Vipraspectra 300 reflector series conversion to Cobs

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I have 2 of these Vipraspectra 300 reflector series lights that were bought when I first was thinking about growing. I have never used these lights as I have quantum boards and was wanting some input from you guys as to what is the best option to convert these into something usable for a flowing tent. There is one driver in the light which is 140 to 180 volts and 660 to 690 ma. It also has a 12v fan. I got some pictures.

Attachments

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I have 2 of these Vipraspectra 300 reflector series lights that were bought when I first was thinking about growing. I have never used these lights as I have quantum boards and was wanting some input from you guys as to what is the best option to convert these into something usable for a flowing tent. There is one driver in the light which is 140 to 180 volts and 660 to 690 ma. It also has a 12v fan. I got some pictures.
I am using this in a 2x2 for breeding

Last edited:

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
From your info it's a CC driver.
You'd have to run 5 of any of these cobs on this link. Least if it kept the selections I made it will be right.

I chose 3500k since you said breeding. 3500 is an awesome cradle to grave spectrum. It's what I'd use if it was me. Specifically the 97 cri one here.
View attachment 29196
5 x 34v= 170v total. In V range of driver.
And it maxes out at 920 ma, so mid 600ma is great.
They'd be wired in series.
But why not just use em as is if theyre brand new and ready to go as is?
These light have very little red spectrum. Rapid led had clu048 -1212 for $12 each. Was thinking on 4 cobs with 8 to 10 photo reds.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
You'd have to run 5 of any of these cobs on this link. Least if it kept the selections I made it will be right.

I chose 3500k since you said breeding. 3500 is an awesome cradle to grave spectrum. It's what I'd use if it was me. Specifically the 97 cri one here.
View attachment 29196
Going your way but with 4 cobs ,8 photo reds,1 UV and 1 IR. That's makes 162 volts. I'll take a picture when done. Thx

Last edited:

Armdog

RDWC GROWER

View attachment 29196
Ordered those cobs but did not notice they had 0 in stock. Haven't heard from them yet. If they don't have them got another choice?

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Got a e-mail yesterday and it said it would dock on the 15th. I'm assuming that means arriving here , it said shipped on there invoice.
Well I tore into one light today. The board is not removable from the aluminum. Luckily I have a buddy that owns a sheet metal business and he is making me 2 -12" x 7 1/4" - 1/16" to 1/4" thick out of aluminum or stainless steel for free. The original piece was 1/16" thick. Haven't got the parts yet, should have em by Friday.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I'd send an email and see how long order time is, or change to a different K maybe.
Well I tore into one light today. The board is not removable from the aluminum. Luckily I have a buddy that owns a sheet metal business and he is making me 2 -12" x 7 1/4" - 1/16" to 1/4" thick out of aluminum or stainless steel for free. The original piece was 1/16" thick. Haven't got the parts yet, should have em by Friday.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER