Any of you guys here hunt?

Lurrabq

they help keep other nuisance animal numbers down as well as deer in some areas. They tend to be a pest to most but they are actually a beautiful creature
I will vehemently disagree. Hunted WV for 20 years. No coyotes when I started hunting, deer everywhere, then they 'import' coyotes and I rarely see a whitetail. Turkey numbers tanked. Fewer grouse.

Living in the west, I will say that's the absolute worst thing to do to a habitat. Becomes a desperate, predator dominated area with absolutely no wildlife except the birds. I've killed every coyote within range of what I'm carrying. Love dogs, hate coyotes!

Pardon the rant, but that strikes a deeply rooted nerve in me.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
I will vehemently disagree. Hunted WV for 20 years. No coyotes when I started hunting, deer everywhere, then they 'import' coyotes and I rarely see a whitetail. Turkey numbers tanked. Fewer grouse.

Living in the west, I will say that's the absolute worst thing to do to a habitat. Becomes a desperate, predator dominated area with absolutely no wildlife except the birds. I've killed every coyote within range of what I'm carrying. Love dogs, hate coyotes!

Pardon the rant, but that strikes a deeply rooted nerve in me.
i dont agree with moving predators to areas they dont naturally live but in their natural habitat they are beautiful same with wolfs i dont want any coyotes in my yard and ive killed my fair share of them myself but all things in nature have their place

Lurrabq

i dont agree with moving predators to areas they dont naturally live but in their natural habitat they are beautiful same with wolfs i dont want any coyotes in my yard and ive killed my fair share of them myself but all things in nature have their place
My big issue was introducing a non native predator. Everything has it's place in nature, I feel it was a huge mistake introducing them into a habitat with foxes already established.

Something that drastic can't be taken back. Another of our species 'oops we goofed again' moment.

Baron

Really Active Member
@Heisenbeans , hey partner, never been on riu so I don’t get the drama and I don’t want any part of it. I was just wondering how your hunt went. I know for me, being in nature has always eased my troubles and cleared my head. For me, it’s never been about the harvest, it’s about fellowship with friends and loved one. Sorry you came home to a mess, in my short time here I have found CP to be a community of support and kindness. Any way how did your hunt go, any new monsters at the taxidermist waiting to go on wall . ✌