1920w and 1280w Monster Strip builds

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
I don't see why ppl are so amazed and worried about ppl having 2x 1k hps in a 5x5!

I'm doing it right now!!! as long as you have a good ac, and blow the air straight into the tent, there no worries!!! here's the proof!View attachment 2494View attachment 2495View attachment 2496View attachment 2497
Lol your a beast man.. A beast!!
Its not so much the HPS that worries me in that space, although it is a huge amount of light, but replacing it watt for watt with LED would worry me since they are so powerful..
As a side note one of my old buddys used to grow a single plant with 9 lights over it, 1000w hps in centre with 600s on all four corners and 400s in between, that was around 5x5 space too.
That was back in the days when big bud was still been grown.. lol now look what we get to grow out.. how far we've come ey!

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Lol your a beast man.. A beast!!
Its not so much the HPS that worries me in that space, although it is a huge amount of light, but replacing it watt for watt with LED would worry me since they are so powerful..
As a side note one of my old buddys used to grow a single plant with 9 lights over it, 1000w hps in centre with 600s on all four corners and 400s in between, that was around 5x5 space too.
That was back in the days when big bud was still been grown.. lol now look what we get to grow out.. how far we've come ey!
Not doing watt for watt. Building a 1280w light. It's not gonna replace 2 1khps. He never said he had two hps bulbs. It will do 5x5. But not gonna yield the same as 2k hps. Almost but not quite. It will equal to about 1600-1700w of hps. But not 2k. You dont think this is gonna yield with 2khps do you @Green_256

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Not doing watt for watt. Building a 1280w light. It's not gonna replace 2 1khps. He never said he had two hps bulbs. It will do 5x5. But not gonna yield the same as 2k hps. Almost but not quite. It will equal to about 1600-1700w of hps. But not 2k. You dont think this is gonna yield with 2khps do you @Green_256
the light your building now, is for a 4x8!!! the 5x5 is also in the same room, and also on a dedicated breaker, since I was drying in my 4x8, I threw my extra 1k into the 5x5 for shits and giggles, don't run the second one all the time, maybe just a few hours a day depending on temps outside!

no worries man. the light your working will be for the 4x8, and has nothing to do with my 5x5 or my hps! although I was running 1x 1k hps, in my 5x5, and the other was running half of my 4x8!

Green_256

What's a SIP?
are we on the same page? lol, last few post have got me confused I am high as hell though, so I'll try to be clear lol,

light your building now, is to run my 4x8 tent!

I also have 5x5 tent in the same room, it will be running a 1k hps, for now, until the next light build! but next up for me is veg lights, here's a few pics of my two room that I'm working with, 1 veg room, 1 flower room...

I hope this helps clear things up!

Attachments

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker

Sorry @WhyteWidow @Green_256 for confusing the situation , I ramble on when im high as fook. Whats in my head doesn't always translate to the screen well.

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
the light your building now, is for a 4x8!!! the 5x5 is also in the same room, and also on a dedicated breaker, since I was drying in my 4x8, I threw my extra 1k into the 5x5 for shits and giggles, don't run the second one all the time, maybe just a few hours a day depending on temps outside!

no worries man. the light your working will be for the 4x8, and has nothing to do with my 5x5 or my hps! although I was running 1x 1k hps, in my 5x5, and the other was running half of my 4x8!
Ok just makin sure. I got confused lol. Yes the 1280w will rock the 4x8. The two 1khps got me all confused. 1280w will be equivalent to about 1600-1700w hps. But not 2khps. Just making sure.

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Drivers en route today. Finally got word on the strips. Hes sending me delivery date today. I'm ready to get these up n running. Hes making me run behind. I have another 6 lights to build. And just added another from @Heathenraider hes getting one for a 3x3. That will be extremely efficient. And will be dimmed. That can be turned up and flower a 4x4 possibly even up to 4.5x4.5

I appreciate everyones orders for lights. I also work a regular job. Which makes it tough. Plus kids and a wife. If I keep getting orders. I may have to put the wife and a new baby on the back burner. But man I like tryna get her pregnant. But in my opinion 2 kids is enough. Already have a 6 year old boy. And 3 year old little princess. Who told just 5 mins ago she has boyfriend. So I'm guessing by the time shes 16 I'll b charged with murder and concealing a body lol.

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
but yes, I was kinda hoping to match the yield of 2x 1k hps, in a 4x8, using these lights, if it's close then I'm happy!
It may be really close to 2khps. In a tent. Once I get it together I'll be able to par map it and see what shes actually putting out. My 660 replaces 1khps. And those strips arent as good as what you guys are getting. It maybe close to 2khps. They are being run really soft. It will be dimmed to 1280w. Plus meanwell underrates their drivers. I should be over or close to 1300w. It will bleach the shit outta plants. If you crank it too much. Led is way different than hps light. You may have to adjust your sips recipe some.

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Drivers en route today. Finally got word on the strips. Hes sending me delivery date today. I'm ready to get these up n running. Hes making me run behind. I have another 6 lights to build. And just added another from @Heathenraider hes getting one for a 3x3. That will be extremely efficient. And will be dimmed. That can be turned up and flower a 4x4 possibly even up to 4.5x4.5

I appreciate everyones orders for lights. I also work a regular job. Which makes it tough. Plus kids and a wife. If I keep getting orders. I may have to put the wife and a new baby on the back burner. But man I like tryna get her pregnant. But in my opinion 2 kids is enough. Already have a 6 year old boy. And 3 year old little princess. Who told just 5 mins ago she has boyfriend. So I'm guessing by the time shes 16 I'll b charged with murder and concealing a body lol.
if you have to bury the body, just hmu! there is much better ways!

Green_256

What's a SIP?
More calcium, minerals and potassium. I'd add some gypsum, kelp and a tiny bit of alfalfa to your tubs now as a top dress so you're cooking with gas when they arrive.
thanks for the advise, I have all of that laying around, so I'll give it shot!!!

It may be really close to 2khps. In a tent. Once I get it together I'll be able to par map it and see what shes actually putting out. My 660 replaces 1khps. And those strips arent as good as what you guys are getting. It maybe close to 2khps. They are being run really soft. It will be dimmed to 1280w. Plus meanwell underrates their drivers. I should be over or close to 1300w. It will bleach the shit outta plants. If you crank it too much. Led is way different than hps light. You may have to adjust your sips recipe some.
as long as it's close I'm happy! never intended to blow away my hps, really just wanted to match them! seeing as most that run hid, usually would run 2x 600 hps, in a 4x8, then that's really my goal to beat! running 2x 1k hps, isn't very easy, and heat does become problematic depending on the weather outside! but I think these lights will do just fine!

but you are right, I will ha e to learn how to use them! not trying to have white tip plants lmfao, although it does look cool!

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
thanks for the advise, I have all of that laying around, so I'll give it shot!!!

as long as it's close I'm happy! never intended to blow away my hps, really just wanted to match them! seeing as most that run hid, usually would run 2x 600 hps, in a 4x8, then that's really my goal to beat! running 2x 1k hps, isn't very easy, and heat does become problematic depending on the weather outside! but I think these lights will do just fine!

but you are right, I will ha e to learn how to use them! not trying to have white tip plants lmfao, although it does look cool!
It will legit, and easily smoke two 600hps. And once you dial it in with your environment it may come close to yielding 2k worth of hps. Not that I grow super awesome or anything. But my 660 beats a 1khps by almost 15% it came out to like 14.78% more yield over 1khps single ended. So 1280 might be close to 2khps

Green_256

What's a SIP?
It will legit, and easily smoke two 600hps. And once you dial it in with your environment it may come close to yielding 2k worth of hps. Not that I grow super awesome or anything. But my 660 beats a 1khps by almost 15% it came out to like 14.78% more yield over 1khps single ended. So 1280 might be close to 2khps
yeah, I'm not very worried, I'm sure it will do great!