Jedi's Junkyard

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
For realsies? Why is it so friggin purple?!
It’s actually more pink than purple to the naked eye (the bud)
I get a lot of cool colours with cmh and the cree cobs. I have different many lights and spectrums.
when a plant does not receive massive amount of P I’ve found more genetic expression. (Some strains stay green even in my tent)
My grow gets pretty cold during lights out for a few hours a day when the veg light is off for a couple hours. This factors into the purple. Especially the leaves.
honestly tho, its all you bro. Genetics are factor #1 for this kind of thing I’ve found 👏

SCJedi

Synergist
It’s actually more pink than purple to the naked eye (the bud)
I get a lot of cool colours with cmh and the cree cobs. I have different many lights and spectrums.
when a plant does not receive massive amount of P I’ve found more genetic expression. (Some strains stay green even in my tent)
My grow gets pretty cold during lights out for a few hours a day when the veg light is off for a couple hours. This factors into the purple. Especially the leaves.
honestly tho, its all you bro. Genetics are factor #1 for this kind of thing I’ve found 👏
I should post a few more of what I refer to as the "fuschia" color of the Nigerian Sunshine BMR leaner. I was really surprised the first time I grew it out in cooler fall-like weather. It is really has a bright pink hue. Great job running these gems! Give us a smoke report once she has cured a bit!

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
I should post a few more of what I refer to as the "fuschia" color of the Nigerian Sunshine BMR leaner. I was really surprised the first time I grew it out in cooler fall-like weather. It is really has a bright pink hue. Great job running these gems! Give us a smoke report once she has cured a bit!
Will do boss. Got one more bodega x Nigerian here left
87921D11-6F25-44DF-8E5B-3C713614C8B2.jpeg
she was slow.. now she’s hungry af and looks like she wants to yield.. women.. always changing their minds 😝
I have one in jars that still needs a smoke report. Then we’ll smoke up on pinky stinky there lol. Can’t wait
So excited I’ll have to jam to this classic album
98496602-F96A-4AE8-B12C-D5C8D3AB10D4.jpeg

SCJedi

Synergist
Well, today I am finally getting around to cleaning the Blackwater. I know that it micropropagates in 0.5 micromoles of TDZ but this is an experiment to see if it works in 0.5 micromoles of meta-topolin.

I also used samples from two different plants, one indoors and one outdoors. You can clearly see the difference. There are ten samples and all I need is one to make it.

View attachment 36976View attachment 36977View attachment 36979View attachment 36981
As I had imagined a lot of these plantlets had mold in them. No wonder she struggles. I am looking at about 80% of contamination today.

If these fail 100% I will dump, rinse clean, and pressure cook up some TDZ with PPM to prevent this kind of shit from happening. PPM (Plant Preservative Mixture) is a biocide that prevents molds and mildews from destroying whole batches of TC transfers. This is the fun part of science...figuring out what works and what doesn't.

SCJedi

Synergist
OK, here is what I have packaged and up for grabs so far. Send a PM if you want some FREE seeds.

Bodega Bubblegum x Nigerian Sunshine (10+ seeds) - 21 pucks
Nigerian Sunshine #2 x Goji (20+ seeds) - 23 pucks
Nigerian Sunshine #1 x Granny Skunk (10+ seeds) - 16 pucks
Nigerian Sunshine #2 x Granny Skunk (10+ seeds) - 35 pucks
Nigerian Sunshine #2 x Granny Skunk (50 seeds) - 4 pucks

NS #2 is the Blue Moon Rocks pheno that I keep posting pictures of that has fuchsia calyxes indoors and light lavender coloring outdoors unless exposed to cold where it darkens dramatically. NS #1 is a different pheno that a local friend prefers. It stays green and doesn't have the BMR coloring influence. It is an uplifting, non-anxiety inducing old school smoke. Both are good yielders and go 65-73 days. (I personally prefer the latter end of that timeline and let mine ride to 72ish)

Also, when I was cutting plantlets for the Blackwater tissue cultures yesterday I noticed that the outdoor version had a mystery pollen donor. I will toss in a Blackwater x Mystery Box pack in for a few folks too since I have about 50 seeds. Since it sat out there for months and months in I-don't-give-a-fuck mode it could be one of a variety of males. Blueberry Muffin x GSC, Granny Skunk, Goji OG, or 88g13HP.

Anyone that has been following along knows that Blackwater is my primary keeper and I have had it for many years. This cut is originally from Cali Connection's Blackwater (regs) which is Mendo Purps x SFV OG Kush IBL.
I still have TONS of these left. Anyone that hit me up has some on the way already. If you are a Canadian just hang tight as they are on the way.

If you didn't get any and still want to send me a pm and we can get you set up.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
As I had imagined a lot of these plantlets had mold in them. No wonder she struggles. I am looking at about 80% of contamination today.

If these fail 100% I will dump, rinse clean, and pressure cook up some TDZ with PPM to prevent this kind of shit from happening. PPM (Plant Preservative Mixture) is a biocide that prevents molds and mildews from destroying whole batches of TC transfers. This is the fun part of science...figuring out what works and what doesn't.
I can barely get a clone to root. LMaO.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN

How are you sterilizing your plant material?
Off the cuff I think I was using 15%bleach for 15 min. Dunk in H2o2 then to sterile water.
I think I remember seeing lots of stock. Maybe try a growing top?

SCJedi

Synergist
Nope. Never heard of it! Got a link?
>>>>Checklist<<<<
-Ez-Cloner
-T5 Fluorescent Lighting
-Permaclone collars or brand new neoprene collars (only permaclone should be reused)
-RO Water
-Gloves
-Sterile brush and scissors (I use a tooth brush)
-Bleach
-UC Roots (STERILIZING AGENT)
-Clonex cloning solution (NUTRIENTS)
-Hormex liquid (ROOTING HORMONE)
-PH equipment

>Initial Cleaning Step: (only if you've had cloner issues)<
- If you've experienced brown roots or stem/Pythium - using gloves, disassemble the cloner + pump entirely. Use brush to scrub each piece with a mixture of hot Water and ~5ml/gal bleach. Reassemble. This should only have to be done once in a blue moon.
>Standard Cleaning Step (repeat every time before taking cuttings)<
- Rinse Permaclone collars in hot water to remove any debris. Place rinsed collars back in cloner
- Fill cloner with mixture of hot water and 5ml/gal bleach. Run for 8 to 12 hours. Drain
- Fill with tap water and rinse for 2 minutes. Drain
- Remove Permaclone collars and sterilize using any of the Permaclone methods. (microwave/pressure cooker/etc.)
- Place sterilized collars back in cloner with gloves. Cloner is ready for use now.

>STEP 1<
- Fill with RO water from sterile reservoir
- Add 2-3 mL/gal Hormex
- PH to 6.0 using a clean calibrated PH probe. (I sterilize with rubbing alcohol and Q-tips but bleach works too)
- Turn cloner on
- Add 10 mL/gal UC Roots
- Let run for 15 minutes

>STEP 2<
- Wearing gloves, Take big clones with roughly 6 to 8 nodes on top. More nodes untrimmed = more natural auxins produced. Make the initial cut ~1/2" below a node
- Clean up lower stem roughly 2-3"
- No need to trim leaves/scrape stem/split stem in half
- Place all cuts in cups with mixture of RO water and 20mL/gal UC roots. This helps prevent embolism and is handy for transporting from room to room. I make ~1 gallon and label solo cups with strain names.

>STEP 3<
- Before placing in cloner, make a second final cut on each clone directly at the base of the node that is 1/2" above your initial cut. There is a plug of carbohydrates found at each node and it will aid in rooting. The secondary cut also helps prevent embolisms.
- Place clones into cloner with roughly 2-3 inches of stem to go below the collars.

>STEP 4<
- Add another 10 mL/gal Hormex and run for 15 minutes
- Add 20 mL/gal Clonex solution

>STEP 5<
- Add 2mL/gal UC roots every other day until final transplant

>STEP 6<
- On day 7 the stems should have a spongey white look from the Hormex (pic attached), Drain system and fill with fresh RO water from sterile reservoir
- PH to 6.0 using clean PH probe
- Turn cloner on
- Add 20 mL/gal UC roots, run for 15 mins
- Add 30-40ml/gal Clonex solution. Really big clones love the 40 mL/gal but if taking regular sized clones use 30mL/gal

>>>>ENVIRONMENT<<<<
- T5 Fluorescent lighting roughly 18" from canopy
- 78-80 deg. F
- ~65% Relative hum.
- lights and pump on 24/7

Attachments