About a pound

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hermis are everywhere now. I have a total of 4 right now.
Getting sick of these newer genetics.
Breeders have spread the shit everywhere.
From what I hear the landrace stuff is much worse, which is why almost no one is actually hunting through them and "the clone" is always held tightly.

I think some of the nice fruity sparkly new weed has lost potency because the absolute fire is attached to same gene in those plants with the vigor to try and live on no matter what. What new stuff has actually hung around? GSC (bagseed), Sour Deisel (multi-herm bagseed), Chemdog et.al. (bagseed), and the list goes on.

I think selecting away from the herms has selected away from a number of linked traits that have the herm as part of the deal if you want to smoke them. I think the skunk musk is a herm-linked trait. I think that amazing Chemdog buzz is a herm-linked trait.

Ain't nothing out there but bro-science on this so that's my theory. Do light leaks cause herms? Sure - but why in some strains and not in others in the same tent? The light leaks are one of a hundred stressors that might cause a herm-prone plant to toss nanners. And it might be a different stressor that hits certain groups of plants and not others. Maybe high/low humidity, too much or too little light, nutes, water, wind, etc.

Maybe with your growing style you only have issue with a stressor or two occasionally, and maybe those are stressors that hit one group of plants and not others.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
From what I hear the landrace stuff is much worse, which is why almost no one is actually hunting through them and "the clone" is always held tightly.

I think some of the nice fruity sparkly new weed has lost potency because the absolute fire is attached to same gene in those plants with the vigor to try and live on no matter what. What new stuff has actually hung around? GSC (bagseed), Sour Deisel (multi-herm bagseed), Chemdog et.al. (bagseed), and the list goes on.

I think selecting away from the herms has selected away from a number of linked traits that have the herm as part of the deal if you want to smoke them. I think the skunk musk is a herm-linked trait. I think that amazing Chemdog buzz is a herm-linked trait.

Ain't nothing out there but bro-science on this so that's my theory. Do light leaks cause herms? Sure - but why in some strains and not in others in the same tent? The light leaks are one of a hundred stressors that might cause a herm-prone plant to toss nanners. And it might be a different stressor that hits certain groups of plants and not others. Maybe high/low humidity, too much or too little light, nutes, water, wind, etc.

Maybe with your growing style you only have issue with a stressor or two occasionally, and maybe those are stressors that hit one group of plants and not others.
I think it was inexperienced growers or someone that just didn't give a fuck and took it as a good trait. I only had 2 hermis in almost 20 years and now I get 1 or 2 a run. My older genetics doesn't do this.
It's in them now and not much we can do but cull them or keep them separated.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Seriously? Damn, I'm at 7 weeks veg on my first landrace ever, was super hyped to flip her, now you made me preoccupied lol 😳
You know, majority of so called landrace is a hybrid of most likely Green House Seeds along with other breeders.
They traveled a good bit of the world looking for landrace and leaving their genetics behind for the farmers to grow.
So a person would be lucky to get "actual" landraces from that country.
It is how it is now a days.
As HAF said, you get this along with that in the breeding process.
I know the 2 "herms" I got from the past came from 2 of the best breeders in the world.
I don't know what the answer is to ridding the hermis from seed form.