Which node to make the chop?

I do your method on some, and manifold on the other, and limit my plants to 4 tops just so I have more room.
View attachment 65926
The manifold takes about 2 weeks longer to get 4 tops ready to flip, and produces more bulk
(probably because of the longer veg more than the manifold)
That was just a test run to see how the plant would grow and react. It's one of my 2 favorite methods. I prefer to top between 4 and 5, top the side nodes after the first node on each new side node. I then pull all those nodes outwards. This then allows all the new growth from mid up on those side nodes to fill the middle in. I have been a little lazy on training with a high plant count but working on getting it alot lower. End result however is a usually a nice even bush all around.

74283333_2427300967523162_7939455520073580544_n.jpg

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That was just a test run to see how the plant would grow and react. It's one of my 2 favorite methods. I prefer to top between 4 and 5, top the side nodes after the first node on each new side node. I then pull all those nodes outwards. This then allows all the new growth from mid up on those side nodes to fill the middle in. I have been a little lazy on training with a high plant count but working on getting it alot lower. End result however is a usually a nice even bush all around.

View attachment 65929
NICE!

I found that the main benefit to keeping 4 tops and not much else is that trim-time is next to nothing.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I like to top between nodes 4 & 5, remove nodes 1 & 2 (1 being the node with the cotylodons) leaving nodes 3 & 4.

That way with just one cut, you have 4 tops. I might top 1 more time (the new tops from node 4) to end up with 6 tops.

Also i top as early as i can, so topped when there’s 5 or 6 nodes total.
That was probably confusing :LOL:

TLDR; 1 cut = 4 tops
tldr-topping.png

And then trim lowers to keep the tops looking equal
tldr-topping-2.png

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
That was probably confusing :LOL:

TLDR; 1 cut = 4 tops
View attachment 66207

And then trim lowers to keep the tops looking equal
View attachment 66209
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I think you are counting your nodes incorrectly. I personally never count the cotyledons as a node. I consider the first set of leaves/stems as node one, the next set as node 2, and so on. This is usually how nodes are referred to when it comes to topping (in sets).