Anyone down for a " Solo Cup Challenge " ???

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I just got to looking at my Solo Cup and it is 18oz. I left it a few inches from the top so I think it is around 16oz with the amount of soil,Hydroton, perlite. I plan on bottom watering after thre roots hit the bottom so I will have a two inch deep20220824_192148.jpg20220824_192129.jpg saucer under it to add the water from the bottom. I soaked a Purple Punch S1 and a Black Zafiro. Both Heisenbeans.

D

Deleted member 2835

I'm actually with @Millo on the pots. Solo cups are great, but they're tall and skinny. I'd rather have more surface area for feeder roots and top dressing and less tap-root room since the bitch ain't gonna find water anyway ;)

Having a constant solo cup thread would accomodate the fact thaat no one's plants would finish at the same time anyway, but there probably needs to be a jump-start or kick-off to get it going and populated.

Instead of prizes, just have a leader board like on an arcade game. Top plant at the moment gets a sticky on the first page of the thread, with as much description as possible, then anyone can knock them off by group vote?

That last bit is a stoner idea up for re-worrking but with possibilities.
But what determines the top plant? Yield? Looks? Combination of both?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
But what determines the top plant? Yield? Looks? Combination of both?
I don't know, some kind of popularity vote for the new pic vs the current champ? It's something that could be perpetual instead of a contest with a start and end date. It's kind of why weed competitions where we can't all smoke and compare are pretty pointless. Pick a winner via instagam beauty while we all get stoned as fuck off the runner up...

So if there's no prizes other than bragging rights, you grow your cup when you have time and submit a pic as a contender for a vote?

I'm just spitballin' but you know the pic of the month went away because of all the bullshit it caused. The two tester-bean competitions have been spot on. Just a idea to try something different.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
I don't know, some kind of popularity vote for the new pic vs the current champ? It's something that could be perpetual instead of a contest with a start and end date. It's kind of why weed competitions where we can't all smoke and compare are pretty pointless. Pick a winner via instagam beauty while we all get stoned as fuck off the runner up...

So if there's no prizes other than bragging rights, you grow your cup when you have time and submit a pic as a contender for a vote?

I'm just spitballin' but you know the pic of the month went away because of all the bullshit it caused. The two tester-bean competitions have been spot on. Just a idea to try something different.
Both comps were awesome. My dream comp now would be a comp were everyone is growing the same strains for pain relief. 30 growers comparing notes after harvest about their individual experiences related to pain relief would be interesting to me and I might finally find a strain that works when smoked.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If anyone says they don't have the space, here's what I rigged up. I moved the auto into the 12/12 tent as soon as it was dome-free to keep her small. I have a bar light in here so the edges are not 'in the shadow's'.
IMG_2232.JPG
Rigged this holder up with a cut up piece of a plant tray.
IMG_2231.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
If anyone says they don't have the space, here's what I rigged up. I moved the auto into the 12/12 tent as soon as it was dome-free to keep her small. I have a bar light in here so the edges are not 'in the shadow's'.

Rigged this holder up with a cut up piece of a plant tray.

I like it HAF autos typically grow lanky main stems at least many I have grown your stayed nice and squat I used to think I was loosing weight if my plants were not 6ft tall lol but soon realized I was just growing big main stems

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I like it HAF autos typically grow lanky main stems at least many I have grown your stayed nice and squat I used to think I was loosing weight if my plants were not 6ft tall lol but soon realized I was just growing big main stems
I just like variety. I flip everything small and it mostly stays small. If I get 2oz per plant I call it a win. Less than that is cool too, but if I get fire I have to hope there's more in the pack. It needs to already be something I love for me to take clones. Like Chem91. I plan to have lots of fire popped one and done (hopefully) and I'll have stories. But I know that if there is something extra special and I can't buy more, the breeder is identified. If it was fire they likely kept stuff around to make more. If they don't and just chuck the latest craze it's probably not in my bank. It also means I like what that breeder selects for is I miss it that much.