting clones in. I always have to PH down after the first 24hrs

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Aero cloner ph 5.5
Root tech gel
Clonex liquid

Ive been shaving it too hard this whole time. From green to white it too much ime. Now i do a very very light scratch. Fuck I've lost so many breeder cuts i wish I could,get back due to my lack of experience