Bobby's Dope Log

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yup, I’ve had mine since May of 2020 and it’s still as quiet as the day I got it.
What I have realized is that unless you have a really hot tent that needs the extraction (too much light) the fans are perfectly oversized. I have a 4" circulating my new 4x4 now that I know, and the 6" are on about half speed or lower in other spaces. I may switch them out eventually but its all about the holes in the ceiling ;) .

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
Got all the tents set up and ready to rock. Just waiting on the extraction fans for the veg tent from Amazon. Should be here by tmrw. Still need some small extraction fans for the 2x4 clone tent too. Prob just end up using some 30 watt duct fans or something. Still researching it.

I've got a lil more room that I thot and it doesn't feel as crowded. The only space in the room that doesn't have to do with weed is the closet with extra food and my clothes. My girl has so many clothes I can't even keep mine in the same closet lol. It would have been easier to deal with putting the 2x4 in front of the window but I still wanted to access it. Im happy with how it turned out tho. I could put more in here if needed but for what I'm doing it's highly doubtful it will be needed. This should be more than enuf.

The only thing that crossed my mind was making a chucking tent. That would be kinda fun. Measuring with everything in now, I could make it work. The 2x4 would move in front of the window to the left wall and I could put a 3x3 in its place. I would have a nice 1ft gap in between and still enuf space to walk around. When I get a stable of ladies going solid, I will revisit that idea.

Now thats its getting winter time, I removed the portable AC unit. I shouldn't need it next summer as the adjustments I've made will keep me from always having to high of temps. Also used both dehueys as I don't want the extraction fans/filters handling alarm/high humidity. So far everything comes on as directed but will need to adjust for difference in humidity levels between the environment controllers and the dehueys.

I need to make clones very soon. I should be doing that today but I dont think its gonna happen. This coming week for sure tho. Prob only gonna make about 5 of each. Definitely don't need 100 but they are half the size they were then.

Should I give the moms a week to recover before I flip or just flip right after taking clones?

1698601876152.png

1698601893160.png

1698601914954.png

1698601958153.png

1698602001380.png

1698602017705.png

1698602036481.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got all the tents set up and ready to rock. Just waiting on the extraction fans for the veg tent from Amazon. Should be here by tmrw. Still need some small extraction fans for the 2x4 clone tent too. Prob just end up using some 30 watt duct fans or something. Still researching it.

I've got a lil more room that I thot and it doesn't feel as crowded. The only space in the room that doesn't have to do with weed is the closet with extra food and my clothes. My girl has so many clothes I can't even keep mine in the same closet lol. It would have been easier to deal with putting the 2x4 in front of the window but I still wanted to access it. Im happy with how it turned out tho. I could put more in here if needed but for what I'm doing it's highly doubtful it will be needed. This should be more than enuf.

The only thing that crossed my mind was making a chucking tent. That would be kinda fun. Measuring with everything in now, I could make it work. The 2x4 would move in front of the window to the left wall and I could put a 3x3 in its place. I would have a nice 1ft gap in between and still enuf space to walk around. When I get a stable of ladies going solid, I will revisit that idea.

Now thats its getting winter time, I removed the portable AC unit. I shouldn't need it next summer as the adjustments I've made will keep me from always having to high of temps. Also used both dehueys as I don't want the extraction fans/filters handling alarm/high humidity. So far everything comes on as directed but will need to adjust for difference in humidity levels between the environment controllers and the dehueys.

I need to make clones very soon. I should be doing that today but I dont think its gonna happen. This coming week for sure tho. Prob only gonna make about 5 of each. Definitely don't need 100 but they are half the size they were then.

Should I give the moms a week to recover before I flip or just flip right after taking clones?

View attachment 131719

View attachment 131720

View attachment 131721

View attachment 131722

View attachment 131723

View attachment 131724

View attachment 131725
Have you thought about setting up the dehumidifier in the lung room? It sure takes up a lot of space in that tent.

Bobby_Resigliano

Have you thought about setting up the dehumidifier in the lung room? It sure takes up a lot of space in that tent.
I'm assuming the lung room is the room the tents are in? Not familiar with that term. I don't like shutting the door to the bedroom. I really don't know what else to do with it. I always need them in my tents cause the fuckin plants are always too big. I get it tho. If i grow smaller/less plants, I won't need them. I just can't seem to do that yet.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm assuming the lung room is the room the tents are in? Not familiar with that term. I don't like shutting the door to the bedroom. I really don't know what else to do with it. I always need them in my tents cause the fuckin plants are always too big. I get it tho. If i grow smaller/less plants, I won't need them. I just can't seem to do that yet.
Yes, the "lung" room would be the room several tents are in, that they all breathe from. I guess it depends on where you exhaust to. I give two shits about smell so it goes into the attic. But my rH is low so that probably helps the insulation in the attic. If that was a concern I woud run the hose out the eaves. I have it stapled to a rafter near the roof vent. No cover or filter or anything. It's running 24/7 so nothing too awful is gonna climb in to live.

If you have to exhaust back into the room through a filter you are keeping that heat and humidity in the room. The dehumidifyer is then adding heat to the equation, requiring more water for the plants, and more transpiration and humidity. Basically using more power than you need to get-r-dun.

If you move them outside the tent and dry you might only need one for that bedroom to manage the tent exhaust. Your house AC should keep it nice.

I don't know if that's in a finished part of the house or a hot upper floor or something. I've seen some pretty cool garage builds that just lack the heating & air.

Just giving you ideas to roll around your head and maybe use one. or not. no worries. I would rather see another plant in there than a home appliance, but that's just me :cool:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Another idea to get some heat out of the tents is if you can have the light driver, the exhaust fan motor, anything besides the lights that generates heat mounted outside. That trick knocked 5 degrees off my tents when I learned it.

D

Deleted member 60

Be careful taking that easy route of venting everything into the attic. Years ago on OG a guy did that and it started forming ice on everything in the attic....and I bet you can guess what happened next. His next call was to a drywall and insulation guy and SteamMaster....cus the entire ceiling came down on him in one fell swoop.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Be careful taking that easy route of venting everything into the attic. Years ago on OG a guy did that and it started forming ice on everything in the attic....and I bet you can guess what happened next. His next call was to a drywall and insulation guy and SteamMaster....cus the entire ceiling came down on him in one fell swoop.
Mold is a huge risk, too. The previous owners of my house put a bathroom with a bathtub upstairs, and vented the bathroom fan into the attic, and you can still see all of the damage that was done in that half of the attic from mold,

D

Deleted member 60

Most certainly. When I sold my house where I grew for 25 years I did a major cleanup and did all I could to remove any signs of a grow.

But the inspector was good. He found a few staples in the crawlspace on the floor joists that still had Mylar under em...and from that he determined that marijuana had been grown there. That initiated a more thorough search...and in the attic they found small specks of black mold...and that ended up costing me 12K to mitigate before the sale. Thankfully...I sold the house for 4X what I had in it...so I just wrote the check and smiled and said 'Yup...I'm a LEGAL medical patient and I grew A LOT of weed in this house"...

I built a false wall in my kid's bedroom closet and fished a 8" duct pipe up and outside to exhaust....and I filtered it cus the Sheriff lived next door...LOL.

Ah...fun.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mold is a huge risk, too. The previous owners of my house put a bathroom with a bathtub upstairs, and vented the bathroom fan into the attic, and you can still see all of the damage that was done in that half of the attic from mold,
That's why I mentioned my humidity in general is low. My tent air is going right out the roof vent, and any mold will show right that on that plywood near the hose before anything. I'm in an area where hard freezes are rare and short-lived and with the dryness I think the tents help out. I also have very "dry" grows. No puddles or reserviors, not drippers or anything. Handwatered and a cover crop to reduce that humidity loss.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Thanks Z! I hope so too man. I got that shelf idea from another persons journal when I wanted more floor space in the 4x4 veg tent. I did the same for the flower tent for other stuff too. Will be changing a few things after this round setup wise but for the good. I opted for no charcoal filter this round and its quite noticeable lol.
i notice it too, when things start to draw my nose toward em!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
What size tent is that with all those big fans in it? Just my personal opinion, but those fans take up a lot of room, and you really shouldn't need all of that for circulation in there. I tried so many different types of fans over the years and eventually settled on 4 small DC powered 140mm fans (one on each corner) and a 6" duct fan on the floor blowing upwards to keep the air under the canopy circulating.

Your plants look like they need some Mg and that seems common when grown under LED. I give my plants a dose of Cal Mag once a week and it keeps them happy. What are you feeding them? If you just go with top dressing organic fertilizers then you really don't have to worry about them being in different stages of growth. I just top dress once every week or two and give mine plain water all week. I've found that my plants seem a lot happier when I just keep the grow as simple as possible.
watch close do not over water late in flower ,i think that was my problem ,last run.still learning 1oldfart

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Now that I have the 4x8 at my house I will definitely look into automated watering. I still like hand watering for now lol. I've always liked using soil but I could try to switch it up a few rounds especially if it speeds up the veg process.

Are you watering multiple times a day for some? I just noticed the #2 buckets I'm using are actually 1.7 gal. I think I have the #3 buckets at the parents house which are prob 2.5-2.7 gal. I like that size better.
i like my 5 gal roots, all the way to the bottom ,water around the outer edge.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I took that into acct and planned to make the plants a bit smaller from now on. With the lights basically being at the roof, I think I will still have plenty of grow room. If need be they can always serve an emergency bit of height if I need it. Go back to vacuuming whatever ones need it.

Well I wouldn't say by myself lol. Thank you for the info! I think I know what happened. All of my lights were at half power and that's why I thot it would be ok that close. When moving them higher yesterday I found the power knobs to be all the way up...only thing I could think of was I went in there when I was drunk one night and turned them up. I have no recollection of that at all. I stare at them a lot when drinking. I knew I wasn't that bad of a grower. I just keep doing dumb shit lol.
know that feeling ,well

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I would ask you a question about strength. Do you want to be a powerlifter? If not, I wouldn't worry about it, especially in your late 50s. Building muscle in general will make you stronger.

Losing 40-50lbs will be a marathon. You will need to find a diet and workout program that is sustainable #1. If you can't stick to it, wtf is the point right? No one wants to keep fucking off and falling off the wagon. Its depressing and demotivating.

First thing you're gonna have to do is start being accountable for everything that goes into your mouth. I would get some kind of calorie counting app to help you. Most people underestimate how much they actually eat. I would also suggest using a carb cycling method of dieting. Keto is not recommended unless you like to suffer.

Second you're gonna need to get some kind of workout program on deck. If you are completely sedentary then I would recommend a full body workout, 3 times a week to start. Very low weight and high rep range of 10-20. Maybe 10-12 sets in total. Remember if you want to keep this sustainable, you can't fire out the gates lifting tuff guy style. You will be so sore that it will take you a week to recover and that's not productive.

Third you will need to do cardio. Yeah it's fucked I know lol. This is very vital for not only burning extra calories but it helps digestion which helps build muscle. If you're digestion is fucked, so is your progress. You won't need much to start. A simple 15-20 mins 3 times weekly is fine but you will need to keep a heart rate of at least 125bpm. LISS is perfect for us old folk. No running or any of that bs. Low intensity steady state cardio. Walking is just fine.
no more than 1 coke a cola a day, water will be your best friend to really drop weight, several years back i quit smoking cigs then had a heart problem stint . cut out the cokes have gone from360 lb to 209 last doc visit in three years ,had a round with the big C did chemo , for 9 months strength is coming back slowly , the changes you make to intake, matter!

Bobby_Resigliano

The smoke is pretty much done. Starting to break it down and put into jars. The Fire Kush, Bacio, and Green Crack seemed underwhelming. Im gonna have to run them again to see if I wanna keep those. I left all that with pops to make hash and took home the Runtz and LCG. Both are pretty fire. I'd say they came out a 5-7 so I've got some work to do but its much easier with bomb strains lol.

Here is a look at the LCG. It was cloned like a mfer so buds were pretty small but dense. There's more purple-ish stuff in there but I didn't want to dig for it.

1699037226976.png

1699037245916.png

1699037258606.png

Frankie Eyelashes

The smoke is pretty much done. Starting to break it down and put into jars. The Fire Kush, Bacio, and Green Crack seemed underwhelming. Im gonna have to run them again to see if I wanna keep those. I left all that with pops to make hash and took home the Runtz and LCG. Both are pretty fire. I'd say they came out a 5-7 so I've got some work to do but its much easier with bomb strains lol.

Here is a look at the LCG. It was cloned like a mfer so buds were pretty small but dense. There's more purple-ish stuff in there but I didn't want to dig for it.

View attachment 131842

View attachment 131843

View attachment 131844

Bobby_Resigliano

I didn't end up doing any clones last week. I wanted to wait until I finished off the setup of the tents. Mothers are getting larger than I wanted but seems to be par for the norm with me. I'm gonna take out both dehueys and adjust to run w/o them. If need be, I'll run one in the room. I want the extra space lol.

I picked up a few more things for the tents. 2 more of the AC Infinity clip fans, AC Infinity duct push fan, 25ft of black ducting, bunch of 6" worm clamps, backdraft dampers(using a wye for intake), and a couple simple filters for the clone tent air management. Hopefully all that stuff will be here by this week.

1699309055312.png