Apocalypse stash

Rosinallday

Super Active Member
I had not heard that about the RKS. I have grown & smoked 8 DLA5’s, both your F2 & @nube’s F2, none have had skunk smells. Seems to me that most of the 88g13hp crosses end up smelling similar.

Adding the Mac to it changed it up. I ran pure DLA5’s at the same time. Very nice smoke but if you look at the bud structure here you can spot the differences. Love that cross.

Bodhi singles out that DLA5 strain in his Potcast, Kevin Jodrey brings it up on one of his feeds.

Much goodness there, but I really like this Mac x DLA5 cross.
View attachment 39175
That looks just like the Mac mom. Thought bodhi made that comment about rks in his potcast. Didn't get that gamy smell with the dla5m ale? Thought you had an afpak x dla5 you really liked.
I've had people tell me about the extreme smells from that male and I can taste that gamy influence in my macdla5.

Rosinallday

Super Active Member
I had not heard that about the RKS. I have grown & smoked 8 DLA5’s, both your F2 & @nube’s F2, none have had skunk smells. Seems to me that most of the 88g13hp crosses end up smelling similar.

Adding the Mac to it changed it up. I ran pure DLA5’s at the same time. Very nice smoke but if you look at the bud structure here you can spot the differences. Love that cross.

Bodhi singles out that DLA5 strain in his Potcast, Kevin Jodrey brings it up on one of his feeds.

Much goodness there, but I really like this Mac x DLA5 cross.
View attachment 39175
The mother of that dla5 f2's wasn't very load but produced a lot of hash and big buds. I can see how the f2's may not be that load. Someone did tell me they found a dla5 f2 that was loader in veg that anything he had in flower. The Mac mom was very tasty, that's the one to hunt through for sure.
Dla5 f2 mother
IMG_20180712_101754771.jpg
Aaw male on left and dla5 male on the right
IMG_20180823_094815545.jpg

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Love that DLA mom, you are being modest. Bodhi called your Mom a beast on your Instagram post. Strong recommendation there.

The DLA5 has that gamy, animal lair kinda smell while growing but mellows out with the cure. Ends up kinda fruity somehow but tasty. Here is one of my indoor DLA5s from last winter,

DSC02755.jpg

I also grew a couple of the AFPAK x DLA5 indoors last winter too.That was an awesome cross as well, different. Sweet. I had to ration it, I liked it, but long gone now. I just started a few more of those. Kinda funny, I had posted a different pic of this plant on Instagram but can’t find it, I did see that some Brazilian used my pic on his site. His example of pure AFPAK complete with flowering times…plagarism. ;).

Regardless, I like what that DLA5 brings.

DSC02675.jpg

Rosinallday

Super Active Member
Love that DLA mom, you are being modest. Bodhi called your Mom a beast on your Instagram post. Strong recommendation there.

The DLA5 has that gamy, animal lair kinda smell while growing but mellows out with the cure. Ends up kinda fruity somehow but tasty. Here is one of my indoor DLA5s from last winter,

View attachment 39261

I also grew a couple of the AFPAK x DLA5 indoors last winter too.That was an awesome cross as well, different. Sweet. I had to ration it, I liked it, but long gone now. I just started a few more of those. Kinda funny, I had posted a different pic of this plant on Instagram but can’t find it, I did see that some Brazilian used my pic on his site. His example of pure AFPAK complete with flowering times…plagarism. ;).

Regardless, I like what that DLA5 brings.

View attachment 39264
Yeah I found the same thing nice and load on the plant then mellows after cure.
Heard from this Brazilian guy you have some pure afpak... jealous.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
While I liked the pure DLA5 it mostly went to hash. As far as flower smoke I think your crosses were better than the straight DLA5. Just my take.

Kinda funny on that Brazilian guy showing my cross as a pure AFPAK, don't hear about that strain much. I used Google translate to read his caption.

"Afpak, named after its direct heritage from Afghan and Pakistani territories, is a beautiful dominant indica hybrid with light green and deep bluish-purple leaves. The taste and aroma are floral with a lemon twist, making the inspiration light and smooth. Its effects begin in the stomach activating the appetite. There is also a powerful relaxation that begins in the head and face and gradually sinks into the body. Enjoy this tension if you are suffering from stress, mild physical discomfort or difficulty eating.

Note: Your flowering happens from 7 to 9 weeks."

It's on the internet...must be true...Right?

Rosinallday

Super Active Member
While I liked the pure DLA5 it mostly went to hash. As far as flower smoke I think your crosses were better than the straight DLA5. Just my take.

Kinda funny on that Brazilian guy showing my cross as a pure AFPAK, don't hear about that strain much. I used Google translate to read his caption.

"Afpak, named after its direct heritage from Afghan and Pakistani territories, is a beautiful dominant indica hybrid with light green and deep bluish-purple leaves. The taste and aroma are floral with a lemon twist, making the inspiration light and smooth. Its effects begin in the stomach activating the appetite. There is also a powerful relaxation that begins in the head and face and gradually sinks into the body. Enjoy this tension if you are suffering from stress, mild physical discomfort or difficulty eating.

Note: Your flowering happens from 7 to 9 weeks."

It's on the internet...must be true...Right?
That's a pretty accurate description of afpak. Berry flavor.
Pic of the af-pak mother.
IMG_2698.JPG
IMG_20180911_112920657.jpg