Anyone down for a " Solo Cup Challenge " ???

Like the title says....
The grow starts and finishes in a Solo Cup. That simple. Participants all agree on the rules and off we go. The site Chucker's does not offer any prizes or rewards to the winner but maybe contestants can all figure something out and someone can throw a random something in. Possibilities are endless. So, if you think this is for you or you want to follow along, here we are.

I may be interested depending on when everyone wants to start. I have not grown from seed to harvest in a solo cup sounds challenging and fun.
I have done a few. They are fun but actually require more attention. Frequent feeding and waterings when further along in the grow. I have even grown out of shot glasses. See how many people join and we can go from there. Figure to let everyone make up flip dates and so on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess I would need to get those. What an awesome reason to buy seeds!
I am done buying for a long while, but I always seemed to get auto's as freebies. Guess they're trying to push the genre now that the genetics are better than they used to be. I have one advertised as a 100 day auto - no idea if that's good or not. But it shows people are picking directions and BREEDING towards them. I do like that with autos you can't just randomly breed some. It takes some effort and there are no clone-only autos being passed around and bred to everything and it's brother by every breeder on the market.

I am done buying for a long while, but I always seemed to get auto's as freebies. Guess they're trying to push the genre now that the genetics are better than they used to be. I have one advertised as a 100 day auto - no idea if that's good or not. But it shows people are picking directions and BREEDING towards them. I do like that with autos you can't just randomly breed some. It takes some effort and there are no clone-only autos being passed around and bred to everything and it's brother by every breeder on the market.
That...all of that.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
How big of a solo cup and does the media have to start full or can participants fill halfway and fill in as the seedling grows?

I wish I had some auto seeds but I'm done buying for now also since I've made a bunch of seeds and haven't even popped all the flavors I've bought. (The exception will be new drops from CLG and Heisenbeans autos)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How big of a solo cup and does the media have to start full or can participants fill halfway and fill in as the seedling grows?
The standard is I think an 18oz Never heard of a restriction on the level of the dirt so I don't see why not. As far as auto's, you throw a photo bean in a solo cup and run it 12/12 from the start and it'll probably flower the same time as the auto.

My thing on running the auto's I have is finding a reason to drop some. I honestly don't prefer them. But I have them and they grow weed ;)

I wish I had some auto seeds but I'm done buying for now also since I've made a bunch of seeds and haven't even popped all the flavors I've bought. (The exception will be new drops from CLG and Heisenbeans autos)
Normal size. Most standard cups are 16oz ( maybe depends where you live too Not sure). Normally, it don't matter how you do it, as long as the full grow seed to harvest is within said cup.

The standard is I think an 18oz Never heard of a restriction on the level of the dirt so I don't see why not. As far as auto's, you throw a photo bean in a solo cup and run it 12/12 from the start and it'll probably flower the same time as the auto.

My thing on running the auto's I have is finding a reason to drop some. I honestly don't prefer them. But I have them and they grow weed ;)
Ya, if you start a photo and run it 12/12 from the rip, it would more than likely finish with most autos. I tried it before and it stayed much much smaller than photos with some normal veg time.

This is an older pic, but in it is a photo started from 12-12.
1657181999570.jpeg

If you can see below, for the most part, they all stayed pretty small and compact when they start under 12-12.
1657182083881.jpeg

And finally, the ones in the back compared to the front show 12-12 from start and ones with normal veg time.
1657182321085.jpeg