Breeding project results

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have some old Skunks but damn tried germinating like 100 beans and have yet to get 1 to pop.
I've had that trouble to. The shells dry out and petrify lol.
I screwed up and had some seed from the late 80's I tried to start and ruined them.
I still have some old Bubblegum(?) seed from the 90's here.
I haven't took the best care of my seed over the past years.
I'm still finding seed that has been stored for years and years. I have no idea what they are.
I got unopened packs of GPS's first stab at fem seed.

Last edited:

BuyTheDip

I screwed up and had some seed from the late 80's I tried to start and ruined them.
I'm still finding seed that has been stored for years and years. I have no idea what they are.
oldies go in soil for me temps 80 and above no soak nothing just give them a medium proper temps/humidity keep them moist and leave them alone

oldies go in soil for me temps 80 and above no soak nothing just give them a medium proper temps/humidity keep them moist and leave them alone
Tried that, plugs, rockwool and damn near everything else. High Rh, low RH and just about damn near every other way you can think of. Scratched shells and so on. They were stored badly as well too so that dont help at all.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
some young kids in school took a air pump hose[sealed] thru lid of mason jar , air stone on the end, i think they used kelp tea for sprout soak.something about microbes made hard hull, accept fluid.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I can't wait for the dried pics. Beautiful work
The Skunks don't have the biggest buds, that's my fault.
I never removed the smaller branches which I should have.
They are short bushes.
We always tried to breed to be compact and bred the stinkiest males we had.
No hermi traits whatsoever. No Chemdog or GSC genetics in these.
Straight "old school" genetics.
No one believes I have real Skunk, that's ok.
but I have something that very few breeders were able to hold on to
because of the smell being so potent.
It's an undesirable trait that was bred out for stealth.
Now, everyone is looking for these nasty plants..

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The Skunks don't have the biggest buds, that's my fault.
I never removed the smaller branches which I should have.
They are short bushes.
We always tried to breed to be compact and bred the stinkiest males we had.
No hermi traits whatsoever. No Chemdog or GSC genetics in these.
Straight "old school" genetics.
No one believes I have real Skunk, that's ok.
but I have something that very few breeders were able to hold on to
because of the smell being so potent.
It's an undesirable trait that was bred out for stealth.
Now, everyone is looking for these nasty plants..
looking great ,even next others[mine] grows!way to go,@NoWaistedSpace

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
looking great ,even next others[mine] grows!way to go,@NoWaistedSpace
I had to defoliate them this morning. They're drinking a lot of water for no bigger than they are.
They're in tall and narrow 5 gal plastic containers. I originally transplanted them from a 3 gal "wedge" containers. I'm able to leave a big air gap for the roots after placing in these 5 gal ones.

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
trying to get my soil up to par.this is a whole lot better than the first or second try.
I start out with Pro Mix as my base and keep the add on ingredients simple.
Bat Guano, bone meal, kelp meal, Amino acids, course perlite, mycorrhizae etc. Cover with some type of straw, rice hauls, pine needles, or a cover crop of some kind. Over time the soil gets better and better.
What are you using right now?

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
These things stink to high heaven
Looking great!!! I wish I could smell them 🔥A little bushier than the skunk I grew in the 80s but do look a lot like them back in 70-80s I didn't know about topping etc. found out about LST because a tree branch fell on my garden and bent several plants over I hadn't been to the gorilla site for over 2 weeks so they did their thing and had multiple "tops" from that day forward I started trying different things
View attachment 116512

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Back in the 80's, there was what we called "vine plants". When a branch hit the ground, throw some dirt on it and it would sprout roots and grow another plant off the original plant.
And you could literally get 2 harvests off one plant when fall came around. We were harvesting the last of August and again last of Sept.
I seen plants with my own two eyes, that were one bud 3 to 4ft and as big as coffee cans from the ground up. We called it "fence post" pot.
That's no shit!
Does anyone else remember these types of plants?
Some would call it Ruderalis of some kind.
I think it was some kind of Afghani freak of nature someone got a hold of.