2021 Mystery Pack Competition

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Glad they got a head start cause they gonna need it.....
Some of us still wait on beans to arrive. guess i will enter next comp.bought a camera that will up load to pc, just for this plus upgrade lighting ,no biggie, I will be ready for next comp.just culled 4 males out of this run .what i have in tent is strains from all over.not jj's comp beans.

Last edited:

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
So behind on pictures but here they are. Planted 3 of each of the 3 regs and 2 of the harlots. I have always used build a soil straight out of the bag for seed starting but the 2 harlots did not like that, it was a new bag and must have been hotter than most as the harlots may not make it so I have the last one going. All 9 of the regs seemed to not mind the BAS soil as they are up well. All 12 planted have sprouted and all but one are above ground.

contest.jpg

Might be one missing in picture still in tent I believe

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
So behind on pictures but here they are. Planted 3 of each of the 3 regs and 2 of the harlots. I have always used build a soil straight out of the bag for seed starting but the 2 harlots did not like that, it was a new bag and must have been hotter than most as the harlots may not make it so I have the last one going. All 9 of the regs seemed to not mind the BAS soil as they are up well. All 12 planted have sprouted and all but one are above ground.

View attachment 102665

Might be one missing in picture still in tent I believe
watching them grow ,i love it.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Some of us still wait on beans to arrive. guess i will enter next comp.bought a camera that will up load to pc, just for this plus upgrade lighting ,no biggie, I will be ready for next comp.just culled 4 males out of this run .what i have in tent is strains from all over.not jj's comp beans.
Damn! Thats blows! I cant wait to see some pics of the new setup!! A badass light u got there homie!!

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Damn! Thats blows! I cant wait to see some pics of the new setup!! A badass light u got there homie!!
What defines a bad ass light? They all do about the same. Drive amps converted to watts that throws out light to make plants grow. To much light without a proper environment and skills to grow results in super deficiencies, not enough light and plants burn up. I see so many lights for sale all with promises to grow the best but they are using the same meanwell drivers, diodes and same old shit. I have cobs I can drive up to 2.7 amps to output 120 watts per cob. 15 cobs on a 4x5 footprint is upwards of 2000 watts. Overkill in any situation. The tech imo is all about the same.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
What defines a bad ass light? They all do about the same. Drive amps converted to watts that throws out light to make plants grow. To much light without a proper environment and skills to grow results in super deficiencies, not enough light and plants burn up. I see so many lights for sale all with promises to grow the best but they are using the same meanwell drivers, diodes and same old shit. I have cobs I can drive up to 2.7 amps to output 120 watts per cob. 15 cobs on a 4x5 footprint is upwards of 2000 watts. Overkill in any situation. The tech imo is all about the same.
Riiiiiight

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Do special lights emit some sort of fairy dust that makes plants grow in some epic proportions? Natural sunlight makes any sort of made made diode look stupid , and I've seen some fuked up outdoor grows. Glad we can agree the light is about 1/3 of the full setup.
I've never used cobs. I have a qb96 that is similar and cranks 240 watts! But ive heard that the penetration outside of directly underneath the cob, suffers. Any truth to that?
Do lights cause herms? Yes.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I've never used cobs. I have a qb96 that is similar and cranks 240 watts! But ive heard that the penetration outside of directly underneath the cob, suffers. Any truth to that?
Do lights cause herms? Yes.
Lights don't cause herms, improper puning does. A watt is a watt imo. I have used them all, cobs, cmh, strips, qbs, hps, all that shit will grow plants like weeds if everything else is dialed in. I personally think alot of growers put to much stock into lights and let the more important issues suffer. So many mediums to grow in, they all have some kind of advantage or disadvantage. I'm using 750 double ended hps right now and like them a lot. 2 of them on a 4x8 dimmed to 600 is giving me killer results.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
That I will do. I just did not want the soil to dry out too fast. Just was debating if I would have the dome over them, at least six of them. I would rather have a gentler transition to the dryer air.
I never cover mine with anything, so they never have to transition from one environment to another. Domes and high humidity is just for clones, IMO.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Lights don't cause herms, improper puning does. A watt is a watt imo. I have used them all, cobs, cmh, strips, qbs, hps, all that shit will grow plants like weeds if everything else is dialed in. I personally think alot of growers put to much stock into lights and let the more important issues suffer. So many mediums to grow in, they all have some kind of advantage or disadvantage. I'm using 750 double ended hps right now and like them a lot. 2 of them on a 4x8 dimmed to 600 is giving me killer results.
The difference is in the efficiency of some of the newer LEDs. Most COBs are garbage (unless you go with high end ones like Timber sells). The 480W of Samsung strips I run in my 4x4 have been getting me more than double the yield I was able to get from running 600W of COBs.