Anyone had herm issues with regular seeds?

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
I would like to learn half of what your learning. Growing Cannabis supplies my medicine and has become my hobby. Genetics has been my passion until I get like 8 top shelf legendary strains in mega seed form. Then I will be happy that I will not see pollen on purpose again. Right now I have 5 batches in the oven. And I hope to be satisfied with at least 2 strains from my 5 in the oven. Then I would have 5 types of upper shelf genetics for my use. Now since you have much more experience in this field let me ask you about my theories about sexual purity of the parents? Is my assumption anywhere near correct in your opinion? Do hermies come from fems/hermie backgrounds. I've done stress test on strains I grow from trades and have abandon nice strains because I'm too lazy to grow a few generations in regular seeds to clean up the genetics. One of my sets of seeds in the oven is really nice fire genetics that is cleansing a fem grandma in the pile. I believe that I've learned that I can tell the general sexual history of a strain by trying to hermie a plant or two. If you have trouble getting it to hermie then it's clean enough to breed with, this is usually not the case even in some so called legit seed companies. But in the many months one strain review jumped through the hoops and one little plant surprised the hell out of me. I got it from a strain review where I had only 5 beans of so called Girl Scout Cookies, ya right I thought. I only have clones going but I'm working at seeding it. Almost everything died on me as I really got my butt kicked by Covid a couple months ago. But one little plant from the review died and gave a few great little blackish buds, great terpenes! This picture is a clone that lived my covid disaster, it took a rough ride mites and all. Now it's been healthy for a few weeks and will be smoked in a few weeks.
No, feminized seeds done correctly are not responsible for hermie traits, in the early days Soma used a different technique that is called rodelization, it’s actually a process that happens near the end of the plants life cycle that hasn’t been fertilized. But by simply blocking the ethylene paths you will arrive at the same place, the reason that a lot of genetics possess the hermie trait is because they bred for it back in the day to get feminized pollen. If a strain hermies and you really like it, and it’s just your own head stash there are ways to finish it without it seeding itself.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
No, feminized seeds done correctly are not responsible for hermie traits, in the early days Soma used a different technique that is called rodelization, it’s actually a process that happens near the end of the plants life cycle that hasn’t been fertilized. But by simply blocking the ethylene paths you will arrive at the same place, the reason that a lot of genetics possess the hermie trait is because they bred for it back in the day to get feminized pollen. If a strain hermies and you really like it, and it’s just your own head stash there are ways to finish it without it seeding itself.
This technique is definitely passing on hermie traits. A female that don't hermie even after she is dead and dried up in the pot is one I would use. Definitely not one that throws late balls or balls under stress

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
This technique is definitely passing on hermie traits. A female that don't hermie even after she is dead and dried up in the pot is one I would use. Definitely not one that throws late balls or balls under stress
I have a Soma Somango that throws hermies at the end of its cycle.