2021 Mystery Pack Competition

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I finally decided to check ppfd with the Photone app and realized I've been running the lights a little on the dim side (around 310-320 ppfd) so I bumped them up another 10% to hit 500 ppfd. Will be interesting to see if I notice a difference in growth rate.
Mine have been looking a little lackluster so I dropped the lights about 6" - no app - same theory LOL

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Mine have been looking a little lackluster so I dropped the lights about 6" - no app - same theory LOL
I kept mine at the same height and bumped them to 55%. I've seen a lot of buzz about that app and it seems to work well as long as you put a piece of white paper over the camera to use as a diffuser. I tried it about a year ago and thought it was shit, because the numbers looked way off, but I didn't know to diffuse the light back then.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I kept mine at the same height and bumped them to 55%. I've seen a lot of buzz about that app and it seems to work well as long as you put a piece of white paper over the camera to use as a diffuser. I tried it about a year ago and thought it was shit, because the numbers looked way off, but I didn't know to diffuse the light back then.
I try to keep my lights steady so the room stays dialed in for temps. Raising and lowering doesn't mess with that.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Add some different spectrum below 4000, I put some 3000k cobs mixed in with the 5000 and seemed to fix the issues I was having with some strains that wanted to drop a node every quarter inch. They stretch out a bit. My plants will seem a little yellow but that's actually the low spectrum cobs.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Add some different spectrum below 4000, I put some 3000k cobs mixed in with the 5000 and seemed to fix the issues I was having with some strains that wanted to drop a node every quarter inch. They stretch out a bit. My plants will seem a little yellow but that's actually the low spectrum cobs.
Yeah, I've noticed tight spacing under these Grow Daddy LED lights. Don't have the same issue under the Samsung F-Strips I have in the 4x4.