13 HB cross strains phenol hunt for mothers.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Alright I'm done bouncing between extreme watering of these grodan cubes.
I finally have a solid and hammered down watering schedule for these HB seedlings
1. Grodan holds too much water for seedling that have successfully rooted in the 2" cubes do not over saturate the block once seedling is rooted. Allow 3-5 days between applying watering by hand only with a small shot glass as the watering container. 1 shot glass applied to root zone by hand for 2-3 weeks. 4th week increased size of nodal and canopy of seedling requires 2 shot glasses of watering
But by then your uppoted to 4" cube. Do not over water or under water your cubes!
Don,t Do IT!!! Seedlings will take however long they want... it's about what they want not what we think..........they want.

2. Should you over water your grodan cube immediately take actions. To remove the excessive water. I did this by up potting the 2" cubes to the 4" cubes but I did not soak the 4" grodan cubes I just got them semi wet air was still coming out. Set aside allow to drain then up potted 2" wet saturated cubes into the 4" cubes.

3. Immediate rescue of over soaked seedling in grodan cube!!! There was a post on thcfarmer that another grower found that if your cube gets saturated immediately place the soaked cube on top of a dry cube. He states in like 30 minutes the wicking and gravity removes all truly excessive water from the over water cube.

4. Keep light intensity within a reason in regards to heat exposure in your environment. That humidity and temp ratios should stay at least
65-73oF really not less than 50% humidity during the 3 & 4 weeks of seedling.
You can expect seedling stem thickening in transition of week 4.

5. HB seedling are fighters out the gate! I have both fortuna outdoor cbd strains
They are hardy outdoor growers and they are dwarfed as seedlings to HB genetics.
My seedlings have suffered from my trying to start in grodan instead of soil. They suffered from over watering the retention of moisture in grodan for baby seedlings is a instant stop growth for the plants for days if not week. But now with this info above you and I will never get back into that senario with seedlings. We have knowledge and proven rescue techniques and preventive watering measures for seedlings.

6. In seedling stage you should have nothing but distilled water truly. Walmart like .87 a gallon. Hand water only 1gallon at a time . You can obsess over setting up a
Black 4gallon bucket recirculating pump and airstone for your watering would not add any nutrients until 3rd week. Note... dyna gro uses nutrients to adjust ph of water. They have a transition feeding for seedling and clones. This seems more mindful and focused of seedling or clone root development. Just a thought .

7. By 4 th week it's light & CO2 bag time. Once you add this into your environment
Your gonna need a filter the girls do express themselves. Remember a slower airflow throughout the filter provides longer contact time to allow the charcoal to capture more odor particulates. Size filter for room /tent then speed control down the blower or size down 1 size for the blower but stay with the larger filter.
When girls are happy leaves transpires with seedlings. Roots need air less water more air. Hope this helps and enjoy your seedlings !

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
added a small space heater to the clone seedling mother's room keeping my
Lows at 59F highs 73.2F 40-51% rh swing. seedling in 4" grodan stacked still drying out 2nd or 3rd day. Over watering has easily push my seedling grow phase from 4 weeks to 6 weeks this is week 5 after seed drops.... nothing you can do but keep the environment good and let the plant come back😕

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Every seedling are starting lifting up the drooping canopys.
Had 6 plants in 4" grodan needed feeding the others are still heavy from past feeding none for them. Here is a little FYI i now understand
Stativa dominate heady high Cannabis plants take more water they derive close or on the equator region.
Indica dominate pain body relaxing high cannabis plant take less less water they derive most far away from the equator like 30 -40 degrees (high desert) root system is completely different leafing more efficient radiator systems.
Life is rough in my region away from the equator my regions weed is more indica (cbd) dominate

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Pillaging through the seedlings there are 4 moms which by another 2weeks I should take my first cuttings of clones. The list
Boda
Bridezilla
Rogue og kush
Topanga wedding
These 4 are in the first place running

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Took time today to remove all the stress damaged fan leaves and dried leaves with drooping stems from a few seedling which many are just getting to 3rd or 4th node structures.
Plants have not stretched at all being under the T5 300w has helped

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
strains which have been removed
Purple crash
Topanga stars
BODa
Purple cake#1
Topanga wedding
Rouge OG Kush
Space gorilla
GMO KUSH
These were beyond recovery. They all had good root expansion into the 2” grodan. But suffered From :
1.squeezed cubes into tray holding grid
2. over -handling cubes they lose shape.
3rd cubes no longer provide drainage
4th over Nutrient saturation adjusting Ph.
Here are pic of the slain soilders.

Attachments

GOMM

PICK YOUR OWN
strains which have been removed
Purple crash
Topanga stars
BODa
Purple cake#1
Topanga wedding
Rouge OG Kush
Space gorilla
GMO KUSH
These were beyond recovery. They all had good root expansion into the 2” grodan. But suffered From :
1.squeezed cubes into tray holding grid
2. over -handling cubes they lose shape.
3rd cubes no longer provide drainage
4th over Nutrient saturation adjusting Ph.
Here are pic of the slain soilders.
A moment of silence.....sorry bro I’m sick too

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
For the purpose of finding mothers I have to have success at multiple strains at once ... Heisen presented in the floraflex videos this success. His moms For seed production are growth driven by his hybrid method. Soil for moms seems to be the corrective and wise choice. . I will grow these existing plants out, take cuts put them in the rdwc. My NFT sluice tables are now modified with floraflex valve T’s & 1” pvc. Going forward all moms will be soil only starting from seed. Clones get the grodan.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
All icu strains were repotted from grodan to dirt 🤨☝🌱.
As I pulled the 4” grodan away from the 2” cube for inspection it all looked no differently than choosing to grow in fiberglass insolation. It was matting as well from being moist.
After seeing the roots on the ECSD S1
looking like death 💀 they were mush
at the ends. So I pulled by the stem straight up and all that weak dead crap stay in the cube. I was left with a structure of roots had the not look like deathly. A pic

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
All icu strains were repotted from grodan to dirt 🤨☝🌱.
As I pulled the 4” grodan away from the 2” cube for inspection it all looked no differently than choosing to grow in fiberglass insolation. It was matting as well from being moist.
After seeing the roots on the ECSD S1
looking like death 💀 they were mush
at the ends. So I pulled by the stem straight up and all that weak dead crap stay in the cube. I was left with a structure of roots had the not look like deathly. A pic
So for each all they rest I pulled by the stem removing a remaining good root structure and reported using roots organic microgreens and dyna grow transfer mixture . Ppm still around 220ppm ph 6.4 here are pics
If they make it out of icu the others will get the up potting as well

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
to use the grodan 2” cube straight to hydro no problem. Very short cycle as long as grower mistake does not impede growth cycle. If growth cycle is stalled you are compromised upon a spiraling downward return.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Ugh sorry man, that sucks you lost the plants. I really never had good success with RW and tossed all mine...I still have some new stuff around here that will never get used. I switched to riot rooters + hydroton in all hydro and never looked back.

How tall are you growing them for a mother hunt? Take a single clone off and send it right to flower?

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Ugh sorry man, that sucks you lost the plants. I really never had good success with RW and tossed all mine...I still have some new stuff around here that will never get used. I switched to riot rooters + hydroton in all hydro and never looked back.

How tall are you growing them for a mother hunt? Take a single clone off and send it right to flower?
I want to grow a new
Canopy, 12- 14 “ take clones then flowflex mom in flower. Holding clones with new roots is clean wtg. I have a purple cake she is busting out into the 4” cube hope the 4 others do as well. I can tell the roots are happy 😃 the plant express that Cannabis rich fragrances. The Topanga is just starting again to give off a slight fragrance . But nothing like when all 18 seedlings were happy some 3weeks in
Wow 😲 I sure miss that so does the wife.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Here’s pics of the 5 recovered which Looks so far that cuts for clones on each strain could be available in 2-3 weeks
Purple Cake ( pp x wedding cake)
Bridezilla. ( GG4 S1 x wedding cake)
Topanga canyon S1
BBC
GG4 S1
cuts from these will be a nice recovery.
I am getting ready to drop new seeds
To replace my lost seedlings and add the new offerings that HB hit us with on years end of 2019.

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Time to re-drop new replacement HB seeds S1 ,s and crosses that did not make it and add in all new 13 cross strains from nov dev HB 2019 drop, i’ll Even drop 2 more of the Cbd Strains to have a full go at it once more. A New batch of seedlings puts it at 35 or 38 🌱 seedlings just for HB’s strains and we have adub stuff as well so 2020 looks like a field of dreams & girls from 2019
Are gonna be providing some goodness up in smoke 💨😊🥰🌺

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
As I layout the inventory for dropping seed as required it weighed heavily upon my consideration perhaps I should only drop what I really think I may like the very best. Creme de la creme, a consortium of lavishly
Delight . Hmmmmm.
The seeds of happiness all staring back at me ...... chanting minions ....
Open..open...open... drop .. drop.. drop...

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
wow that's a heck of a spread! Hope you find something 🔥🔥🔥
Thanks I am sure we will. Yep I’m dropping those seedlings just gotta setup the seedlings trays and labels so o don’t have handling issues. Seeing my 5 mom plants I gonna keep the grodan starters and as soon as roots pop they are going in 4”cube... handled once and flow flex will feed top down all 4”cubes. 4” cube moms in 3x3 veg tray and add trays as required. The Bbc is in dirt the rest in pots I gave them a funeral and they are drying with the other in the box for a funeral pyre....
seed drop has highest priority.
Let’s get our funk on!!😊👍