1920w and 1280w Monster Strip builds

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Whoop whoop!!!!!! Heatsinks have arrived. Drivers will be here Thursday. Framing will be here Wednesday or Thursday. Get it all together this week. Hopefully the strips come as well. Get them mounted. Then par test it. And ship it out. Gonna build both tmans and greens at the same time.....
IMG_20190401_110517_393.jpgIMG_20190401_110517_390.jpg

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Whoop whoop!!!!!! Heatsinks have arrived. Drivers will be here Thursday. Framing will be here Wednesday or Thursday. Get it all together this week. Hopefully the strips come as well. Get them mounted. Then par test it. And ship it out. Gonna build both tmans and greens at the same time.....
View attachment 2399View attachment 2400
this is exciting! when do you think the ship date will be? asking so I can get the rest if the cash to you before then! I'm still waiting on my dam wax! should be about 2-3 oz! I'm not too sure! anything over 2 oz I'll be happy with!

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
this is exciting! when do you think the ship date will be? asking so I can get the rest if the cash to you before then! I'm still waiting on my dam wax! should be about 2-3 oz! I'm not too sure! anything over 2 oz I'll be happy with!
I have no idea. Drivers will be here Thursday. Still waiting on tracking for the strips. To find out when they will be here. They are coming from overseas. Framing will be here Thursday-Friday. Heatsinks have to be wet sanded. To make sure they are true. For complete attachment on the thermal bed. If you have bubbles and bumps. It creates hot spots in the strip. And can cause thermal runaway. And ruin the strip. Then be wiped down with denatured alcohol. It's not just stick em to a piece of metal and throw screws in it. I have 100 strips to apply thermal tape too. Smoothly. Not all jacked up. If it was a small light 2-300w its not that big of deal. Theres gonna be alot current and 48v going through these strips. 1920w and 1280w these lights are gonna draw some current on both the AC side and DC side. My lights are warrantied. I make sure they are done right. Bc the last thing I wanna do is be replacing strips or drivers out my own pocket bc I cut corners. I've yet to replace anything on any light in 2 years of doing this and shipping to other people. I bend all the wire the exact same. Hinkshrink connections. Waterproof connections. You're not buying some throw together clunk of shit. I put my name on it. And my reputation is worth more to me than any amount of money. I wanna be the dude that has DIY lights that make Amare look like marshydro.....

Green_256

What's a SIP?
I have no idea. Drivers will be here Thursday. Still waiting on tracking for the strips. To find out when they will be here. They are coming from overseas. Framing will be here Thursday-Friday. Heatsinks have to be wet sanded. To make sure they are true. For complete attachment on the thermal bed. If you have bubbles and bumps. It creates hot spots in the strip. And can cause thermal runaway. And ruin the strip. Then be wiped down with denatured alcohol. It's not just stick em to a piece of metal and throw screws in it. I have 100 strips to apply thermal tape too. Smoothly. Not all jacked up. If it was a small light 2-300w its not that big of deal. Theres gonna be alot current and 48v going through these strips. 1920w and 1280w these lights are gonna draw some current on both the AC side and DC side. My lights are warrantied. I make sure they are done right. Bc the last thing I wanna do is be replacing strips or drivers out my own pocket bc I cut corners. I've yet to replace anything on any light in 2 years of doing this and shipping to other people. I bend all the wire the exact same. Hinkshrink connections. Waterproof connections. You're not buying some throw together clunk of shit. I put my name on it. And my reputation is worth more to me than any amount of money. I wanna be the dude that has DIY lights that make Amare look like marshydro.....
it's all good buddy, I'm not trying to rush ya, was just getting a time frame so I can prepare, since mine are flower only lights, I can have them in veg until it's time to ship! I really appreciate all the work your putting in! it's really no rush. I also just know I still owe ya a few dollars, so I was planning to have that all on full before your trying to ship out! but it's no rush at all buddy! I can easily leave a few girls I'm veg for extra time!

with the low profile fixture and the minimal amount of heat, they can get a lot bigger! so no worries here, I didn't mean to sound like I'm rushing at all!

Last edited:

Tman42

Insanely Active Member
And this is why I am so glad you are building my lights for me!

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
it's all good buddy, I'm not trying to rush ya, was just getting a time frame so I can prepare, since mine are flower only lights, I can have them in veg until it's time to ship! I really appreciate all the work your putting in! it's really no rush. I also just know I still owe ya a few dollars, so I was planning to have that all on full before your trying to ship out! but it's no rush at all buddy! I can easily leave a few girls I'm veg for extra time!

with the low profile fixture and the minimal amount of heat, they can get a lot bigger! so no worries here, I didn't mean to sound like I'm rushing at all!
Yeah I know man. I was jus letting ya know. Once I have everything and get all the thermal tape on it goes quick. Those two things take the longest. That tape is an absolute nightmare. Its super super sticky. And once it's down. That's its. No startovers. Especially if the strip is put down. Pulling em back off will destroy the strip. It really does suck lol. And the tape is really thin and flimsy. It's like a wet noodle. Lol

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Yeah I know man. I was jus letting ya know. Once I have everything and get all the thermal tape on it goes quick. Those two things take the longest. That tape is an absolute nightmare. Its super super sticky. And once it's down. That's its. No startovers. Especially if the strip is put down. Pulling em back off will destroy the strip. It really does suck lol.
lol, I have no idea what any of that is, lmfao sorry, I'm a complete dummy, when it comes to building lights, all I really know about is spectrums, color temps, and how well they grow lol! at least I'm good at testing and laying down reports lmfao

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
lol, I have no idea what any of that is, lmfao sorry, I'm a complete dummy, when it comes to building lights, all I really know about is spectrums, color temps, and how well they grow lol! at least I'm good at testing and laying down reports lmfao
The thermal tape is what connects the strip to the aluminum sinks. It's used in all types of electronics. Alot in computers. For the processing chip. They generate lots of heat. They also use thermal paste or grease, I dont like using either. I've used all 3. The tape works alot better. The tape let's the strip or chip cool at a certain rate. Like.in the strips some use copper as the thermal bed. Bc it dissipates heat quicker. Heat is the number one killer of leds. Inside those tiny diodes gets super hot when alot.of current run through it. It's a light emitting diode. Led. The cooler they run. The more efficient they are.

Green_256

What's a SIP?
The thermal tape is what connects the strip to the aluminum sinks. It's used in all types of electronics. Alot in computers. For the processing chip. They generate lots of heat. They also use thermal paste or grease, I dont like using either. I've used all 3. The tape works alot better. The tape let's the strip or chip cool at a certain rate. Like.in the strips some use copper as the thermal bed. Bc it dissipates heat quicker. Heat is the number one killer of leds. Inside those tiny diodes gets super hot when alot.of current run through it. It's a light emitting diode. Led. The cooler they run. The more efficient they are.
is that why you don't need any heat sinks?

Green_256

What's a SIP?
I was planning to maybe let you build some cobs to cover my 5x5, but that's much later down the road, next up I need veg lights! I wouldn't mind getting the one you posted if you haven't sold it by the time I have the cash!