Anyone down for a " Solo Cup Challenge " ???

This sounds like fun! Oh what the hell, I'm in 🤘
Only thing is, we don't have those american red party cups in my country. I've read others suggesting 16-18 oz but that is a measure of weight not volume so I didn't really understand... like if I go to the store what should I be looking for?
Something in the same realm of those red party cups? A solo cup is something like 2-3 inches wide by 6 inches tall. Sorry, hope this helps.

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
Only thing is, we don't have those american red party cups in my country. I've read others suggesting 16-18 oz but that is a measure of weight not volume so I didn't really understand... like if I go to the store what should I be looking for?
You are looking for a 16 fl oz or 18 fl oz cup. Not sure what size everyone wants. Hopefully you can find a cup or container that lists the fluid ounces.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There are ounces for weight and fluid ounces for liquid volume. 16 fl oz is a pint, or about 500ml

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
@Tvanmunhen I never used coco before so I don't feel prepared, more so in a party cup as my first coco grow 😝
I'll stick to my faithful soil ✌ I should have enough BioBizz LightMix lying around for this one 🌱
Sounds like a good plan. I thought your Bangi Haze was in coco using Bio Grow and Bio Bloom. That Mainline is producing some impressive spears, great work friend!
If the contest allows I may try 3 methods.I have never flowered in such a small container and I would prefer to have 3 plants to kill. :ROFLMAO:

Millo

Cannabis Lover
Sounds like a good plan. I thought your Bangi Haze was in coco using Bio Grow and Bio Bloom. That Mainline is producing some impressive spears, great work friend!
If the contest allows I may try 3 methods.I have never flowered in such a small container and I would prefer to have 3 plants to kill. :ROFLMAO:
I don't see why not, as long as they are all in solo cups ( or similar ). The more the better right? ;)

Yeah I'm also thrilled at how nice she's growing. I still use bio grow & bio bloom just paired with the lightmix soil. I am sure that a talented coco grower could pull off the same result if not better - but watering everyday, maybe even multiple times a day in coco is impossible for me. So just sticking to soil 👌

Edit: tomorrow is diary update day. I shall post a pic over here asking for opinions, on how long she's got before chop chop time :devilish:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm actually with @Millo on the pots. Solo cups are great, but they're tall and skinny. I'd rather have more surface area for feeder roots and top dressing and less tap-root room since the bitch ain't gonna find water anyway ;)

Having a constant solo cup thread would accomodate the fact thaat no one's plants would finish at the same time anyway, but there probably needs to be a jump-start or kick-off to get it going and populated.

Instead of prizes, just have a leader board like on an arcade game. Top plant at the moment gets a sticky on the first page of the thread, with as much description as possible, then anyone can knock them off by group vote?

That last bit is a stoner idea up for re-worrking but with possibilities.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There would have to be minimum requirements for making the cover page though so it's not a constant voting thread.