Bambam’s coco scrog net mess around👍

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
There's quite a debate about that. I've done it both ways and the results were anything but conclusive. How about you?
It has a lot to do with airflow under your canopy with a net.
Personally, I don't use a net. I like to be able to spin my plants around and move them to check for critters and PM etc. If the leaves aren't getting around 250 PAR, there is little value benefiting the plant.
The question you have to ask, is it taking energy from the plant or is it still beneficial? That's the decision you have to make.
Main thing is keeping a healthy plant.

Here is the skinny on what’s going down. 2x 5 gallon pots of coco, 2 clones, 3x3 tent, and a spider SF 4000. Nothing to wild 👍.

I put on the scrog net after I LST the hell out of them. Frankly just doing this grow just to learn how to use this net. Seen it done but never done one. That’s about to change. 👍

Please speak up and give some input if you see something I should be doing or have any ideas to help along the way. Thanks

Wondering when I should flip? Thinking 5 days or so?
You avatar is too distracting to me. Bam and Bam.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
It has a lot to do with airflow under your canopy with a net.
Personally, I don't use a net. I like to be able to spin my plants around and move them to check for critters and PM etc. If the leaves aren't getting around 250 PAR, there is little value benefiting the plant.
The question you have to ask, is it taking energy from the plant or is it still beneficial? That's the decision you have to make.
Main thing is keeping a healthy plant.
Ventilation works differently with a vertical trellis system because there isn't a closed space against the floor.

Bambam

Thanks for the convo fellas! I put it down on the calendar to figure out what I’m going to do as it pertains to the trimming above the net @ day 20. Clearly I trimmed the shit that was not going to make it to the net party. Other than that they are on the move! Stretch is happening some what. I am in a 3x3 with the sf4000 at 100%. Not sure what the par is but I know it’s 28 inches above the “BIOMASS “ 🤷‍♂️ This being my first net scrog I have to take it as it comes. We shall see….👍

Thanks for the convo fellas! I put it down on the calendar to figure out what I’m going to do as it pertains to the trimming above the net @ day 20. Clearly I trimmed the shit that was not going to make it to the net party. Other than that they are on the move! Stretch is happening some what. I am in a 3x3 with the sf4000 at 100%. Not sure what the par is but I know it’s 28 inches above the “BIOMASS “ 🤷‍♂️ This being my first net scrog I have to take it as it comes. We shall see….👍
More like 28 ounces above "BOOBIEMASS".

Where's Budders? Those are easily 4 pounds x2 in a 1x2. 8 pounds total. She wins.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
You can tuck the leaves under for more light penetration until you decide what you are gonna remove.
How many watts at the wall is the 4000? You might be a little high above the canopy. They should be done stretching. Some lights with a lot of the blue spectrum won't allow the plants to stretch much.

Bambam

33B0974D-E984-4E8A-AFB8-FEC918C380AD.jpegC355AE89-52E9-470A-BF42-886FDF9C739E.jpegWell I am going off the top of my head but I think it’s about 425ish light is made for a 4x4 for flower. Temps are fine so if I can get it closer I will. This led shit is new to me. Have 2 runs under my belt with it so still dialing it in. Still seem to be a bit aggressive with it in veg. So I have pulled back some. With the stretching it’s not chilling at 23 inches. I have popped off a fan or 2 or 3.

Last edited: