2021 Mystery Pack Competition

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The purpose of the cover crop is to provide a living mulch layer that keeps the top layer of soil from compacting and drying out. From what I’ve learned, it doesn’t make much of a difference unless you are growing in large beds, but it looks nice and the plants people grow for cover don’t really compete for nutrients or have roots that get big enough to cause any issues to the plant. People grow clover as cover crops in their outdoor veggie gardens because it prevents the sun from baking the soil around the plants that aren’t large and full enough to shade the soil.
I haven't been messing with it on seedlings, but I have been going right from half-size cups straight to 5g and culling a male from there. Too many plants this time. I tried it on these just to have something going for the ones that make it.

If it works well it's an easier way to sort regs.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Last edited by a moderator:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Rearranged a bit to get somebetter group shots. I snipped each of the seed leaves and any shoots coming off that node. I'm doing little trees with no topping and short veg, so the next set of shoots will likely go soon since they rarely reach canopy level.
IMG_7849.JPG
IMG_7850.JPGIMG_7851.JPG
But I did top the mutant. The top was a lily-pad with no more growth possible, then a shoot started growing out of the side.
Now it's a sink-or-swim three top and will probably be the best smoke of the lot IMG_7852.JPG