BK’s Shit Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Oi I do not miss weather reports like that shit right there. When I was at KI Sawyer AFB in Upper Michigan some fucking genius GI just got done taking a shower and decided he would just walk to work real quick without a hat on when it was -40 outside. He did make to work but when he got there one of his ears fell off. What I still find hilarious to this day is he got written up for a section 8 on it, destruction of government property! :ROFLMAO:

I am never living again where you can store meat on the porch 4 months out of the year and everything is WHITE for over 6 if I can help it.
Hell nerp.
View attachment 104748
That was one of the bases that was part of the base closures in the 90s, wasn't it? Funny (not so funny) related story...I was stationed in MT in the late 90s. One winter we were doing our morning PT run on the flight line and it was -20F out. one of my buddies running next to me got this horrified look on his face and said "Oh, shit...I forgot to bring the dog in from her morning shit this morning!" He bolted home and his little Shih Tzu was dead...frozen solid in his back yard. and, in true military fashion, people never let him live that down.

That was one of the bases that was part of the base closures in the 90s, wasn't it? Funny (not so funny) related story...I was stationed in MT in the late 90s. One winter we were doing our morning PT run on the flight line and it was -20F out. one of my buddies running next to me got this horrified look on his face and said "Oh, shit...I forgot to bring the dog in from her morning shit this morning!" He bolted home and his little Shih Tzu was dead...frozen solid in his back yard. and, in true military fashion, people never let him live that down.
That's totally right tfc, and another thing I find hilarious/strange what was once a SAC base that had B52's ripping into the skies all day is now pretty much been replaced with civilian housing. That's a trip!

I bet if you leave the family pet outside when it's -30 and forget about/popsicle them that probably feels a bit shitty for the rest of your life. Poor guy, I bet he did catch some hell for that one.

Last edited:

Dr Evil

Coldest I’ve ever experienced was last winter. We had a full week of -45 without the windchill added.
I remember snowmobiling in -40 and the snow was just like fine dust.....it was like riding on water.

The damn throttle would get frozen wide open and would have to hit the kill button to stop.

Since we were doing about 90 MPH, God only knows what the windchill factor would be.

Weather has been shit here in Van as well, but obviously not as bad as your frozen tundra.

When we get an inch or two of snow, the damn city shuts down as there are so few plow trucks and so many hills, and of course totally useless winter drivers. Also the city puts a higher priority on the bike trails than the roads or sidewalks....go figure.

Dr Evil

I bet if you leave the family pet outside when it's -30 and forget about/popsicle them that probably feels a bit shitty for the rest of your life. Poor guy, I bet he did catch some hell for that one.
I had a friend whose Alaskan Malamute would sleep on the top of his dog house no matter how cold it was.

One morning we couldn't see him as he was totally covered in snow....and no worse for wear.

I had a friend whose Alaskan Malamute would sleep on the top of his dog house no matter how cold it was.

One morning we couldn't see him as he was totally covered in snow....and no worse for wear.
Malamutes are amazingly resilient to the cold and must have gotten some penguin into their blood line some kind of way. I am guessing the way the probably did it was doggy style.
SnowDerg5000.jpg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
It’s been cold (not nearly as cold as your place though) and dry here, too. The humidifier in my 4x4 gets kicked in so frequently that I’ve been waking up every morning to low RH in that tent. I walked by the tent this morning when I got up and it was 35% in there.
My tents are about 28% right now. That might creep up momentarily after a good watering.

bk-og

Moose cocks, or bust
Awwwww but yeah...

I put a vent in my door, could also add a ventilation home and fan. If you can stand the smell, equalising RH with the house would help comfort and your grow could help heat the house. Definitely a case by case kind of solution, though.
I prefer the skunk smell out of my house honestly, even running a 8”x48” scrubber I can still smell it outside my house.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I prefer the skunk smell out of my house honestly, even running a 8”x48” scrubber I can still smell it outside my house.
I'm starting to think that my sense of smell is horrible...either that or my 6" Vivosun charcoal filter is the best one to ever leave the factory. I've been running it for 2 years and can't smell shit even in the same room when it is running. I will say that I do only connect it when the plants start to smell, and I do clean it pretty often, so maybe that helps?

larf

I'm starting to think that my sense of smell is horrible...either that or my 6" Vivosun charcoal filter is the best one to ever leave the factory. I've been running it for 2 years and can't smell shit even in the same room when it is running. I will say that I do only connect it when the plants start to smell, and I do clean it pretty often, so maybe that helps?
I used the same ones a couple of years ago and they were amazing. I couldn't smell anything until I unzipped my tents. I finally had to replace them recently and they are noticeably less effective this time around. I'm not sure what's up, but it broke my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.