Anyone Remember These Guys?

StonedAgeGrower

That's crazy!!! I remember back in the day Nirvana being the brand that always had the knock off beans of the more popular Euro Seedbanks for much cheaper. AK 48 instead of AK-47, Jock Horror instead of Jack Herrer, Shiva instead of Shiva Skunk etc.

Grew some of their stuff ages ago and it was ok, but nothing I'd pay those prices for 👎

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interestingly enough, I dropped 4 of the above beans (one each) and got a girl from every pack first try. That is another thing that these people need to realize or they'll be playing the replacement game or just pissing people off.

A cheap short pack of regs is great to get people to try your stock, or buy several different crosses for the price of a big pack. This makes sense in todays market. 3-packs of fems as well. But that all comes down to the breeder having confidence that in offering you this little pack of beans for very little profit his name doesn't get scratched off your "buy more" list.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Anyone remember Nirvana Seeds? Jfc, look at their homepage. Sad to see them go that way. I used them for my first ever grow a few years ago. Apparently these are special American prices.View attachment 101646View attachment 101647
I ran Nirvana for the first time back probably 11 years ago. Wasn’t horrible but I was new too. Ran their Skittlez last year and I was not impressed at all. I got em really cheap on the 4th of July they had their “American Strains” on sale. I see now they ship from the U.S. I wouldn’t waste my time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I ran Nirvana for the first time back probably 11 years ago. Wasn’t horrible but I was new too. Ran their Skittlez last year and I was not impressed at all. I got em really cheap on the 4th of July they had their “American Strains” on sale. I see now they ship from the U.S. I wouldn’t waste my time.
"Shipping from" ain't the killer if they have good beans. ILGM shipped from overseas, then set up shop here with distribution centers so American orders wouldn't get snagged at customs. If their beans were good it would be a good marketing strateguy.

Interestingly enough, I dropped 4 of the above beans (one each) and got a girl from every pack first try. That is another thing that these people need to realize or they'll be playing the replacement game or just pissing people off.

A cheap short pack of regs is great to get people to try your stock, or buy several different crosses for the price of a big pack. This makes sense in todays market. 3-packs of fems as well. But that all comes down to the breeder having confidence that in offering you this little pack of beans for very little profit his name doesn't get scratched off your "buy more" list.
If I was a breeder I would never sell a pack of regulars that didn't have a high enough seed count to ensure the customer gets a female that represents(let me see it) whatever the description says that cultivar should be. That would be a surefire way to make my do not try again list.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
"Shipping from" ain't the killer if they have good beans. ILGM shipped from overseas, then set up shop here with distribution centers so American orders wouldn't get snagged at customs. If their beans were good it would be a good marketing strateguy.
Yeah I just don’t think they are all that myself. N hated that they flaunted USA strains that were not like the Originals. Before they set up shop here

D

Deleted member 60

Aurora Indica was the only thing they had that ever turned my head.....but it wasn't turned enough to actually go through the hassle of ordering across the pond/etc. The Gypper soured me on that exercise. About 1/2 the orders never got here.....but @ the time I was rollin hard and the $$$ weren't the focus....so I ordered multiple times from him even though he was a rip off/things seems to always "get lost". Was fun to go to his store in A-Dam while on vacation over there and demand....and get.... a refund of the cash I had just sent him that he tried to jack from me. If I wouldn't have been there in person...it would have been another loss. Fun stuff. "Clowns". Fortunately Karma is still in play. That guy got his shit ate in jail for a bit there..... LOL. Ooops.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Aurora Indica was the only thing they had that ever turned my head.....but it wasn't turned enough to actually go through the hassle of ordering across the pond/etc. The Gypper soured me on that exercise. About 1/2 the orders never got here.....but @ the time I was rollin hard and the $$$ weren't the focus....so I ordered multiple times from him even though he was a rip off/things seems to always "get lost". Was fun to go to his store in A-Dam while on vacation over there and demand....and get.... a refund of the cash I had just sent him that he tried to jack from me. If I wouldn't have been there in person...it would have been another loss. Fun stuff. "Clowns". Fortunately Karma is still in play. That guy got his shit ate in jail for a bit there..... LOL. Ooops.
I guess I was lucky I never got one nipped but many times it took months sometimes it would sit in customs in NY for weeks which always made me sweat until they started moving again but then I worried that someday they would be delivered by a fed lol I didn't know any USA seed banks back then and I lived in nowhere land and hardly anyone knew I grew there was the occasional trade of seeds or clones but those were some fun times! $100 1/4s flew out of the backpack

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
That's crazy!!! I remember back in the day Nirvana being the brand that always had the knock off beans of the more popular Euro Seedbanks for much cheaper. AK 48 instead of AK-47, Jock Horror instead of Jack Herrer, Shiva instead of Shiva Skunk etc.

Grew some of their stuff ages ago and it was ok, but nothing I'd pay those prices for 👎
Yep, for a while back then my personal smoke was Jock Horror, I totally loved that for skiing.

Romeo Scragg

In 2004 I discovered the strongest marijuana in the known universe, a true freak of nature, inside a $15 pack of White rhino. I managed to hold onto it for a few years but ultimately killed it. Been looking for her ever since but she is gone. Over the years I've been through a lot of duds, found a few exceptional jock horrors and ak-48's but I ain't never seen nothing like that white rhino. Nowhere. It was fun to search when they were the cheapest in the game but now I'm done. It was nirvana as much as anything else that convinced me to pay the damn high price for lucky dog. If you're gonna pay top dollar......

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Anyone remember Nirvana Seeds? Jfc, look at their homepage. Sad to see them go that way. I used them for my first ever grow a few years ago. Apparently these are special American prices.View attachment 101646View attachment 101647
I bought a lot of Nirvana seeds back in 2001. They were known for their Papaya and Skunks. They were in the loop and were very cheap.
So much has changed in 20 years. I doubt if I will ever buy any more seeds, unless it is older genetics.
I bought that White Rhino they were selling too.