When should I chop

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
If you have a 30x-60x loupe you could check the trichome ripeness on the top, middle and lower bud sites. If they are clear throughout keep cruising or you could start dialing back on the concentration, but as soon as you notice cloudy heads you could start flushing.

That's all I got, salt to taste vato.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Looks like those are close to finished but if the majority of the plant looks like that then it would be safe to say a dark period could be in her future

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
I’d say the tall cone shaped one is a sativa, keep feeding her. Feed her for a week and flush thereafter anothet 5-7 days. The golf ball one is Indica and is ready to be flushed based on those trichs.

Marketplaza2

Ok I’m going to start flushing. But I got to do both at the same time. When I planted them I planted both in the same 5 gal smart pot. I know I’m not supposed to do that but with limited space I tried it that way but now it seems one is finishing before the other. But they should be fine if I flush both at the same time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If your growing these in soil then there really is no need to flush. Flushing has been proven as a myth for quite awhile now and studies have proven it makes no difference in the final product.
👆
What he said. Testing has proven that your weed takes things in at the cellular level. The thought that you can run fresh water through and make the cells change is silly. It's like when computer codes were first being written - GIGO - garbage in, garbage out. If you put it in there it's there.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
👆
What he said. Testing has proven that your weed takes things in at the cellular level. The thought that you can run fresh water through and make the cells change is silly. It's like when computer codes were first being written - GIGO - garbage in, garbage out. If you put it in there it's there.
Yep! Feed the microbes, microbes feed the plant. As long as you have a good "balance" of the right microbes.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Ok. I appreciate the advice. I’m just going to feed them water for the next 10 days and then do the 2 days of dark then chop.
The 2 days of dark is another myth that has yet to be proven that it actually makes a difference. I doubt there’s any negative issues caused from doing it but thought I’d bring it up. I personally just chop my plants when they are ready, strip them of fan leaves, and hang them to dry.

Not Given

Has chucked
The 2 days of dark is another myth that has yet to be proven that it actually makes a difference. I doubt there’s any negative issues caused from doing it but thought I’d bring it up. I personally just chop my plants when they are ready, strip them of fan leaves, and hang them to dry.
Ever try the Alaska thunderfuck grown in the matenuska valley alaska? It was great, and I heard their trick was light deprevation. I think it's not a wives tale 😜

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
See what I mean about salting to taste. Listen to these guys, they know this shit (on a cellular level) I'm on my third grow and what they said is going to make me research even deeper now. Now I feel like a doofus for tossing you a bunch of bro-science, my bad vato.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've been doindg both depending on space. Here's what a 2-3 day dark period does without question:
1. Frees up a plant space i your flower room
2. Prevents you from chopping 2-3 days early (for newbs :ROFLMAO: )

The other thing I have nodiced is that stripping the fan leaves off after the dark period is easier.