Anyone Remember These Guys?

Romeo Scragg

I probably have enough of their seeds to pop a couple every month for life. I read that they were bought by a big Japanese corporation a few years ago. And step by step they've changed everything until it's unrecognizable from who they were under mau. One by one their signature strains are disappearing and most people probably don't see that as huge loss but I do. There are exceptional phenos to be found in their aurora, ak, jock, ice, white widow and others. If anyone was interested you can still get those and more for $20 a pack at midweek song. I doubt they ever get restocked.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I probably have enough of their seeds to pop a couple every month for life. I read that they were bought by a big Japanese corporation a few years ago. And step by step they've changed everything until it's unrecognizable from who they were under mau. One by one their signature strains are disappearing and most people probably don't see that as huge loss but I do. There are exceptional phenos to be found in their aurora, ak, jock, ice, white widow and others. If anyone was interested you can still get those and more for $20 a pack at midweek song. I doubt they ever get restocked.
I'm looking for Blue Cheese, that's Blueberry x Cheese. No autos,I want something that I can clone over and over. Any ideas?

Romeo Scragg

I'm looking for Blue Cheese, that's Blueberry x Cheese. No autos,I want something that I can clone over and over. Any ideas?
Have you tried midweek song? If you don't mind international orders, they have a great selection of breeders. Get that blue cheese straight from Big Buddha the original.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
They are one of the oldest seed companies around.
I bought their White Widow many years ago along with others.
I believe they had the Shantibaba "Mr. Nice" Seeds White Widow.
Rumor has it, Arjan from Greenhouse Seed had the "real" White Widow, Created by Ingemar of 'De Sjamaan Seeds'. I might still have 3 or 4 seed each of his Mystery Widow and Widow Skunk in their original packs around. White Widow is still one of my favorites.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They are one of the oldest seed companies around.
I bought their White Widow many years ago along with others.
I believe they had the Shantibaba "Mr. Nice" Seeds White Widow.
Rumor has it, Arjan from Greenhouse Seed had the "real" White Widow, Created by Ingemar of 'De Sjamaan Seeds'. I might still have 3 or 4 seed each of his Mystery Widow and Widow Skunk in their original packs around. White Widow is still one of my favorites.
I have an assortment of the Mr. Nice seeds to go through shortly. Most of the ones I have are different mixes of NL, Haze, Afghan and Skunk. Without the strain names, here's the catalog description of the lineages:
  • Mango Haze x Afghan Skunk "sativa leaning hybrid"
  • A selection including Skunk, NL, Haze, and Afghan.
  • Early Pearl with Skunk #1
  • Mullumbimby Madness x Black Widow
  • NL/Haze/Skunk x Brazilian/South Indian
  • 75% Skunk 25% NL5 Haze
  • 25% Afghan, 25% Skunk, and 50% Haze
  • Master Kush side of strains. Bringing the double Haze male
I only have 4-6 of each but it's definitely "clone just in case" stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think Shanti bred the Widow when he worked with someone, but they released the seeds as White Widow, but he left and took the moms. Then his releases were Black Widow - or something like that.

Romeo Scragg

I think Shanti bred the Widow when he worked with someone, but they released the seeds as White Widow, but he left and took the moms. Then his releases were Black Widow - or something like that.
Shanti made the original white rhino too. After he left greenhouse he renamed it medicine man. Over the years I've grown medicine man, white rhino from greenhouse, white label, and many packs from Nirvana. None have come close to that original freak I had. It was well known locally. The people who loved it just called it "the good shit" people who didn't love it because it was too strong called it " the party killer" because you could light up a j at a loud rowdy party and watch the silence spread through the crowd.

Last edited:

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
A friend orderd a ton of Narvanna gear from Barneys early 2000's. His chickens ate all his seedlings in one day. He gave me a half pack of Nirvanna Ice, it won Cannabis cup or something... all we got was Hermies! Oh and an Northern lights auto that yielded almost a 1/4 oz!

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Shanti made the original white rhino too. After he left greenhouse he renamed it medicine man. Over the years I've grown medicine man, white rhino from greenhouse, white label, and many packs from Nirvana. None have come close to that original freak I had. It was well known locally. The people who loved it just called it "the good shit" people who didn't love it because it was too strong called it " the party killer" because you could light up a j at a loud rowdy party and watch the silence spread through the crowd.
Arjan said it was Ingemar that created the White Widow.
Shanti created Black Widow.
But who knows what these seed companies are selling today. 90% is social media hype anyway. They're all just seed from a seed from a bunch of seed.
Like I've said before, the next big cup winner will most likely come from bag seeds. Most due for some reason. lol

Romeo Scragg

Arjan said it was Ingemar that created the White Widow.
Shanti created Black Widow.
But who knows what these seed companies are selling today. 90% is social media hype anyway. They're all just seed from a seed from a bunch of seed.
Like I've said before, the next big cup winner will most likely come from bag seeds. Most due for some reason. lol
Shanti took the white widow parents that Arjan had when he left he just changed the name to Black widow. He did the same thing with the white rhino parents and called it medicine man. Was what I read on the internet so it must be true.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Shanti took the white widow parents that Arjan had when he left he just changed the name to Black widow. He did the same thing with the white rhino parents and called it medicine man. Was what I read on the internet so it must be true.
There's lots of old stories out there and rumors and conspiracies tied to most of them.
Like where the Lemon Skunk came from that went in to GHS Super Lemon Haze?

BREWTUS

Cheers
When I first started out I received some nirvana white widow auto beans as freebies. I didn't care for them at all. The grow was easy, but just the terps and overall appeal were undesirable imo. I think I might still have them somewhere in my freezer

Last edited: