Anyone run bho???

smokieokie

Insanely Active Member
If it's still runny or too tacky for ya after the bubbles dissipate, throw it in freezer for few minutes. Hardens like shatter in no time.

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Looks good Green! I knew you could do it, but had to make sure the warning was there, lol. Plenty of people have blown up just trying to spray some 'tane.

Now you got to make sure it is purged all the way, butane is some nasty stuff
yea we didn't purge, that's actually what we're researching now!

IrocZ

Really Active Member
I've tried purging using alcohol and just heat. I much preferred heat only. Just enough heat to make sure all of the butane is gone. I found stirring with a Dremel tool to work quite well. Be careful here as well. The electric motor in the Dremel does create sparks. Too much Butane and...

Safety First!!!

quiescent

Super Active Member
If you have a burner on your stove you can set to warm it's super easy. Set your oil in something pyrex, I use a pie pan that I blast into. Get the water super hot, not boiling and let it cruise. If you can temp the water around 145-170 is ideal. It'll take at least an hour, maybe more to get it mostly purged.

Without a vacuum oven I don't think you can get everything out. This is serious shit man, purge it properly and completely. You're messing with other people's health. Having to even post this is why I suggested edibles.

Green_256

What's a SIP?
If you have a burner on your stove you can set to warm it's super easy. Set your oil in something pyrex, I use a pie pan that I blast into. Get the water super hot, not boiling and let it cruise. If you can temp the water around 145-170 is ideal. It'll take at least an hour, maybe more to get it mostly purged.

Without a vacuum oven I don't think you can get everything out. This is serious shit man, purge it properly and completely. You're messing with other people's health. Having to even post this is why I suggested edibles.
why would purging affect someone health? and I have been making Edibles for years, everyone asking for wax, so I'm trying trying learn and do it properly, but next run boss man will have a very expensive press, and doing everything by the book

Green_256

What's a SIP?
we only ran a small amount to experiment with, only have about 7 grams, this weekend will be the big runs, going to buy the stuff to purge or make a cheap vac purge tomorrow! it won't be a heat one. but in trying my best to do this the proper way! that's why I came here to you guys!

Green_256

What's a SIP?
few more pics of it dried, both are from the same stuff, first was ran very quickly, the more gold/yellow stuff was left to sit a tad longer!

can this still be purged? even tho I've froze it?CM190405-015725003.jpgCM190405-015650001.jpg

IrocZ

Really Active Member
The boiling point of butane is 30.2 degrees. Below this point butane will remain a liquid. Above this point it should be turning into a gas.

In theory it would all turn into a gas at room temp, but the "wax" is sticky and gooey and traps the bubbles of butane in it. These bubbles can be microscopic, because the butane is mixed throughout the product. Vacuum purge, heats the wax so it is fluid enough to let the butane escape, along with decreasing pressure, also making it easier for the butane to escape.

Heating to melt the wax and stirring with the dremel was the diy way I used. Bad idea if there is a lot of butane left in the wax. But the stirring agitates it to let the forming butane bubbles evaporate out. It most likely does not remove all butane. I believe vacuum purging at temp is the only way to get 99% out.

Waxman420

Lol been making bho for 25 years its hilarious at all the missinfo . Freezing only pushes the pause button . Dremel really? Are you trying to trap hydrocarbons? Wax can be made without vac 90-110 f heatmat flipping once bubbles are uniform roughly 10 to 20 times.

I own a 1lb cls + 1.9 cf oven you cant make chicken soup outta chickenshit.

You can make a half decent trim run shatter if processed correctly but imo too much time and effort for to little of return unless you fully winterize it will wax up on its own over time and taste like hell.

Shit larf or old powdered trim is best suited for Iso or butane extraction then decarb then edibles .

Sorry rosin ppl Bho wins hands down the extracts are done cold all the terps and cannabinoids are preserved.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Lol been making bho for 25 years its hilarious at all the missinfo . Freezing only pushes the pause button . Dremel really? Are you trying to trap hydrocarbons? Wax can be made without vac 90-110 f heatmat flipping once bubbles are uniform roughly 10 to 20 times.

I own a 1lb cls + 1.9 cf oven you cant make chicken soup outta chickenshit.

You can make a half decent trim run shatter if processed correctly but imo too much time and effort for to little of return unless you fully winterize it will wax up on its own over time and taste like hell.

Shit larf or old powdered trim is best suited for Iso or butane extraction then decarb then edibles .

Sorry rosin ppl Bho wins hands down the extracts are done cold all the terps and cannabinoids are preserved.
I kinda like your point of view here