Can O2Grow Replace Pumps and Stones?

PhatNuggz

I decided to put my 4 air stone bubbler on a deep cycle timer. Starting at 10 minutes on and 30 minutes off. O/O times suggestions anybody?

New pH meter due today, along with a 80 gph pump. Im going to try replacing the air stones with it, and aiming it at a container inside the DWC rez with various size ornamental stones to create turbulence and air bubbles

One of the problems I have is my light heats my 2 x 4 x 6 tent ~ 89*s, and that is with both flaps wide open and fan on. Thinking to go to my lower wattage Amare SE 230

PhatNuggz

I cut the deep cycle timer to 3 minutes on and 12 minutes off. Plants are wilted from rearranging the air stones to which I had to cut new tubing, That took a while to complete, with plants were outside the bubbler. I'm on the verge of switching the bubbler out and going back to HPA: I have the kit

Here's a pic from when I used a hybrid hpa mist heads on a large gph pump. The roots were looking awesome, but the Rapid Rooters were getting to wet due to mist being more like a sprinkle, causing root rot, see the light tan color in the photos

IMG_4213.JPGIMG_4231.JPGIMG_4232.JPG

PhatNuggz

First, either my previous pH pen was way the F off, or my new one is, but considering the lack of root development to date, it is quite likely the old readings were a big part of my problem

Checking the rez, even though I made fresh nutes last week, I noticed that the walls had some algae and the water was cloudy, so I dumped those nutes, wiped down the tote with light bleach and soap then added fresh nutes

I did add a small 80 gph pump to circulate along with the 4 air stones, but it was to small, so I replaced it with a 165 gph pump which is on the same timer as the air pump

Timer currently set at 3 minutes on 15 minutes off

Fingers crossed

PhatNuggz

Im throwing in the towel on this 'grow'

Even if they survive, there won't be enough side branching for bud development

Just dropped 4 seeds from 2011 that have been refrigerated : a cross of BK-1 (whatever that was) crossed with an Indica

PhatNuggz

I started four 11 yo seeds about 10 days ago. They all cracked, but the tap root has not grown to root in the new cubes (see pic on Sep 1pth), so I dropped 4 more in starter water 2 days ago: I just put them into cubes

PhatNuggz

This is why I keep experimenting with rez oxygenation

Alas, finding them is impossible, though they should be readily available

Ive been researching this tech fo about 10 years and it's still not available. WHY?

Last edited:

PhatNuggz

Sigh, the 4 seeds did not make it. Most likely cause the new cubes were kept too wet. I started 4 more, so far 2 have started to grow, probably a third soon

Started 3 more seeds today. Using a dropper to barely keep the insertion hole moist

PhatNuggz

Long overdue update:

Had a few setbacks with the white cubes as they either hold too much water or dry out to fast. Trial and Error

3 seeds are now seedlings (YEAH)

I combined 4 air stones 24/7 plus a 160 gph pump on a timer 2 minutes on/50 minutes off, with pump tube inserted into a plastic bottle that has holes in it, partially filled with a combination of platonic solids and small marbles: this to simulate water rushing down a stream that enriches the water/nutes with enhanced oxygen

PhatNuggz

OK a few pictures

The plastic soda bottle needs a bit more experimentation as to how many holes and hole size, as well as pump gph. This over soaks the net pots and I am fearful to soak the strter cubes and get root rot yet again.

I will try my small ~ 60 gph pump again as I need a bit more space to put blue ice pack in this 3 gallon tote with the ~ 6xs physically larger pump

The larger pump causes too much water pressure inside the bottle, which spits long streams of nutes out the sides of the the lid and into the igloo, so I drilled 3 larger holes but I think I can do better, or it would be better in a deeper tote, which could work similar to the pseudo LPA aero without constant clogged mist heads: Such is life when experimenting

On a positive note, all 3 babies are growing with roots exiting all net pots. The color adjustments did not allow me to get accurate green: leafs are normal green. Fingers crossed

Attachments

PhatNuggz

I just replaced the 260 gph pump with an 80 gph pump. That works great in a small tote

Roots are looking really good with lots of fish bone root hairs

Im sure some of you know wha a HUGE sigh of relief this is for me

PhatNuggz

Plants doing well, root system growing to a point where an above root explosion will begin to develop soon. In preparation, I increased ppm from ~ 350 to ~ 700

PhatNuggz

will post pics tomorrow, but DAMN. Wait until you see the amazing roots. Tops now jumping up.

In the mean time, here's a 'recent' YTV on Aeroponics

PhatNuggz

what a difference in just 7 days

update on my new technique for starting seedlings, and probably clones (see previous post of bottle) with platonic solids, which imitates the DO effects of a running stream= energizes the nute solution

Still dialing in the o/o times. Once I hit the mark the leafs should be reaching for the light

Obviously when the roots are lifted out of the nutes, they cling together, oh, and the yellow lid causes the root pics to look off, but they are snow white

Attachments

PhatNuggz

I knew I had to replace both the 260 gph pump and the plastic bottle as I put too many holes in it, and it was saturating the net pots, which soon led to RR. Ugh. things were finally goiing really good after so many bad starts. 😖

I bought an 80 gph pump and replaced the bottle with a smaller one with fewer holes. Plants are finally in recovery mode, with new roots with fish bones

The first root pic (with new root development) is the plant in the lower righ picture. Why the other 2 have yet to produce new roots is a curiosity, and a concern

Attachments

PhatNuggz

Just in case the position of the plant with lots of new roots I switched it out with one of the other plants

PhatNuggz

The corner has been turned

1/3 has s pretty decent amount of new roots and is growing again
1/3 has a few new roots and is beginning to look better
3/3 is lagging behind

Pictures taken Friday 2 are much improved today. The plant roots pictured has roughly 4xs as many roots

IMG_4810.JPGIMG_4812.JPG

PhatNuggz

Really good news

the other 2 plants are sprouting new roots.

The 3rd plant that had not sprouted new roots as of yesterday, I decided to cut away 2 roots at the bottom of the net pot that did not whiten after 2 long h2o2 soaks.

This morning I am seeing new roots

PhatNuggz

Compare the amount of roots today to Saturday's.

We're back baby!

The plant in the lower left has taken longer for new roots, but they are, finally. Watch this plant begin to take off in 4-5 days

Rapid growth will follow soon

IMG_4819.JPGIMG_4821.JPG