Anyone had herm issues with regular seeds?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have 4 plants (2 different strains of CBD) in the beginning of week 3 of flower and I just found pollen sacs on all 4 plants. I didn't do much with the plants, other than water them for the last week and a half because I've been sick, so they didn't get pruned as promptly usual. That, and the high humidity here lately, caused the humidity to run a little higher than usual but it wasn't way out of control (average of 65% @ 80° through that time frame). I'm growing these plants my usual way...topped/manifolded, fed organic dry fertilizer (Roots Organics), and watered via blu-mats. The only thing I changed up is I started giving the plants some recharge once a week to boost the soil life.
bxozIWF.jpg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
My first grow was using Sweet n Sour regs from Federation, and was destroyed by nanners.

I didn’t know to look for them and ended up with three fully seeded plants.

Fuck.
The only thing I can think of is maybe these strains just stress out in higher humidity during flower? I was thinking about asking the breeder but I don't want him to think I'm blaming him, either. I just found it interesting that all 4 threw pollen sacs...I'm just hoping they weren't super fertile.

D

Deleted member 60

Well it isn't your fault. If the breeder says so...you need a new seed source. That shit is total crap. You grow forever...no problems...then you bring in _________'s genetics and you see hermies...

"grower error". LOL. Nope. Fuckhead with an ego error. Case closed.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Well it isn't your fault. If the breeder says so...you need a new seed source. That shit is total crap. You grow forever...no problems...then you bring in _________'s genetics and you see hermies...

"grower error". LOL. Nope. Fuckhead with an ego error. Case closed.
The breeder hasn't blamed me for it. I haven't even brought it up to him yet.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Sounds like it's time for another breeders strain.
Can't see where any of those conditions should cause a plant to herm.
For me, only once with GPS Hibernate on my last grow. throwing out a couple harmless nanners right at the end.

20210713_080133-crop.jpg

Fems can throw em at a mere notion.
All 3 of my Lemon Tree S1 hermed on me this grow.....so I"m done with fems.
I've grown out quite a few regs in the last 10 years, yet to have a female kick out any nuts.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Never had a fem hermie on me yet, but I did have a black haze full blown, apparently heshe wanted outside and my tent is to small. It’s usually small stressors of some sort on your side, if not genetics. It’s amazing how some strains seem bulletproof and others finicky like a bitch

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Never had a fem hermie on me yet, but I did have a black haze full blown, apparently heshe wanted outside and my tent is to small. It’s usually small stressors of some sort on your side, if not genetics. It’s amazing how some strains seem bulletproof and others finicky like a bitch
how was the black haze?? Was it Cuban black haze?

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Mind pointing out some of the bulletproof strains.....sway me.
Nothing with lemon tree in it, I’ve seen reports of diff guys having trouble with them. I never have any probs with chem d, or triangle. Just grew out a NL dom strain from Strayfox, his Iraqi lights. Fire. Forgot how good NL can be. Had good luck with Clearwater, savage, some csi. Jme I’m sure I’ve forgotten some

Deez. Nutz

If
Sounds like it's time for another breeders strain.
Can't see where any of those conditions should cause a plant to herm.
For me, only once with GPS Hibernate on my last grow. throwing out a couple harmless nanners right at the end.

View attachment 100227

Fems can throw em at a mere notion.
All 3 of my Lemon Tree S1 hermed on me this grow.....so I"m done with fems.
I've grown out quite a few regs in the last 10 years, yet to have a female kick out any nuts.
I've made a few chucks with lemon tree, lt x cereal milk, lt x tangie, lt x kish, and a couple of others.

If you want to try any let me know.

Now1more

Super Active Member
Honestly, I skipped through the entire post. Yes, I've had issues this year. Can you say chemtrails? Lol. Just kidding. Or am I? I've had issues this year. Planted everything feminized. Out of 12, 3 went male. They were all Mass Medical, so take that for what it's worth. Others did pop seeds even though they didn't hermie persay.