Breeding project results

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Back in the 80's, there was what we called "vine plants". When a branch hit the ground, throw some dirt on it and it would sprout roots and grow another plant off the original plant.
And you could literally get 2 harvests off one plant when fall came around. We were harvesting the last of August and again last of Sept.
I seen plants with my own two eyes, that were one bud 3 to 4ft and as big as coffee cans from the ground up. We called it "fence post" pot.
That's no shit!
Does anyone else remember these types of plants?
Some would call it Ruderalis of some kind.
I think it was some kind of Afghani freak of nature someone got a hold of.
your fence post is what wecalled a foxes tail.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I start out with Pro Mix as my base and keep the add on ingredients simple.
Bat Guano, bone meal, kelp meal, Amino acids, course perlite, mycorrhizae etc. Cover with some type of straw, rice hauls, pine needles, or a cover crop of some kind. Over time the soil gets better and better.
What are you using right now?
just creek bank dirt ,added what i have aquired over the past few.years, mulch pile is now up to about 8 tones@4 years old.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Not sure why anyone would call that a ruderalis...
We didn't know, people were just beginning to here about the 3 types of weed. So it was just speculation from other growers. Some said it was the origins of 'Big Bud". (fence post plants)
Not the so called "big bud" today.
Most likely it was a weird genetic trait coming out of the Afghani which was newly brought to the US.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
We didn't know, people were just beginning to here about the 3 types of weed. So it was just speculation from other growers. Some said it was the origins of 'Big Bud". (fence post plants)
Not the so called "big bud" today.
Most likely it was a weird genetic trait coming out of the Afghani which was newly brought to the US.
that would explain a lot, of my bag seed grows where , i had 6 or 7 different types of plants! i always got to keep the fox tail plants 1 of my grow bros , did'nt seem to think they were worth chopin, i left nothing ,more weight for me, till come the middle of the next year when things dried up, they were'nt so pickey and i didnt tell em, what was left over. i had smoke!

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
that would explain a lot, of my bag seed grows where , i had 6 or 7 different types of plants!
And the plant steering began.
But there was so much that was lost if there was no "open pollinations" of those first Afghanis in the 70's and 80's.
They were being grown all over the country in these tiny secluded areas like where I came from.
There was actually a "growers union" back then.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
But there was so much that was lost if there was no "open pollinations" of those first Afghanis in the 70's and 80's.
They were being grown all over the country in these tiny secluded areas like where I came from.
no union of any kind around here , there were a lot of bucket mouths that i stayed away from, / some who would drop someones eleses grow if they thought ,they had shit that was in danger.or rip mine or someone else to keep the area left alone.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
no union of any kind around here , there were a lot of bucket mouths that i stayed away from, / some who would drop someones eleses grow if they thought ,they had shit that was in danger.or rip mine or someone else to keep the area left alone.
Back then, you didn't rat or you would be found in a well.
The blabbermouth college kids are the ones that ruined it for the growers.
Brought High Times in and said they were growing Meigs County Gold. Lived in that area and never even heard of Meigs county Gold. That was some bullshit college dorm grow. But after that interview, the law was after everyone. I remember driving up on a 9 million dollar bust. We were picking buds off the road that fell off the trucks.
Guy had bush hogged paths to each plant.
Crazy what early growers had to go through and now look.
Most of you have no idea what it was like back then.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
true i spent many a day in aug. chopin males , just to get the fewest seed i could.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Back then, you didn't rat or you would be found in a well.
The blabbermouth college kids are the ones that ruined it for the growers.
Brought High Times in and said they were growing Meigs County Gold. Lived in that area and never even heard of Meigs county Gold. That was some bullshit college dorm grow. But after that interview, the law was after everyone. I remember driving up on a 9 million dollar bust. We were picking buds off the road that fell off the trucks.
Guy had bush hogged paths to each plant.
Crazy what early growers had to go through and now look.
Most of you have no idea what it was like back then.
only used a 3 wheeler to plant allways hiked in farther as the weather got hot ,bitch cullin males in aug,never had that kind of weight 9 mill. shit

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
only used a 3 wheeler to plant allways hiked in farther as the weather got hot ,bitch cullin males in aug,never had that kind of weight 9 mill. shit
Those country boys were growing fields of it before the High Times publicity stunt.
They were being delivered the best seed available from coast to coast.
At that time, the county was dying, the mines were shutting down, about the only work was Krogers, logging and lumber. Growing dope was the best option, it brought money in to the county. Lumber was being shipped to Florida to build subdivisions. Drugs and $$$ were being smuggled inside car engines to junk yards and dealerships to buy more lumber and construction supplies and back to Florida. That was a "rumor" that circulated. Then one guy got busted and it turned into a big deal. He was made an example of.
Things never were the same after that.
Just Say No and the weed world changed to stealth and hiding.
The beginning of the end
for the Original Afghani x Columbian hybrid named
SKUNK.
That's the way I remember it almost 1/2 century later.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Those country boys were growing fields of it before the High Times publicity stunt.
At that time, the county was dying, the mines were shutting down, about the only work was Krogers, logging and lumber. Growing dope was the best option, it brought money in to the county. Lumber was being shipped to Florida to build subdivisions. Drugs and $$$ were being smuggled inside car engines to junk yards and dealerships to buy more lumber and construction supplies and back to Florida. That was a "rumor" that circulated. Then one guy got busted and it turned into a big deal. He was made an example of.
The beginning of the end
SKUNK.
around here everyone worked @ theplants or tva/corp america ,coal fired plants, the railroad.or towboat outfits., dove for pumps, gen sets about anything related checked for broken /bent flutes on props.till they figured i did'nt have a lic. to dive, wreckers services didnt care a they wanted was for someone to hook lift bags to rigs
The beginning of the end
SKUNK.
most everyone around was tryin to have enough, for the next year a few were growing enough, they had a few lbs.to sell.they demanded high dollar for seedless bud.most of those beans came from high times adds.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Lol !!! That's true! Each new High Times Mag that came out, me and sis n law would check and see how many packs we had out of those picture lists by Attitude Seed Bank, VCS, GPS and Barneys Farm etc. lol
That's after going straight to the "center fold". lol
Back then you had to send your $$$ blind into the world and hope something came back in a month or two. lol
Now you got a bunch of "spoiled brats" complaining if they don't get them in 3 or 4 days.
Times sure have changed.