Waste and Tragedy

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Do you believe in Santa ?
I am now questioning everything. The weed fairy just left my house.

"Just make them disappear "
I usually stay out of the coffee talk but I had heard enough,and when I piped up,that was my solution.
My wife was chatting with her girlfriend. Someone had gifted my wife's girlfriend with a handful of seeds.
They were growing them out door in their backyard. Sooo,,,the seed giver wanders back over lately, and says ," hey, my plants are looking really good "
Now the girlfriend grower is having a WTF moment. Her stomach turns as she anticipates a custody battle.

I knew I had culled males in my compost pile.
"Have you ever seen the Changling? ", I further conspired.

The girlfriend grower brings the disputed plants over to my place, and I send a couple of dead plants home with her.
"Go stuff those corpses into your back yard and call your greedy friend, and tell them 'her plants' aren't looking so good.

I am such a dick.
,,,and this dick is four weeks ahead if sched:sneaky:

Looks Like hungry Sativa
20190810_113528.jpg
20190810_113540.jpg
And happy indica
20190810_113622.jpg
20190810_113641.jpg
This wee one started later and then survived a dog mauling. I take all kinds. I not picky.
20190810_113729.jpg
20190810_113740.jpg
Even with my readers, I cannot confirm sex.
They are not in flower, and have been topped in a pleasing fashion.
I wasn't exspecting much, yet I was certianly impressed, for a first timers outdoor.
There are definitely advantages to living in Canada's sunniest county.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Show and Tell !

I finally have enough foliage to take a decent photo.

Here is the Northern lights( Sour Larry cross) last week
20190810_172649_HDR.jpg
She bushed out.
I have popped 8 of these -all told.
This one , the one that didnt make it, and SIX males. This is a love/hate plant.
First seed I ever sowed. Was male
Planted two more - two males.
Took my three months of growing to see my first MJ girlie parts,,,totaly worth it.
Here she is today.
20190818_103034_HDR.jpg
I am just @ my first candle for growing. These NL x SL were a terrible innoguration. The wife nearly gave up, at the get go.
Male after male
20190310_225350.jpg
Try again.

Yeah !! more Males
Since I couldn't grow buds, I decided to experiment. Here are the boys @ 13 C°
Freeze the balls off before the execution.
20190113_121039.jpg
It recovered.
20190114_132630.jpg

I have since learned that if you cross Sour Larry with anything you will have a beast on your hands. Here is a girl from last summer, the Sour Larry cross is on the right,at less than 4 weeks old. Ready to flower.
20190127_013800.jpg
Hoping this ,last final NL x SL bean , is female.

Next up
Smurfzilla by Sourlarry.
I am cocky enough to say , "keep an eye on this one"
I have two in the coco
20190818_103019.jpg
Last plant (f1) gave me half a pound !
These latest ones are backcrosses to the sister of the mother smurfzilla
20190702_230602_HDR.jpg
You can see the gg4 in there.
20190818_111945.jpg

That is it for the known strains.
Next ?
Is whats new.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
These are the 'stepchildren' These three plants fell from the sky. They were gifts.
Here is the Indica looking on arrival day.
20190810_113622.jpg
Healthy enough, but hungry.
20190810_113641.jpg
Aphid treatment, big feed, and under the 400.
Here she is Aug 13th ( appears left front )
20190813_190039.jpg
Five days later , same angle.
20190818_024122_HDR.jpg
Nice and pfat now.
20190818_102945.jpg
I cloned her last night (x3), and noticed this ,,, looks encouraging !
20190818_024324_HDR.jpg
Here is the orphan Sativa gifter
20190810_113622.jpg
That one showed up reeealy hungry.
20190810_113540.jpg
Big feed, under the 400
20190818_103005_HDR.jpg
As an afterthought, this insignificant shztstack of chlorophyll showed up as well.
It (almost) survived a puppy mauling.
20190810_113729.jpg
That little P'OS musta been a bucket full of roots.
After one week of 400W mh

Oops photo'd out

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Waste and tragedy strikes again.
Thank you, @NoWaistedSpace , for the observation.
Are there any "pistils" on the plant?
No. Unfortunately.
Over the course of the last week, I was leaning to male.
Simply due to the lack of showing, @ that point of size/maturity.
The plant is unknown and my experience is limited, I know some show earlier than others.
I cant be wasting my time, I am honing my cloning game. :geek:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

No. Unfortunately.
The plant is unknown and my experience is limited, I know some show earlier than others.
I am also trying my hand at "cloning". Always grew seed out. I love the surprise of not knowing what a seed will produce in the end. Good or bad. lol.

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
There is no residual capacitance in the bulb?
- or is there ?
No danger in there ?
Yes there is. Don’t touch them when they are on. I did. Granted it was a little shock but still it jolts.

Oh jebus,

I think I stopped reading @ the 1500 lumen part.

I am not closely versed in the lingo enough to evaluate how you are arriving at what.

I do know this ,
I pried off the dome off the Led globe.
The results are photo'd below.
The nine watt jumped from 40 ppfd ( at one beer bottle distance) up to 90 with the dome removed.
The 16 watt jumped from 70 ppfd up to 200 @ the same distance.
View attachment 15270
Slightly encouraging.
I began to move the bulb closer to the sensor in a inverse square fashion. Unfortunately, the bulb was this close before I hit 1000ppfd ( see next photo, below). And, damn that Pythagoras, because the reading drops to 850 if I wandered away from the drip line.
View attachment 15271
If the sensor moves left or right far enough to touch the globes in this photo , the measurements drops to 850.
To get an even canopy of 1000 ppfd, I would need the bulb three inches away from the plants. I would need a dial calipre and a light metre to adjust every bulb - every 20 mins 😝
The bulbs would need to be three inches on centre. In a six by six flower room I would need 24x24 bulbs. Like 576 of them.
Drawing about 7500 watts.
Is my calculator stoned? Or should I stick with Hps ?
I don’t know how much light those diffusers block but i’m sure they help with diffusion and a better light distribution over the canopy.

This response may be redundant as i have still not read the rest of the thread but i just wanted to throw in my .02

crimsonecho

Yes there is. Don’t touch them when they are on. I did. Granted it was a little shock but still it jolts.

I don’t know how much light those diffusers block but i’m sure they help with diffusion and a better light distribution over the canopy.

This response may be redundant as i have still not read the rest of the thread but i just wanted to throw in my .02
Ok i’m all caught up. Glad you got some plants to get things going again. If you ever want any of my personal crosses, you can have them. They look well, i wish you a smooth ride, a bountiful harvest and much dank.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

No. Unfortunately.
Or! That is one of those plants that are growing so fast, it has no where else to make tops. Some genetics will do this. I never toss until I know for certain. Over the years, I've made mental notes and images using all my senses.
All I was saying is that isn't a pistil.
Now if I was to look at the main stem only, Indica Hybrid? I would lean toward a female.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Thanks, @CrimsonEcho
my personal crosses,
If I recall you were making seed with blueberry crosses, I have heard that these are CBD heavy.
I am still dream of chasing down a couple ~haha - a *few of wishfuls.
  • Anything CBD heavy (or exclusive)
  • Sour Tangie
  • La Confidential
The CBD is for my girl, the oils are phrohibitivly exspensive.
Sour Tangie is my girls favourite flavour, it is the most popular daytime sativa around here.
I must admit it has a flavor of its own. I can reach into an ice cream bucket full of roaches and separate every roach into two categories. Sour Tangie - and - not Sour Tangie.
The LA Con is a doublentrende, my girl finds it to be a appetite stimulator, it helps keep up her weight. She also finds it to be a muscle relaxer; I like it because it CERTAINLY has panty removing qualities.
Rember when Tom Petty "was in love with a girl,,,"
That was my my girl, and he was talking about LACon.
You see @Uncle Romulus has these cougar problems, and he holds a LAcon x Pre98 , little does he realize, he is culturing kitty pheromone.
Its a milf magnet.

crimsonecho

Thanks, @CrimsonEcho
If I recall you were making seed with blueberry crosses, I have heard that these are CBD heavy.
I am still dream of chasing down a couple ~haha - a *few of wishfuls.
  • Anything CBD heavy (or exclusive)
  • Sour Tangie
  • La Confidential
The CBD is for my girl, the oils are phrohibitivly exspensive.
Sour Tangie is my girls favourite flavour, it is the most popular daytime sativa around here.
I must admit it has a flavor of its own. I can reach into an ice cream bucket full of roaches and separate every roach into two categories. Sour Tangie - and - not Sour Tangie.
The LA Con is a doublentrende, my girl finds it to be a appetite stimulator, it helps keep up her weight. She also finds it to be a muscle relaxer; I like it because it CERTAINLY has panty removing qualities.
Rember when Tom Petty "was in love with a girl,,,"
That was my my girl, and he was talking about LACon.
You see @Uncle Romulus has these cougar problems, and he holds a LAcon x Pre98 , little does he realize, he is culturing kitty pheromone.
Its a milf magnet.
Is blueberry high in CBD? Right now i have blueberry bastards which have blueberries in them. Only know the pollen mother with those (labeling issue) and they are a little “delicate” lets say. Meaning i had hermie issues with just a tiny bit of stress. So i couldn’t really recommend my blueberry line for now. Hahaha. I have to work them a bit or maybe even exclude it in further breeding completely.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Got some root action. I finally produced a healthy looking clone, the only ones before have all died back pretty ugly before they took off. This one just did her thing.
I cut it, dipped it in gel, and placed the stalk right at the waterline. 'Bout 10 days. I am pretty happy.
Capture+_2019-08-21-02-55-15(1).png
It never died back, that is a new one for me.
20190821_023819.jpg
All the little ones are looking good.
Skunk.
20190821_023740.jpg
Skeleton Cookie is looking to win this race.
20190821_023714_HDR.jpg
Dont count this one out , Smurfzilla
A few days behind, but never fails to impress.
20190821_023802.jpg
Everyone is looking good.
Last time I had a batch this size I was burning 200w
Thanks again @Jesselikes2Grow for the no-dome naked led luv'n tip.
This is all running off less than 40w.
I gotta clean up, it is starting to look like @Uncle Romulus 's powerbar farm.
20190821_023638_HDR.jpg
The big kids are veg'n and happy.
Chillin in their power bunny milk.
20190821_024815_HDR(1).jpg