CloningTips And Tricks

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
Something to keep in mind priority to making cuts...don't feed nitrogen to the mom prior to making cuts and the more/closer the nodes of the cuts increases the probability in rooting them.

stinknugget

• Old 1.5litre soda pop bottle, cut in two, cut some vertical slits in sides to allow for slipping over the bottom half of the bottle.​
  • Fill bottom half with coco/perlite - moisten but not soak it with Rhizotonic or similar and tap water, I don't even pH test it​
  • Take cut, trim some leaf tips off, scrape the outer layer of the stem off about 30mm from bottom of cut​
  • Dip it in Clonex, stick it in the coco. Put top half of soda pop bottle over bottom half and leave it shut for a week.​

I like clear as I can see when the roots are in, then I cut the plastic away with a Stanley knife and pot it up. I use a generic brand of purple Clonex gel, has done 100s of cuts with a high ratio of success. I work in a tiny space for personal medicine, cutting 20+ clones at one time is wasteful for what I do.

Some cuts of my own crosses here, mix of Ethos, Katsu and 00 Seeds

PXL_20210617_011507835.jpg

PXL_20210617_011528080.jpg

No fancy shit needed, like Captain Planet used to say - Reduce, reuse and recycle!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
  • Old 1.5litre soda pop bottle, cut in two, cut some vertical slits in sides to allow for slipping over the bottom half of the bottle.​
  • Fill bottom half with coco/perlite - moisten but not soak it with Rhizotonic or similar and tap water, I don't even pH test it​
  • Take cut, trim some leaf tips off, scrape the outer layer of the stem off about 30mm from bottom of cut​
  • Dip it in Clonex, stick it in the coco. Put top half of soda pop bottle over bottom half and leave it shut for a week.​

I like clear as I can see when the roots are in, then I cut the plastic away with a Stanley knife and pot it up. I use a generic brand of purple Clonex gel, has done 100s of cuts with a high ratio of success. I work in a tiny space for personal medicine, cutting 20+ clones at one time is wasteful for what I do.

Some cuts of my own crosses here, mix of Ethos, Katsu and 00 Seeds

View attachment 94134

View attachment 94135

No fancy shit needed, like Captain Planet used to say - Reduce, reuse and recycle!
you could do that with a clear solo cup as well, then one over top. But you don't need to cut anything because of the cup shape.

stinknugget

em off about 30mm from bottom of cut
you could do that with a clear solo cup as well, then one over top. But you don't need to cut anything because of the cup shape.

Hell yeah you could, I just used what I had on hand, plastic solo cups etc are on the way out in Australia. Plastic drinking straws, plates, cutlery are all becoming outlawed.

Be interesting to see if they come up with a paper soda bottle

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Hell yeah you could, I just used what I had on hand, plastic solo cups etc are on the way out in Australia. Plastic drinking straws, plates, cutlery are all becoming outlawed.

Be interesting to see if they come up with a paper soda bottle
They’ll probably go with aluminum or glass bottles. In my lifetime we’ve gone from “save the trees and use plastic bags” to “use reusable bags at the grocery store because plastic is destroying the planet” to “use paper bags because reusable bags harbor bacteria and are a health risk”.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They’ll probably go with aluminum or glass bottles. In my lifetime we’ve gone from “save the trees and use plastic bags” to “use reusable bags at the grocery store because plastic is destroying the planet” to “use paper bags because reusable bags harbor bacteria and are a health risk”.
Kalifornistan banned plastic straws - but not the plastic cups you stick it in... It is ALL political theater with an agenda and has SHIT to do with the environment. If we use ANYTHING it is bad for the environment - suck it up.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
NOT "political theatre". It's fuckin reality.

The thing not mentioned is that this is generated mostly by other countries that don't have recycling programs and public waste removal and disposal. I have BEEN to some of those countries where the water IS the garbage can.

So taxing people in America to try and solve it is stupid. As is banning plastic straws etc.

D

Deleted member 60

Stupid is driving in ANY town in American and NOT seeing that they all look like dumps. Trash everywhere roadside....(some of which are STRAWS)

but there's no trash problem HERE... it's all caused by >them< people...someplace else...not here. We are pristine and have pride in America.

You can see it everywhere you go.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stupid is driving in ANY town in American and NOT seeing that they all look like dumps. Trash everywhere roadside....(some of which are STRAWS)

but there's no trash problem HERE... it's all caused by >them< people...someplace else...not here. We are pristine and have pride in America.

You can see it everywhere you go.
Not my point. The Pacific ocean only touches the three most leftist - tax heavy, restriction heavy states in the country. If the Pacific is being poluted by them then what further solution would you offer? Pay the gubmint more money because they say they can fix it? I hear they can fix weather too if you pay enough...

And you don't see it where I live. It's a big city thing - per capita there is no home ownership there. most of the city is either renters, or people that just show up for work. No one lives there or cares about it - and they want the rural and suburban people to pick up the tab for their lack of 'give-a-shit"

D

Deleted member 60

I hear that...out here in "rural" we are told that we don't pay enough taxes and that the townies carry our worthless asses....

even though they pay the SAME taxes.....same mill levy's...same everything through the same entities.... they all whine incessantly that "it's someone else...not me! " when it comes to problems or fixing problems....and feel THEY pay everyone else's way. (naturally.....it's a heavily right wing county)

But yer right....out here in RuralLand...there's not much trash roadside...,.it's all clustered around these stupid, blaming, "patriotic" fuckers shacks/falling down "houses"....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Back to clones and stuff. Is it better to take cuts as soon as the lights come on, middle of the "day", or towards lights out?

So my Jawa Pie and AD X AC M veg cuts never rooted well because I didn't have a spare air pump port to run a airstone in their coffee cloner.(I am not buying another air pump Damn it!) I am going to try my hand at Monstercrop cuts(taken in flower) which I have to admit sounds bad ass but this time run a stone.

Do monstercrop cuts stretch as much as veg cuts? Any other monstercrop cut tip/tricks?
2 AD X AC and 1 Jawa Pie Flower cuts .JPG

Cheers, Z.

printer

Super Active Member
I had some monster cropped and I had a aphid problem. The vegetation was so dense that I could not spray the bugs away and had to throw out the plants as they were infested with the bugs. I didn't do anything special with them but one thing you will find is they sit there and do nothing for a good while after you try to get them into veg again. And boy you can get funny looking leaves but they will get back normal after time. The plant I had did not stretch that much normally and the clones did not either.